The Pro's "je ne sais quoi"

Absolute return isn't the only reason to invest in a hedge fund. Some have benchmarks (so not really absolute return), or are uncorrelated to market returns (thereby reducing risk of investor by diversification).

The title of this thread is wrong.

It should be Thieves versus real traders.

How can any one with sound ethics compare a bunch of pension muggers with real traders?

Absolute return isn't the only reason to invest in a hedge fund. Some have benchmarks (so not really absolute return), or are uncorrelated to market returns (thereby reducing risk of investor by diversification).

So mow u turned into a salesman for G S ?

The title of this thread is wrong.

It should be Thieves versus real traders.

How can any one with sound ethics compare a bunch of pension muggers with real traders?
You're being silly and childish, ODT... There's really too many obvious issues with an argument of this sort to list here.

the more i read the more i hope he's on the wind up. if he is he's great at it.

gecko you appear to have the sales thing sewn up. sales never lose money....free call on your traders.

He has never once contributed anything of value, unless you enjoy cyber-bullying a whipping boy.

Funny how he doesn't seem to know anyone connected with the industry ... always a friend told him that a friend said etc. ... yet he purports to be a leading authority.

t2w is worthless as long as people like him are allowed to post. Elite Trader is much better.

t2w is worthless as long as people like him are allowed to post. Elite Trader is much better.
You loco, meanie? I hope this is a joke. ET is half overrun by seriously brain-damaged conspiracy coconuts, who spew such nonsense that even our good friend ODT would look at them askance.

I wandered over there as a consequence of a lack of interesting or lulzy subject matter on here. That and constant horse**** and trolling.

After a couple of hours surfing whilst waiting around for an appropriate trade to materialise, I realised that ET was about as interesting as doing the hoovering without the benefit of a clean floor and immediately came back here, lesson learnt.

ET is just dull. The ES related stuff which was voluminous was largely inane. I don't know whether Forex, Options, Equities was equally as drab but I just got a sense that it was a bit too serious and a bit too pedestrian. Suits some people, just not me.

They are a funny bunch over there I admit. I haven't spent that much time on it, but I did once start a thread asking about issues people had encountered whilst backtesting on futures. I had a couple of fairly aggressive replies, along the lines of "don't be so fricking lazy, work it out yourself" and "it will take you a lifetime to work it out". Kind of put me off. That, and the fact that there are no rankings like "legendary" for frequent posting, i.e. what's the point !!

Why do pro's make it & some guy at 'ome doesn't?

I would imagine the fact that shops like GS don't generally pull monkeys in off the street helps, plus the fact they take on a fair amount of interns most of whom fall by the wayside, oh and they actually train them.

Plus the fact is a trader at GS is fairly unlikely to be taking outright positions on the e-mini based on flaky TA.

He has never once contributed anything of value, unless you enjoy cyber-bullying a whipping boy.

Funny how he doesn't seem to know anyone connected with the industry ... always a friend told him that a friend said etc. ... yet he purports to be a leading authority.

Elite trader is a ghost town , post and get very few responses.The quality responses are rare and not worth waiting years for.

You are so addicted to this forum,your ignore rules are based on sentiment.You ain't got discipline to follow your own simple ignore rules.

Only gays can't ignore O D T.

ODT - I have worked in the 'industry' for 17 years now. I would never hold myself up as necessarily better or worse than others, but for assorted reasons I seem to have kept myself in gainful employment for pretty much all of that time.

Am I George Soros in terms of ability? Good god no. You're f**king kidding me right.

Am I at the same level as the average retail punter? Also a no. Be something wrong after all this time if I was.

Could everyone else here do my job? Definitely not.

Could NO-ONE else here do my job (with training)? Also a no. I'm not a rocket scientist.

So what do I have that others here maybe do not? I haven't the foggiest idea. I'll tell you one thing I don't have though - and that's a massive chip on my shoulder. Whereas yours is so big it could potentially put McCains out of business if it were to fall into the wrong hands.

Pension muggers? I seriously doubt you have a pension worth mugging, you, erm.....oh yeah - Mug!!! ;-)

You've never met me, or any of the other people you refer to as 'pros' that frequent this site (including but not limited to the ones contributing to this thread). In truth you haven't the first clue what it is we really do all day, and yet you're prepared to spout this kind of vitriol on prety much a scatter gun basis.

You know what my theory is? I think you'd quite like to get paid to do this kind of thing, you may even have sent a few job applications off and perhaps even had an interview or two, but the simple fact is, you're not sitting in this seat. Only you know why that is. Maybe you got a huge offer from Goldies but your lack of respect for the industry meant you felt compelled to turn it down. Who knows? Who cares?

So frankly you can think what you like about me for all I care. I try and help where I can, hopefully butt out where I can't (notice I don't tend to tell others how to trade) and last time I checked I had added a considerable amount of value to the pension funds I had been responsible for (when I was working on that side of the fence - I've done all sorts me). So why don't you just run along now before I accuse you of fractal wrongness. I'll do it you know......

Best regards

Unky GJ