Thumbnails From Sharescope

barjon said:
mmm, not sure what to suggest. You could try a gif converter - download the evaluation version from Winzip (looks as if they might want paying after 21 days though) then you right click your bmp file and click on convert to gif. Otherwise I tried pasting from the clipboard direct into a word document - that uploaded and came through on the post alright but it took it's time to view when I clicked the thumbnail.

edit: 'course if you want to post something fairly simple you can go to online charting under the resources tag on the link bar above which lets you attach the chart to a post direct.

jon

Thanks you guys for giving so much time and support. Don't worry about it, I'll still be around, although you won't see my beautiful ideas on chart ;) This is the first time that I have felt the need to update Windows and is, almost certainly, the reason that I can't post charts, although I'll still work away at it.

Split

Splitlink said:
Thanks you guys for giving so much time and support. Don't worry about it, I'll still be around, although you won't see my beautiful ideas on chart ;) This is the first time that I have felt the need to update Windows and is, almost certainly, the reason that I can't post charts, although I'll still work away at it.

Split

Another try.

Attachments

• JMAT.gif
    JMAT.gif
    16 KB · Views: 200
Splitlink said:
Another try.

My brainy son found a free converter to gif. :D . If anyone needs it I'll send the link later.
But not tonight!

Goodnight!

Split

Splitlink said:
My brainy son found a free converter to gif. :D . If anyone needs it I'll send the link later.
But not tonight!

Goodnight!

Split

yippee

Splitlink said:
My programme does not accept a gif file so I have been sending it on bmp. That doesn't seem to work, either. How are you getting on Gumrepus?

Split

Hi Split

I hope that I have managed it this time! I have attached a thumbnail of the Dow from Sharescope.

T2W doesn't accept bmp files. If you go to manage attachments it gives a list of the file types that it can accept and bmp isn't listed. You need to ensure that when you save the chart in Paint that you use the Save As Type drop down menu to select gif.

This is what i did - I am on Windows 98 but I have checked on my wife's computer which has windows XP and it's the same.

Sharescope - Edit - Copy graph to clipboard

Next you open Paint - to do this in Windows
Programmes - Accessories - Paint
Edit -Paste - View - Zoom - normal size (You may well find it is normal size already but when i first tried it, it was set to a smaller size and the thumbnail was too small to see properly)
File - Save As - Save as type - choose gif - Save In (choose the) folder you want to save it in- File name (give it a name). When i saved it it had a little twine about possibly losing some colour but it was ok (i hope)

That should be it. Test it by closing Paint and opening the file.

So, I have attached a gif thumbnail of the Dow and if it doesn't come up then I'm going to look a right prat!

Gumrepus

Attachments

• Dow.gif
    Dow.gif
    9.8 KB · Views: 211
barjon said:

Barjon

Thanks for the help you have been giving. I've just managed to post a thumbnail of the Dow but when I click on it I don't get the enlarge button.

Any ideas?

Regards

Gumrepus

Gumrepus said:
Hi Split

I hope that I have managed it this time! I have attached a thumbnail of the Dow from Sharescope.

T2W doesn't accept bmp files. If you go to manage attachments it gives a list of the file types that it can accept and bmp isn't listed. You need to ensure that when you save the chart in Paint that you use the Save As Type drop down menu to select gif.

This is what i did - I am on Windows 98 but I have checked on my wife's computer which has windows XP and it's the same.

Sharescope - Edit - Copy graph to clipboard

Next you open Paint - to do this in Windows
Programmes - Accessories - Paint
Edit -Paste - View - Zoom - normal size (You may well find it is normal size already but when i first tried it, it was set to a smaller size and the thumbnail was too small to see properly)
File - Save As - Save as type - choose gif - Save In (choose the) folder you want to save it in- File name (give it a name). When i saved it it had a little twine about possibly losing some colour but it was ok (i hope)

That should be it. Test it by closing Paint and opening the file.

So, I have attached a gif thumbnail of the Dow and if it doesn't come up then I'm going to look a right prat!

Gumrepus

A bigger prat than me? Not possible! When Jon mentioned converters my son fished around and found "Giffy" so, if you are unhappy with your chart, you could try that. You will find it with the Yahoo search facility- Google, too, no doubt.. The dropdown box that you mention does not have gif in Windows95, so I had no alternative. Giffy needs installing but it is free and takes about 800 Kbs.

One last (I hope) question. There are no copyright problems with Sharescope, are there?

Split

Splitlink said:
A bigger prat than me? Not possible! When Jon mentioned converters my son fished around and found "Giffy" so, if you are unhappy with your chart, you could try that. You will find it with the Yahoo search facility- Google, too, no doubt.. The dropdown box that you mention does not have gif in Windows95, so I had no alternative. Giffy needs installing but it is free and takes about 800 Kbs.

One last (I hope) question. There are no copyright problems with Sharescope, are there?

Split

Split

Thanks for that. I'll try that download.

No idea about copyright. I think I'll take the view that Sharescope would be pleased that we were publicising the quality of their charts! Perhaps we should charge them for publicity?

Gumrepus

Split

Please ignore this. I'm trying with a larger thumbnail.

Gumrepus

Attachments

• Aviva.gif
    Aviva.gif
    14.8 KB · Views: 192
Gumrepus said:
Barjon

Thanks for the help you have been giving. I've just managed to post a thumbnail of the Dow but when I click on it I don't get the enlarge button.

Any ideas?

Regards

Gumrepus

Thanks for all your help. I've just managed to post Aviva chart and it's ok, I got enlargement button when posted. I saved it in paint as a larger image.

Phew

barjon said:
well done - all systems go!!!

Jon

Really grateful to you and Split. Thanks.

Tomorrow I can now make a king size prat of myself by posting my interpretation of some charts and be constructively machine gunned by people who know how to do it properly.

Looking forward to learning.

gumrepus