The "Rio Trade"

Directional

Experienced member
Is the old "Rio Trade" just an urban legend, or has anyone ever put one of these on in real life? :cheesy:

heh, sorry - as it was explained to me.. its the trade you put on and then get a taxi to the airport before checking your position... if it works out you take a holiday in Rio and if not you'll be living in Rio if they want to come looking for you

true story......

no but i did a sao-paulo trade when i started trading on the screen.

i left a stop in the market by accident the day before i was off to see my girl (she is brazilian). what a dork! the order was filled a few hours after i turned the pc off i found out later.

4 days later i checked my email statement and had kittens when it said i had a position on. i was in a place called recife (n brazil - took the girl on holiday there) at the time and phone lines arent too hot, blah blah had to find the trade desk number from the web and get out of it. believe it or not, current prices were only a few ticks away from where the price was filled. i was filled on the exit with 1 tick gross profit - it was only a 1 lot. what luck - considering it was es!

i always had the dream of trading in paradise - but it would be by the pool with a martini and a good satellite phone - not an internet cafe, then running out to a back street p!ss stinking phone booth! (paradise was a 2min walk down the road)

lol - aaah, the gritty realities of trading. I cant imagine Trader Monthly featuring "trading from paradise" complete with urine stained phone booth and seedy internet cafe's :LOL:

Is it true that the girls in Brazil are all fitties?

most of them yes, but it depends where you go.

a lot of the girls have great figures because of the poverty - they tend to have better diets eating loads of fresh fruit & veg, little alcohol etc as junk food (pizza hut, burgers etc) tends to be more expensive and often seen as a luxury item for them - would you believe it! they are also a lot more pleasant and feminine than many english girls.

its a different planet out there.

still, if hot wimmin is your cup of tea e.europe is still a good bet and closer to home.

yeah - i was in Poland last summer. Crowds of amazing girls all over the place, all tall, pretty and thin - and seemingly very amenable to the cheesiest of corny english chat up lines! :cheesy:

I'm off to Riga in latvia later this year, hopefully more of the same!

if you like polish chicks - you should go to hammersmith/ravenscourt park. probably more poles there than poland!

they are also a lot more pleasant and feminine than many english girls.

That includes the ones who have had the op. Like Thailand, it is a place which may end up with you questioning your sexuality. Most disturbing when you have been watching the most gorgeous looking girl you have ever seen dancing in bikini for last hour only to find out she used to be a geezer. Be careful out there...or don't depending on your sexual inhibition.

lol - oddly enough, that has only happened to me in london - italian 'girl' called lucretia. i should have guessed really, but i had a few. but there was also that 'girl' in miami called mercedes, but s/he was too obvious and my situation analysis got the better of me (for once)!

as you have probably guessed - their names tend to give them away. if i had the op, i would call myself lucy or something less circumspect.

ahhh - the dangers of the game - just like speculation - there will be a few loses on the way to profit :D

thank God this is all anonymous!

LOL!! oh no!! at what point did you discover 'Lucretia's secret?

was it a la Crocodile Dundee, or was it more a case of The Crying Game