The stupidity of punters

Youd do well to well to watch imo, especially if you think these markets are free atm, can say no more than that. :D

Right. Dancing here i come! Lock up ya daughters Bromley! :p

rite i made it 2 mins in then got annoyed with the other man trying to talk too fast. breathe goddamit!

anyway tbh i cant see whats exciting in that video. prices are jigged around options expiries NO SH!T?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? if you decide you want something to g down, and you sell a couple yards of it, it will go down. NO SH!T????!!!!

of course markets are manipulated. if markets couldn't be manipulated, we might as well go back to bartering.

of course markets are manipulated. if markets couldn't be manipulated, we might as well go back to bartering.

So going back to your "stupid" friend you decided to tell us about. Given what you've just declared yourself, should he close his trade just because the price has fallen despite the fundamentals being strong?

So going back to your "stupid" friend you decided to tell us about. Given what you've just declared yourself, should he close his trade just because the price has fallen despite the fundamentals being strong?

yes.

and who said anything about the fundamentals being strong?

Why is manipulation a dirty word when it's banks or hedge funds doing it, but if a government does it, then it's all just fine?

Why is manipulation a dirty word when it's banks or hedge funds doing it, but if a government does it, then it's all just fine?

if you couldn't manipulate markets, then world trade would dry up I reckon. you ca't pretend its all sylavian families and yu can interpole everyone that wants to buy with everyone that wants to sell. you need a bit of squidge in the middle, and if the squidgers can't squidge things in their favour nobody would make any deals.

assymetric payouts do suck ass, imo, 'cos if you are earning 2 and 20, you might as well stick it all on red and hope for the best. but if you have alot of money, i think you should be allowed to do what you want with it, even if the payout is skewed against you. but that is all off topic.

Actually that got me thinking about something else. There's a quote attributed I think to Warren Buffett, it goes something like: "I knew technical analysis didn't work when I turned the chart upside down and got the same answer."

What's interesting about this, is that people tend not to even think about what is said. People infer that this means TA is bogus,a nd that's likely what is intended. But actually if you have a chart with a strong trend up (or down) and you turned the chart upside down, you'd of course still have a strong trend up and the answer would be the same. The statement is obvious, and says nothing at all about whether TA is nonsense or not.

Is it just in our nature to accept things without really questioning them most of the time, even if on inspection those things are obviously complete hogwash?
Good point! I think were educated this way, were taught accept and comply rather than to think critically.

rite i made it 2 mins in then got annoyed with the other man trying to talk too fast. breathe goddamit!

anyway tbh i cant see whats exciting in that video. prices are jigged around options expiries NO SH!T?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? if you decide you want something to g down, and you sell a couple yards of it, it will go down. NO SH!T????!!!!

Well the vid was aimed at your previous comments really, reguarding ego/people knowing more than you etc. Youd made no mention of manipulation at that point (i think).

I cant say i agree with you views on the need for manipulation in order to have a market tbh. Imo, all you need are opinions and folks who are prepared to back them. I reckon it could well do without the easy money bullying by governments / big banks etal

Anyways, who cares eh. Opinions are like rsholes! Everyones got one! (y)

Last edited: