Tick ??

datahogg

For example the EUR-USD. Is a tick the amount of time that is required for
one lot (or mini lot) to buy/sell , or is the tick the amount of time that it takes for
a certain dollar amount of the EURUSD to buy/sell in the Forex market. Either way it
appears the tick is indirectly an indicator of volume?

Thanks in advance. H. Hampton

A tick is the smallest movement an instrument can move.

Also known as a pip.

But I think the answer to the real question being asked - which I take as being "What is measured by tick volume?" - is that a tick is an instance of a price quote being at a certain price level. For example, if the price moved from 100 to 101 to 100 to 101 to 100, the tick volume for 100 would be 3 and for 101 it would be 2.

Tick volume

Also known as a pip.

But I think the answer to the real question being asked - which I take as being "What is measured by tick volume?" - is that a tick is an instance of a price quote being at a certain price level. For example, if the price moved from 100 to 101 to 100 to 101 to 100, the tick volume for 100 would be 3 and for 101 it would be 2.
***************************************************************************************************
So if I am plotting a chart (100TICK chart) each candle stick will occupy a time interval
that allows for a 100 tick movement (0.0001 change per tick) up or down. Each candle will vary in time duration. Volatile times will probably have more candles than quiet times. So the 100TICK chart is indirectly related to volume and volatility??

Thanks for the info.

So if I am plotting a chart (100TICK chart) each candle stick will occupy a time interval that allows for a 100 tick movement (0.0001 change per tick) up or down.Each candle will vary in time duration. Volatile times will probably have more candles than quiet times. So the 100TICK chart is indirectly related to volume and volatility??

I'm not familiar with a 100TICK chart. That's not something I've ever seen. If, however, it is as you describe it (a candle which encompasses 100 ticks worth of price movement) then it sounds like you're on the right track.

Note, however, that the price movement from one tick to the next doesn't have to be a single pip (0.0001 for EUR/USD). Sometimes it can be a lot more than that if there's a volatility event.

Also note that high tick frequency doesn't necessarily equate to high price volatility. Prices move constantly by very small amounts back and forth. You could literally have 100 ticks happen just in the market moving between 1.2201 and 1.2202.

For example the EUR-USD. Is a tick the amount of time that is required for
one lot (or mini lot) to buy/sell , or is the tick the amount of time that it takes for
a certain dollar amount of the EURUSD to buy/sell in the Forex market. Either way it
appears the tick is indirectly an indicator of volume?

Thanks in advance. H. Hampton

It is a good indicator of volume. On Ftse u can use 25/100/200 tick charts...after that its a bit pointless IMO.

from where to start?

hello all,
i am currently doing the trading in my local market but now i want to move to forex so what you people snuggest me that can i survive in forex or i have to take some training etc ????? or it is same as i trade my shares in local market