They're more like guidelines......

Actually I take trading seriously.

N.B: I am not an advisor...yet more irony...:LOL:

Its not your "one way - my way" attitude to trading that makes you not an advisor NT. If you are a real trader who does take trading seriously I suspect you put your "opinions" up just to stir. Certainly the "only one way" view is one I have NEVER heard from long term successful traders. Never.

So I'm going to assume you are successful and have been for more than a couple of years - in which case I vote that you come to T2W to stir.

Damn - why do I come to ET? (Freud where are you when we need you?)

Edit: I stand corrected; the blades has identified your motive NT: "an unpaid internet bulletin board spell checker."

Last edited:
Its not your "one way - my way" attitude to trading that makes you not an advisor NT. If you are a real trader who does take trading seriously I suspect you put your "opinions" up just to stir. Certainly the "only one way" view is one I have NEVER heard from long term successful traders. Never.

Simple logical deduction makes clear that there are unlimited ways of profiting from the markets. Let n be the different number of methods/approaches/edges (whatever you choose to name it) that a trader uses.

(a) is there anyone out there who makes money? yes. so n is by definition > 0.
(b) n = 1? that would mean all the people that have 'the edge' are doing exactly the same thing, and for that reason whatever it is they are doing would soon be common knowledge and their simply would be no edge is everybody is doing the same
(c) so n > 1, can n be 2? same reasoning as in (b) => n > 2,... and so we go on...

hence n is practically unlimited, or at least big enough to give everyone the possibility to acquire an edge

Same here Shadow. A while back I was talking to my wife about my trading work and after about one minute she had a glazed look on her face. :sleep:

Friends don't appreciate it either, comparing my work to paint drying. :cry:

Yes, I know what you mean. I think most people view traders in the same way they view trainspotters or twitchers etc.

They find conversation about trading boring and would prefer to talk about things like the credit crunch or the global economy or pensions or house prices or interest rates or the price or crude oil or the rising price of food or the falling pound.

dd

LOL Dick,

Yes. When I say speculator or trader or something they perk up for a moment - but really what they want to know is what will oil do next week. I have learn't to have some pseudo-wisdom on oil, the aussie dollar and the aussie sharemarket ready whenever I go to a party. Let the talking heads weep :)

LOL Dick,

Yes. When I say speculator or trader or something they perk up for a moment - but really what they want to know is what will oil do next week. I have learn't to have some pseudo-wisdom on oil, the aussie dollar and the aussie sharemarket ready whenever I go to a party. Let the talking heads weep :)

lol, I hear ya, Got to love those CockTail Economic folks

Why did you come to T2W in the first place?

To learn?
To help?
To find all the answers...........

All the above, Sort of...

To learn? Or course... The markets are filled with changes, always learning, and always looking to diversify.

To help? Yep! I love talking stock and strategies. And yes my family/friends are probably happy i found T2Win. It's funny, online forums, most people are scared to talk specifics. I never understood that, Ok, unless you are a vendor you have the right to make money. But, do you truly believe you were the first to think of how to trade something? And that millions of HedgeFunds arent using your EXACT strategies? Or do you honestly believe that these forums will suddenly be the reason your moneymaker wont continue to be Money Making?

To find all the Answers?.....
lmao, nope I've got all the answers.

So I'm going to assume you are successful and have been for more than a couple of years - in which case I vote that you come to T2W to stir.

Damn - why do I come to ET? (Freud where are you when we need you?)
Edit: I stand corrected; the blades has identified your motive NT: "an unpaid internet bulletin board spell checker."

And I suppose that makes you right. So now you've gone from moderator to sh1t stirrer yourself. What a short memory you have :rolleyes:

Simple logical deduction makes clear that there are unlimited ways of profiting from the markets. Let n be the different number of methods/approaches/edges (whatever you choose to name it) that a trader uses.

(b) n = 1? that would mean all the people that have 'the edge' are doing exactly the same thing, and for that reason whatever it is they are doing would soon be common knowledge and their simply would be no edge is everybody is doing the same
(c) so n > 1, can n be 2? same reasoning as in (b) => n > 2,... and so we go on...

hence n is practically unlimited, or at least big enough to give everyone the possibility to acquire an edge

Poor straw man didn't stand a chance...:LOL:

I'll leave you for temptrader, I can't be bothered anymore

Poor straw man didn't stand a chance...:LOL:

I'll leave you for temptrader, I can't be bothered anymore

Oh no, please, I prefer discussing trading with real traders.

I take it by your above comment you are in disagreement with what I've said?
Then it seems NT you're contradicting yourself. Earlier on you said an edge is a comparative advantage over someone else. You said there were relative edges.

So by definition there are multiple edges. Qed.

oh my God.....newbie attempt at crude inductive proof, and totally flawed as well. Because that's what you are doing in the above. How does one set a one to one correspondence with edges and the natural numbers (else we are dealing with the uncountable but then you can't use induction then)? What kind of definition and or even choice function does one set up, and what about the set of discourse? b) is flawed because you assume all participants "communicate" their edges somehow (either deliberately, or inadvertently), and it's on the additional assumption that others can "use" the edge if they know it.

I'm sure there are "multiple edges", but what use is that to anyone if they can't use them? You talk as if you can get one like one goes out to get a paper. And your stance and demeanor was always of "anyone can do anything" reinforces your beliefs. I find the last insulting, because a lot of people try, and will keep on trying, and most just fail. And this is not just trading but also other endeavors that you can think of.

I hate to tell you, but NT can trade. You probably can't, which is why you're here posting and putting up more discussion and threads. It's as if we find the truth by committee.:rolleyes: The latter would be nice if it were to work on all other aspects of reality, like science for example. Maybe we can have a committee to discuss changing the laws of physics because we hate to do these nasty calculations.:rolleyes: Maybe we can also form a committee over who should marry who, because as a group we should know what's best for the individual.:rolleyes:

This forum is now one of the weirdest places that I know. I mean, back in the lecture hall, we (as students) always knew who were the better students and who were the bad ones, and we all accepted it with some sort of resignation what our level of success in exams were going to be. But here, it's like: come in, make yourselves at home, we'll do everything for you to be successful, because we are nice, and that's what we all want.:rolleyes: If it's too good to be true, it usually is......

Like I said, there's no point in discussing something trading related with someone who doesn't trade. You have already proved my point very recently. It's not even that long ago. I'd rather not have to see you go through the same amount of public embarrassment once more, but as you keep asking for it... (you dropped a fish line for me in the other thread too).

I hate to tell you, but NT can trade. You probably can't, which is why you're here posting and putting up more discussion and threads.

Well... don't say I didn't warn you. This is from last time you tried to challenge me, you didn't even have the guts to back your trade up with something real:

that was a play trade. I too am not a performing seal. I'm also not that skillful to make nearly EVERY trade profitable (my longest was 23 winners in a row, followed by a disastrous day when I got big headed).

And you of all people are saying I can't trade?! Ask yourself if you really want to go there again, and shatter your last piece of credibility. Go on, I dare you. Want to try showing us some live trades?

This forum is now one of the weirdest places that I know. I mean, back in the lecture hall, we (as students) always knew who were the better students and who were the bad ones, and we all accepted it with some sort of resignation what our level of success in exams were going to be.

Yes, I can already see what type of student you were. You might know a great deal about math, statistics,... but you sure seem to lack any idea of what trading is about. I thought you'd have learned more after spending 4 years on this site.

If you are so good at accepting "what our level of success [...] is going to be", than I suggest you take a deep hard breath and swallow this.

Celebrity? Interesting you should mention that word, because that would be last thing anyone wants to have if they became seriously successful. It would draw too much attention, envy, and could possibly endanger one's personal safety.

I think you want the celebrity FW. I'm here to be amused. That's all.

And another thing: celebrity is also pursued by those who cannot trade, but need publicity to sell their courses and seminars.:whistling

firewalker99 said:
If you are so good at accepting "what our level of success [...] is going to be", than I suggest you take a deep hard breath and swallow this.

amazing!!! just because you say so, then it must be so! I've never seen anyone imposing his will on another and this must be a first.

And we could continue again, with pointless circular arguments. But unlike conspiracy theorists and the like, where unfalsifiable issues arise at discussion at hand (which keep these conspiracy theories alive by they way, existing by doubt as it were), we do not have this. The measure is your own account and how much money you make.......... But unlike a lot of professions, those that get to the top of this, are usually hounded out of bulletin boards, because unlike getting to be the best nurse, or policeman, or teacher, or fireman, or..... the monetary rewards are much greater, hence higher levels of envy from others......

Celebrity? Interesting you should mention that word, because that would be last thing anyone wants to have if they became seriously successful. It would draw too much attention, envy, and could possibly endanger one's personal safety.
Excuse me? And where exactly did I mention that word?!

I think you want the celebrity FW. I'm here to be amused. That's all.

Ironic as you're causing our amusement! :LOL:

And another thing: celebrity is also pursued by those who cannot trade, but need publicity to sell their courses and seminars.:whistling

I'm not selling anything, on the contrary, I've publicly displayed my method, approach, entries, exits, trade management. The whole shebang! For free!

I'm not selling anything, on the contrary, I've publicly displayed my method, approach, entries, exits, trade management. The whole shebang! For free!

And how many people are making EXACTLY the same amount of money as you, by taking EXACTLY the same trades as you at EXACTLY the same time as you? :whistling

So by definition there are multiple edges. Qed.

One of us is losing the plot FW,

Just for the record. I don’t recall ever saying that there is only one edge, can you provide a link to where I said that please?

What I say/ said is:

1) An edge is NOT a system
2) A major edge is permanent and a minor edge is temporary
3) An edge is non-transferable, meaning it is up to each individual to have their own realisations and exploit them profitably and consistently.
4) I like pizza, especially with anchovies

3) An edge is non-transferable, meaning it is up to each individual to have their own realisations and exploit them profitably and consistently.

Actually agree.

Except for maybe part 4, not a fan of anchovies.

One of us is losing the plot FW,

Just for the record. I don’t recall ever saying that there is only one edge, can you provide a link to where I said that please?

You didn't exactly deny it neither... check out post #10-14
Perhaps you could clarify the matter.

What I say/ said is:

All acceptable, except for the pizza, but you have not really told us what an edge is yet, nor how one recognized if it's a permanent one. You've only said what it is not.

You didn't exactly deny it neither... check out post #10-14
Perhaps you could clarify the matter.

I see, someone passed you the baton of assumption and you ran with it, taking others along with you. Are you sure you are a successful trader? All those false breakouts...:LOL:

All acceptable, except for the pizza, but you have not really told us what an edge is yet, nor how one recognized if it's a permanent one. You've only said what it is not.

An edge: A margin of superiority; an advantage: a slight edge over the opposition.

I see, someone passed you the baton of assumption and you ran with it, taking others along with you. Are you sure you are a successful trader? All those false breakouts...:LOL:

I don't trade breakouts. At least not in the classical sense.

An edge: A margin of superiority; an advantage: a slight edge over the opposition.

That's still no answer on my question though... Should I assume you don't know the answer then? :)

That's still no answer on my question though... Should I assume you don't know the answer then? :)

FW,

What exactly do you want to hear from me? Will you keep asking me until I actually agree to teach you my methodology? I explained once before that traders are born, not made, and you vehemently opposed this view. Now you want me to explain how to find and recognize a permanent edge??? That isn't going to happen. Maybe it's best if you assume that I don't know the answer. I'm sure you will find that answer far more palatable than any other I am prepared to give.

Good trading to you