The oil thread

An increase is unlikely. If anything they will probably talk about members getting in line with their current quotas.

Hi all.

Can anyone please comment on trading platforms for crude? I'm considering shortsandlongs - but would appreciate anyone's input or experience!

Thanks.

FXCM also released a crude oil CFD contract last week.

Jason,

Are the cfd's direct access or does fxcm offset the trade with other customers
and then hedge the remainder of the book.

Ged

hi Ged,

With the initial release they are offset with other traders and the remainder of the book is hedged. The goal is to eventually get all of the CFD's setup as direct access which is how all of our forex transactions work. That's the reason why the position sizes for the CFD contracts are traded in futures contract sizes. Not sure about time frame though.

Jason

hi Ged,

With the initial release they are offset with other traders and the remainder of the book is hedged. The goal is to eventually get all of the CFD's setup as direct access which is how all of our forex transactions work. That's the reason why the position sizes for the CFD contracts are traded in futures contract sizes. Not sure about time frame though.

Jason

Thanks for the swift reply

hi
anyone here trades spread or fly?
Im looking for different products with decent fly markets. already got the oil covered, so possibly other commodities or indices.
Any comments from experienced traders are highly appreciated.

cheers

Just thought I'd post up a thread in a similar vein to the FTSE or DOW threads. Anyone out there daytrading oil ?

Be good to have a thread where we can share our thoughts and ideas about price movement etc... Anyone interested?

Makes sense. I look for divergences in CAD & Crude to find tradeable signal.

I have been waiting for the breakout above the technical resistance at $50 - now bullish for the short term as price breaks out from the consolidation of the last few months. The COT index here suggests a bullish reversal and this is what I have used for my decision this time, and also the daily oil prices blog here which is excellent for the daily WTI contract news both technical and fundamental - cheers

Sounds like we work w/ similar tools.

drop in energies

Hello!
Can any one tell the reason of this substantial drop in oil and gas in last hours of Friday?
Yiehom

What next in energies?

no idea but im very thankful for that as i was short across the curve! :D

I had a stop order in crude that got triggered at 70.46, but unfortunately was long nat gas, where I had a loss since my stop was very large.
Any idea where from here ?

I had a stop order in crude that got triggered at 70.46, but unfortunately was long nat gas, where I had a loss since my stop was very large.
Any idea where from here ?

beats me. spreads are pretty low at the moment but we are near expiry in brent crude. gonna wait till things settle down.

Hello!
Can any one tell the reason of this substantial drop in oil and gas in last hours of Friday?
Yiehom

possible lightening up for the weekend after substantial weekly moves combined w/ resistance levels being bumped up against and deflation being signalled via the bond market

H & s ?

possible lightening up for the weekend after substantial weekly moves combined w/ resistance levels being bumped up against and deflation being signalled via the bond market

Makes sens enough, this lightening for the w-e.
Any one see this head and shoulders forming? Might take us to the $60.00 level.

H + S on oil

This is what I have on my charts.
But for now the 68.00 support level looks unpassable: a strong confluence of trend line, MA360 and price pivot zone sent the price back up .
Waiting for tomorrow's numbers to tell the definite direction?
Yiehom

Attachments

• Daily US Light Crude (Oct) (15-SEP-09).png
    Daily US Light Crude (Oct) (15-SEP-09).png
    18.2 KB · Views: 138
This is what I have on my charts.
But for now the 68.00 support level looks unpassable: a strong confluence of trend line, MA360 and price pivot zone sent the price back up .
Waiting for tomorrow's numbers to tell the definite direction?
Yiehom

now im long across the curve, hope it doesnt drop down!

There are currently 154 million barrels in floating storage worldwide. Enough for two years supply approx.