This government is totally insane.

I find it a bit pathetic that these topics can't even be discussed objectively, without participants being falsely branded as racist - as has already been insinuated.

Yeah, but how do you check the basis of their beliefs without asking what their beliefs are?

I suppose it depends how much you trust the government and media to represent them accurately.

As it happens the media has represented them more or less accurately but I would never trust the media to represent anyone's views fairly.

you really don't need to. Any party who has "promoted" violence and acts of violence with nazi sympathies should not be listened to - it's common sense. The BNP is racist - full stop. I'd be glad for you or anyone to tell me what some of their "beliefs" are. I had read about them many, many years ago and I don't think they have "changed" in any way. One particular holocaust denier supports them (David Irvine his name is I think), tells me what kind of people they have.

However, I do believe that they have a right to "defend" their views. But they won't listen to reason, since the basis of their "beliefs" is not reason - but feelings. Sometimes you can't do anything about that.

I can remember our front door being daubed with "NF" in the 70s. These low life scumbags don't like white people even if they're a teeny weeny darkskinned.

Attachments

• jerkit.gif
    jerkit.gif
    1.9 KB · Views: 442
I can remember our front door being daubed with "NF" in the 70s. These low life scumbags don't like white people even if they're a teeny weeny darkskinned.

What did they mean by "NF"? and who are "they" in the first place?

At least the BNP are obvious, despite my assertion one should at least check... I've heard No Surrender sung at a Lib Dem dinner.

Well, here's a prediction: the BNP are going to do extremely well in the next election - and that's been attributed elsewhere to no less an authority than Frank Field.

So let's be honest, the public don't buy Steve Jones about blacks (especially if they're Muslims), do they!?

So, let's also be clear we're not really talking about Poles, either are we?

Shock horror - and err, discuss!?

Cheers

Mayfly

I was stating facts, BNP and other anti-EU political parties who also want to control immigration ARE increasing in popularity in the UK - FACT. Even the conservatives see the need to control immigration, and are for limiting UK involvement in the EU. Does this make Tory voters racists?

No need to make it personal against me - i.e. "you people", "yours" etc. Don't make sweeping unfounded assumptions about me and my beliefs. Thanks.

The BNP hate non-white people. They are racists and nazis. That is a fact. There is nothing to find out. If you want to consider voting for them, go ahead and do so. We will have to see how they are going to cleanse this country of brown and black people. That shoud be be fun actually.

The BNP hate non-white people. They are racists and nazis. That is a fact.

Pretty much sums it up. They are not misunderstood and any number of visits to their web site or reading their manifesto or anything else is going to change this.

A huge problem with discussing society, politics, culture etc. is everyone has a different frame of reference and horizon. Within each distinct frame of reference the set of possibly significant variables can be large, agreement on their significance low, formulation of the problem in terms of the variables subjective, definition of terms debatable and agreement on the propositions that define the validity of and relationship between variables sparse. That's within one frame of reference, before you get to debate solutions to the problem or even strategies for developing solutions.

No wonder people never really agree anything and end up allying to broad generalisations determined by culture, geography, family, peer pressure, emotional manipulation, etc. There's simply too much to take into account and the complexity of any human-scale situation is intractable. It's only natural.

Brains and societies are self-organising systems that are strongly emergent as a result of interactions between many agents and components in many sub-layers, governed by things like amplification of fluctuations and positive and negative feedback, operating between ideologies, people, neurons, molecules, atoms and quantum things.

Given that, does anyone really know what they feel, or why?

If the above sounds like complete b0llocks it's because, to most people, it is, or may as well be. Boll0cky interlude over, on with the show...

A huge problem with discussing society, politics, culture etc. is everyone has a different frame of reference and horizon. Within each distinct frame of reference the set of possibly significant variables can be large, agreement on their significance low, formulation of the problem in terms of the variables subjective, definition of terms debatable and agreement on the propositions that define the validity of and relationship between variables sparse. That's within one frame of reference, before you get to debate solutions to the problem or even strategies for developing solutions.

No wonder people never really agree anything and end up allying to broad generalisations determined by culture, geography, family, peer pressure, emotional manipulation, etc. There's simply too much to take into account and the complexity of any human-scale situation is intractable. It's only natural.

Brains and societies are self-organising systems that are strongly emergent as a result of interactions between many agents and components in many sub-layers, governed by things like amplification of fluctuations and positive and negative feedback, operating between ideologies, people, neurons, molecules, atoms and quantum things.

Given that, does anyone really know what they feel, or why?

If the above sounds like complete b0llocks it's because, to most people, it is, or may as well be. Boll0cky interlude over, on with the show...

True.

I watched the depressing programs on C4 last night abovut the prevalent knife culture that exists throughout the UK now.
If these documentaries were accurate, the knife/gun problem is a lot more serious, and a lot more ingrained into the lives of these (mainly) youths, than i had imagined. What a sad, sad, sad, future this paints not just for these gangsters, but also the innocent people who get caught up in this, and the society as a whole. Things must be really bad if things have already got so far out of control.
It is so sad.

Well, here's a prediction: the BNP are going to do extremely well in the next election - and that's been attributed elsewhere to no less an authority than Frank Field.

So let's be honest, the public don't buy Steve Jones about blacks (especially if they're Muslims), do they!?

So, let's also be clear we're not really talking about Poles, either are we?

Shock horror - and err, discuss!?

Cheers

Mayfly

I don't understand a word of this!

I watched the depressing programs on C4 last night abovut the prevalent knife culture that exists throughout the UK now.
If these documentaries were accurate, the knife/gun problem is a lot more serious, and a lot more ingrained into the lives of these (mainly) youths, than i had imagined. What a sad, sad, sad, future this paints not just for these gangsters, but also the innocent people who get caught up in this, and the society as a whole. Things must be really bad if things have already got so far out of control.
It is so sad.

Whenever there is unemployment and social hardship there is trouble, so there is worse to come. This is inevitable and governments, and I mean EU governments, with their stupid immigration laws and with a coming slowdown of our economies, have been on a collision course with trouble for years.

Now, even our most respected immigrant African and Asian citizens, people who have worked hard in our countries for generations, are going to be lumped together with the rest.