Thinking of trying a system

belneg said:
Hi Pipper,

I know for a fact that you will be staying home tonight, with the snow storm dumping all that snow. It's a good night to stay home and celebrate. Have a good one.

Belneg.

Ohh yeah, I just hope my friend who works in Burlington doesn't get stranded there tonight, they are calling for freezing rain. :confused:

Check this out.

http://www.progressive4x.com/api/for...000/index.html

I have been browsing these top-1000 lists for a while. If they are able to offer a top-1000 list of strategies for each pair, they must be testing a ton.

It is pretty cool, you just press a button and boom, the strategy is integrated into the platform.

Sorry, it has been a while since I have posted, but I have been really busy with things.

I am really happy with this buy. I am starting to move away from their signal picks and search their database for some with more signals per day.

PS, just came across something you guys might like.

They are offering a free trial. http://www.progressive4x.com/api/forex-trading-system/forex-trading-success.html

pipper said:
100 pips, they say you should use very loose stops for each pair.

This system claims that if you trade all 5 of their pairs you will be diversified enough so your drawdowns will be acceptable.

I am currently trading 3, and I want to do it how they instruct. I am still waiting for signals on the other 2.

Hi pipper, no offense, u mean they don't tell u where to set yr stops? just to use loose stops? what kind of system is it? it's not a system then, u do sound like you're very new to this game. You have a long way to go. Please stick around this site and other forums to learn more , a lot more before you throw any more money away.

pipper said:
Check this out.

http://www.progressive4x.com/api/for...000/index.html

I have been browsing these top-1000 lists for a while. If they are able to offer a top-1000 list of strategies for each pair, they must be testing a ton.

It is pretty cool, you just press a button and boom, the strategy is integrated into the platform.

Sorry, it has been a while since I have posted, but I have been really busy with things.

I am really happy with this buy. I am starting to move away from their signal picks and search their database for some with more signals per day.

PS, just came across something you guys might like.

They are offering a free trial. http://www.progressive4x.com/api/forex-trading-system/forex-trading-success.html

Hi Pipper,
Been following this thread with interest. I'm interested to see that you started testing their swing trading method and seemed to do pretty well, bagging over 600 pips on one trade. Because of your success you seem to be wanting to stop trading this method and switch to something else that trades more frequently! Maybe this is an over-simplification but in my experience it takes some time to determine whether a trading system really works so I would suggest that you've not given the swing system long enough. I would also suggest that a higher frequency of trading is in general not likely to lead to greater profits but in fact the reverse. That's not to say that it's not possible to come up with a high frequency FX system that makes money it's just much harder.

For what it's worth I would suggest sticking with the swing system for a while. The key to successful systems trading is just mechanically to take every trade day in day out - because you just don't know in advance which one is going to turn out to the be the 600 pip winner and it's the few winners like that which make up for all the small losers that you usually get. In the end systems trading is actually rather boring but can be extremely profitable.

If you are wanting more signals then ask yourself why. Are trading, for the excitment or to make money? The two are not the same!

Anyway, good luck with your trading and do keep posting here - it's very interesting to hear how these systems work out with real trading.

Thank you everyone for your concerns and input. I have realized that 600 pip day is not typical, and I was humbled very quickly.

I use my own stops still, I set them to what I am comfortable with, and it seems to be working.

What the one tech guy from this company said was "use the loosest stops you are comfortable with" which I thought seemed pretty shady. I see why they say that though, their system seems to experience quite the initial drawdown from pair to pair, but things keep on working out.

It has been about a month now, and all together, I am up over 1400 pips! :D

Pipper,
Don't know if I have missed/misunderstood something but have you chosen a particular strategy from the top 1000 lists they offer or is there some sort of default used to generate signals ?

I see that no-one has answered your original question to say if they had heard anything about progressivefx so I will continue to watch your reports with interest.

Good Trades.

It seems to me pipper that you may be the same as trader4pips as on elite trader forum thread 87726 here -

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/printthread.php?threadid=87726

No harm in that but if so should be open (my apologies if not), and the link may be of interest to anyone looking at this thread

On the progressivefx top 1000 strategies lists for the current year to date how do you know which strategy is which when they change ranking? The strategy which is #1 now may be #4 next month but cannot be identified as the previous #1 as far as I can see.

P.S. by edit
O.K. I have asked that same question of progressivefx tech support directly and will try to remember to post their reply when received.

Yes, I indeed post on a number of forums with regards to this system. Now that I have purchased it, I am trying to get others to try it out with me. That way we can discuss their strategies, and better ourselves together. :D I truly believe this program is going to change the way people trade, their community needs to become bigger, as it seems they are a new product, offering a radically new service.

They provided me with 10 default strategies (2 for each pair, one for position trades and one for swing trades) and this is where I have found some great success. Since I have been browsing their top-1000 lists, I have found so many that look promising. Being able to implement it on my software so easily eats away hours of my time as I go through them 1 by 1. I just hope more people try this out, so we can all work together. ;)

I asked prgressivefx,

On the progressivefx top 1000 strategies lists for the current year to date how do you know which strategy is which when they change ranking? The strategy which is #1 now may be #4 next month but cannot be identified as the previous #1 as far as I can see.

This was the response

Yes, I understand what you mean. We are actually looking for input on how we
breakdown the top-1000. There are virtually endless ways to do it, but I think
what we'll end up with is several "sets", arranged by different parameters for
different trading styles. For the time being, you may want to start with the
'06 lists and push a few through a simulation to current date.

Best regards,
Brandon
not quite an answer to the question but because the 2006 results are complete and unchanging strategies in the 2006 list do not change position in the list so are identified by their number (rank).

salty said:
I asked prgressivefx,

This was the response

Best regards,
Brandon
not quite an answer to the question but because the 2006 results are complete and unchanging strategies in the 2006 list do not change position in the list so are identified by their number (rank).

That is a good question, I never really thought about it. I have been using more strategies from 2006 than the 2007-current, so maybe that is why.

What you could do, is record the 2 settings that are shown when you implement a strategy. They are called the NN control, and each strategy(for each pair) seems to have an individual combination, from what I can tell. IE the 2 NN control parameters for the default swing GBPJPY strategy are 35, and 10. Say that was a 2007 - current, I could keep track by those numbers, but I would have to implement it before I could check, which would be time consuming.