Votes: 13 39.4%
  • Ban

Votes: 20 60.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
chump said:
Peter,
...with all respect let's put this into context. ... etc ,snip>.

I think I've near said my piece on this + voted for a reinstatement.

And none of it was to suggest that mods have anything other than a tricky line to tread either - honest Guv. I simply have a very jaundiced view of authority, in all its many guises and disguises, that's all. It's an attitude of mind.

As for banning things (or people) - well it's the anthem of government (and by extension all 'authority') these days isn't it? - ban this ban that ban the other. It's THE decisive solution - and never mind that its results are often far worse than the 'evil' it is supposed to cure. My ever so simple view (and somewhat bitter experience) of life is that authority exists to be abused by those holding it and that, one way or another, it almost always is. People have to earn trust in my book, and stuff any suggestion that they are owed it as a matter of right. To trust in the wisdom or fair-mindedness of those 'in authority' is to set yourself up as a patsy - or worse.

They are dangerous views to hold of course, because those in authority generally feel threatened by them and are thus tempted to use their authority to deal with the threat - you risk getting yourself banned in other words - but that's life I guess, better than being awarded a Private Eye OBN anyway.

That's my rant on this subject over with - back to the grindstone.

roguetrader said:
View it like your local pub, "the management has the right to blah blah blah......."
Good analogy that.

A better way of conveying what I tried to say at the end of my first post here. Some pubs are chock full of boring old farts others, under-aged air-heads, others ..... ? which is T2W to be? The mods will be responsible ;)

Farting about

peterpr said:
Good analogy that.

A better way of conveying what I tried to say at the end of my first post here. Some pubs are chock full of boring old farts others, under-aged air-heads, others ..... ? which is T2W to be? The mods will be responsible ;)

Whatever - but it will be your choice to stay or go if you choose to break or adhere to the boards code of conduct. No point whingeing :LOL:

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.