The wonders of SB

l.ps

1) I've yet had to split an opening due to slippage. Is this because I've yet to trade in more than 600 shares of the underlying or is slippage reduction a built in function?

2) Does lloyds really consult up to 12 RSP's to find the best price? :rolleyes:

l.ps said:
1) I've yet had to split an opening due to slippage. Is this because I've yet to trade in more than 600 shares of the underlying or is slippage reduction a built in function?

2) Does lloyds really consult up to 12 RSP's to find the best price? :rolleyes:

What is an RSP????

Robertral said:
What is an RSP????

I would guess that RSP = Retail Service Provider, a firm that makes markets electronically for SEAQ type stocks.

Stew

theknifemac said:
I would guess that RSP = Retail Service Provider, a firm that makes markets electronically for SEAQ type stocks.

Stew
An RSP is an electronic interfact to the market makers. These banks will make prices on SEAQ and SETS stocks which will often show an improvement on the touch price either in size, price or both. Even on the likes of Vodafone they can get you inside the spread.

They're usually only available to instituions, and work much like an inter dealer broker, asking a range of market makers for their best price on a particular stock (you won't get a two way price though - it reflect their book). On the most liquid SETS stocks, they might well contact a dozen market makers for you.