The Taylor Trading Technique

I read some of the taylor technique but found it very difficult to understand and gave up. If I remember right the trick is to identify the buy day and never change it ..so if elovemer is right that today is a buy day then friday is a sell day monday is the sell short day and tuesday is the next buy day and so on.... at least I think that's how it goes. Good stuff elovemer

Taylor has made a swift exit from trading and has a differnt career in the music industry under the name
Taylor Swift

Attachments

• Taylor-Swift-Speak-Now-Photoshoot-taylor-swift-15628631-853-1280.jpg
    Taylor-Swift-Speak-Now-Photoshoot-taylor-swift-15628631-853-1280.jpg
    315 KB · Views: 1,875
thursday is buy day ... but
the but is that buy day begins with the new globex session
......so if you did not go long below the prev low during the globex pullback, you will be Shizz out of luck once trading hours opens
...........in fact, trading hours will be the time to close out the position at the previous highs

( any posts which contribute nothing to the thread go onto my ignore list so don't expect any reply from me)

What a load of absolute rubbish. Buy and sell days !

Markets move because of outside influence not because it a buy or sell day

US payroll figures are out and there are disasterous. The dollar is going to drop!!
oh no! it can't it is just not feasable, its a buy day.

If any of the clowns who think so highly of this method, please come and prove me wrong, by posting on the live thread.

the main rule to follow is
keep the count the same.

if the action profile you are expecting is delayed by a day, then so be it.... act on it when it comes

it could come early or late

an example of it coming early is when the action you are expecting during trading hours happens during the previous globex session

an example of it coming late would be getting a low range chop session ... followed by another session that fits the action profile you are expecting

the main thing is you are expecting at least one movement every three days for a long or short opportunity
we have been getting this very regularly in this bull market
another thing to think about if you want to form a system around Taylor rules is range
.... you must become familiar with the range to be expected from a typical up move or pullback
there is range from trading session low to high
and there is range above previous high or below previous low
and there is range over two day low to high
and there is range from open to 12 noon
you can track these as compared to an absolute number which represents the average
or you can project them based on the previous day's action
the most dependable cycle in the market is the range cycle.

if low range comes one session, you gear up for the next session
if low range comes two sessions, you gear up even more

if high range comes, you gear down for a chop session

if you want you can make an indicator for yourself which shows trendiness
... it would show oversold when going below previous lows, and overbought when going above previous highs

if a significant level is hit fast and hard before noon, you act on it

if the market brings you all the way to previous highs, you act by getting out and thinking about shorting the next session above the high

reading taylor can be frustrating, but to get a feel for it just go back and see what happens when price goes above highs or below lows
.... compare these two things during up swings and down swings

10 or 20 points up or down is just a tiny blip on the bigger swing picture

but while price might not go up but 5 points over a week, you could get swings totalling 50-60 points or more over that same 5 point range

that is what taylor was trying to capture

if you don't want to work on a ten point range basis, work on a 100 point basis by waiting for a 100 point pullback on the daily chart and then getting in

just remember that on the basis of 10-20 range points, price action is just noise .... just stop running

there may not be any real attempt to go higher except from week to week... so just forget about thinking in value terms

also, it may help you to split the session in to two separate sessions.... divided by 12 noon

most days are some sort of down move , then an up move ... in a bull market
or an up move , then a down move .... in a bear market

a trend day is composed a move followed by a pullback , then an equal move in the same direction

don't worry about trying to catch a trend day, just follow taylor's rules

thursday is buy day ... but
the but is that buy day begins with the new globex session
......so i

globex is the start of a new session

after the close .... below the previous low

first one in over a week

monday is next buy day
weekly range projection already hit this week
looking for same thing next week

mostly has been 8 point pullbacks during globex

it should be pointed out that Taylor described two separate trading methods

1. daily objectives
2. 3 day method
3. building a line using 3 day method

the daily objectives method means closing out any position as soon as the objective is hit. the objective is the previous low or previous high.
The way Taylor describes this technique, it can amount to intraday trading if the lows and highs are hit during the same day.

The 3 day method means holding through the 2nd day even if it means taking a loss on paper until the 3rd day.

I advocate the daily objective method because, at least on ES, the amount of reversion is so great that it pays to close out when the low or the high is hit before the close.
In fact, ES very very rarely breaks out to begin a new swing frame move, on an intraday basis. Meaning a new swing usually starts with a gap, meaning a globex break out, not a trading hours break out.
I find it more advantageous to split the trading hours session into two parts: one is before noon and one is after noon. And to consider the globex session to be the beginning of a new trading session. In this way, you really have 3 sessions for each 24 hour period. This does not change the count but it does qualify the lows and highs to watch.
For example, if a low is put in at the close of trading hours, this low can be tested by going slightly below it during the globex session. And vice versa for a trading hours high put in at the close, which is then tested by a higher high during globex. In both these cases a significant move can result. However since trading hours begins a new trading session, the same logic that rules taking a position during globex must be used all over again once trading hours starts.
In fact, when a large move results from this type of globex action, the range during trading hours is often very small. So if you make your bones during globex, there is no need to stay in the trade once trading hours opens if the low or high objective has already been hit.
Whatever happens during globex, stays in globex.
On the other hand, if the move during globex is very small and nothing really happens, then chances are the move is going to happen during trading hours. I just view the globex session as EXTRA.
It does not change the count for trading hours sessions.

One example. It is sell day. You would like to put out a short the next day above the high. Sometimes, the short can be put out during globex. Then a significant move down can result. This will cause the lack of any chance to put out a short sale during trading hours. By taking advantage of the opportunity to take the short during globex, the trader has stayed with the flow of the market. If the trader didn't take the globex short, then the short would have been missed completely and the next play might mean waiting a whole session or even two for the next long entry.

monday is next buy day
weekly range projection already hit this week
looking for same thing next week

mostly has been 8 point pullbacks during globex

i'm getting confused again...as thursday was the last buy day on a three day cycle would tuesday not be the next?

i'm getting confused again...as thursday was the last buy day on a three day cycle would tuesday not be the next?

Was the reference to the Thurs Buy Day for the 17th. (last BD before the BD on Wed 23rd)
Did it not run-
17 Jan Thurs Buy Day
18 Jan Fri Sell Day
21 Jan Mon USA Holiday
22 Jan Tues Short Sell Day
23 Jan Wed Buy Day
24 Jan Thurs Sell Day
25 Jan Fri Short Sell Day
28 Jan Mon Buy Day

Last edited:
Was the reference to the Thurs Buy Day for the 17th. (last BD before the BD on Wed 23rd)
Did it not run-
17 Jan Thurs Buy Day
18 Jan Fri Sell Day
21 Jan Mon USA Holiday
22 Jan Tues Short Sell Day
23 Jan Wed Buy Day
24 Jan Thurs Sell Day
25 Jan Fri Short Sell Day
28 Jan Mon Buy Day

thanks ctipast, i don't know how i managed to count it wrong unless i was thinking globex session ie tuesday evening 22nd as buy day....never mind back on track thanks again.

notice how many days in a row the low was made first and early

thursday, however, made a high made first
and notice how the pullback was greater on thursday after this high made first

i interpret the move made first, as being the first move of a certain minimum size which occurs before 12 noon
thursday was a high made first, and if it had made a higher high before the trading hours close, it would have become a low made first in hindsight........ however i would still call it a high made first because the first move is what matters as far as determining what action the trader must take

Last edited:
monday.... BD
one day range projection hit ... 8 points from globex high

just can't seem to get a buy below previous day