Tibra technical interview

moneycanfly

i'm currently applying for a junior trader position in several firms. For Tibra I have passed the test and the HR round. the next round (and the final round, i hope) will be technical. I'm wondering if anyone here may know how technical its gonna get? do they expect me to have a very good understanding of derivatives? some sample interview questions will be highly appreciated.

also, got interviews coming up with Saen, All Options and Optiver. Wondering if anyone knows what interviews are like with them? i've already passed the Saen test, and should be able to manage the tests from the other two. Is there any point to apply for IMC as well?

As these firms pay more or less the base salary for junior positions, i'm wondering which one has a better reputation for paying bonus?

If anyone's interested in the tests from these firms, i'm more than happy to share my experience.

I really cant help you as i havnt applied to these firms, but are you from a target school? Do these tests need studying for or can i simply wing it? from what ive read it seems as though these tests look at a person's mathematical ability. Also which test was the hardest?

I have tibra test coming up? Are the questions multiple choice?
How about the logic part of the test? Is it like an IQ test or more like a number sequence? Does it contain any word puzzles ? Any resources for preparation for the exam would be highly appreciated.

I am in the same boat as Moneycanfly. Is there anyone who has been through this technical interview?

Hi moneycanfly, what is the test with saen like? can you give me some examples? many thanks and good luck with all your interviews!

Last edited:
Hi moneycanfly, I have a test at Tibra coming up; could you tell what it's like? What kind of questions should I be prepared for? Did you take the HR round and the test on the same day? Really appreciate all the tips I can get!

the first round interviews with these firms are math based.

you ll do stuff like 15% * (49.524- 63.109), or 88+130. seems easy enough but you have to be quick cause it s timed. Also number sequences like 1 2 4 7 11 x

hi guys I went through all the parts of Tibra recruitment but failed the very last stage... not a good experience :)

I will be happy to share my knowledge with anyone interested.

hi guys I went through all the parts of Tibra recruitment but failed the very last stage... not a good experience :)

I will be happy to share my knowledge with anyone interested.

Hi, what do you think are some of the biggest challenges in the process?

hi guys, is there anyone applied the C++ developer position in chengdu of China?
I went through about 1 test and 4 round interviews(1 HR,2 tech, 1 boss) but dont know is the whole interview finished?
is there anyone who knows how many meetings will this process ok? plz share with me, thanks a lot!
how many days will the result arrived?

my msn is <[email protected]>, welcome to chat with me, thanks!

are you allowed calculators for these questions? 88+130 & the number sequence seem pretty easy but the first question is significantly more difficult, especially if you are not allowed a calculator. also do they play music in the tests like they do at the liquid tests?

are you allowed calculators for these questions? 88+130 & the number sequence seem pretty easy but the first question is significantly more difficult, especially if you are not allowed a calculator. also do they play music in the tests like they do at the liquid tests?[/QUOTE

no calculators allowed for the mental calculations. there are a bunch of websites where you can practise doing those mental calculations. just practise a lot.

Student 2 Trader have just released an interview with Tibra Capital.

The interview is with a Senior head of trading and is VERY informative, insightful and very worthy read.

The interview can be viewed here: http://student2trader.com/trader_interviews

We are very excited about the release and hope you enjoy it!

Kind regards
Damon | Student 2 Trader Cofounder

I have the final test at Tibra in a week. Any one have any advice on what will be on the math and logic test and how I should prepare. Also, what will the interviews be like if I pass the test? Any advice would be great. Thanks

the interviews will be about maths and not much trading depth.. these guys basically do stat arb..and have some bright graduates around,... but no seasoned traders.