The Market Matrix

Mofo

It stood up perfectly. I took the entire retrace but in the excitement of commentating I forgot to play the upside that the retrace had demanded must happen after! That's just down to my inexperience, but it was still a lovely trade with no drawdown, just what I like.

mofo said:
So how did the MM stand up to yesterday Rob ?

I came across this website and page after doing some search on Google and registered. The discussion here is quite interesting, I wonder how the MM system stands out in comparision to the method I deploy in which I can pick turning points in any stock/instrument on the exact day or even minute. You can read my Posts under the poster 'junnnn' on the ADVFN website on many FTSE100 UK stocks. Picking points of reversals, i.e, market tops/bottoms is damn easy, you don't need expensive systems, except probably an O level pass grade in Maths. Imagine if the market is behaving as the majority expect then the key is knowing what the majority are upto - the whole world being the majority know everything, cannot seem to understand why the secret is never published despite the majority knowing it, unless I am blind?

I found this one. Not exactly to the minute, day or week. Why not post some here so we can see how accurate you are?

VODAFONE REACHES BOTTOM (VOD) Add Favourite

Click here for related discussions

junnnn - 23 Jun'04 - 09:27 View 'junnnn' profile

It looks like the bottom here

junnnn said:
I market tops/bottoms is damn easy, you don't need expensive systems, except probably an O level pass grade in Maths.
Can you just remind me of the O-Level maths that I missed ? - when you do graduate level Maths they tell you to forget what you learnt at school - maybe thats why I dont see it...

That was an old thread. Here are a couple of links:
http://www.advfn.com/cmn/fbb/thread.php3?id=3001061&from=1002
http://www.advfn.com/cmn/fbb/thread.php3?id=5766311&from=1521
In one I called the top for shares of Glaxo, in the other the bottom for ITV

http://www.advfn.com/cmn/fbb/thread.php3?id=5923988&from=436
http://www.advfn.com/cmn/fbb/thread.php3?id=2876962&from=1467
http://www.advfn.com/cmn/fbb/thread.php3?id=2876962&from=1330

if not registered you should give your email address and a username operates very similar to this website- all free of course, the biggest financial BB in the UK

Last edited:
I am registered with ADVFN but it is not as good as T2W. They don't have the facility to post charts, unless you use your own webspace and know a bit of HTML. Being the biggest financial BB, they also have the largest number of pointless posts.

junnnn said:
I wonder how the MM system stands out in comparision to the method I deploy in which I can pick turning points in any stock/instrument on the exact day or even minute. [...] Picking points of reversals, i.e, market tops/bottoms is damn easy, you don't need expensive systems, except probably an O level pass grade in Maths. Imagine if the market is behaving as the majority expect then the key is knowing what the majority are upto - the whole world being the majority know everything, cannot seem to understand why the secret is never published despite the majority knowing it, unless I am blind?
Hi Junnnn, welcome to t2w.

Interesting post. If the secret is so 'damn easy' and you don't understand why nobody ever published it - why don't you? Instead of dropping of few 'tips' here & there?

And perhaps do so on your own new thread where you will get more personal attention and a higher profile than you would in the middle of another thread.

Plus it will leave this thread to the discussion of the Market Matrix.

robster4 said:
Mofo

It stood up perfectly. I took the entire retrace but in the excitement of commentating I forgot to play the upside that the retrace had demanded must happen after! That's just down to my inexperience, but it was still a lovely trade with no drawdown, just what I like.

Rob

If it was accurate on such a volatile day, then that would have to be encouraging i think

G-Man, have you had a chance to take a look yet ?

mofo,

Still going through the basic Delta concept at the moment as explained by Steve.

Waiting to get to his 'enlightenment' section but hope to in a day or so.

G-Man

Cheers G.

I'd be very interested to hear what you make of it when you've waded thro it all

G-Man said:
mofo,

Still going through the basic Delta concept at the moment as explained by Steve.

Waiting to get to his 'enlightenment' section but hope to in a day or so.

G-Man

If he explains how to trade a continuous contract over a rollover and take the carry as a profit please enlighten us all as well. I don't even care if the highs and lows are bang on, I'll be happy with the carry.

Correction by me - How about a correction by them

In post #31 on this thread I stated that from memory the £10 spread bet which is mentioned on MM's website would have required a margin of over £100,000. I have checked with the exchange and on that day, the exchange minimum margin requirements were "only" £58,500. This of course presumes that the spread betting company margined them at the exact exchange minimum. Either way , I apologise for the unintentional exaggeration of the margin requirements.

Now how about a correction by Steve and Co. The main error of including a contract roll as profit is still on their website despite them being informed that the trade couldn't have been made under normal dealing practice. So why do they still advertise it ? Before it may have been a genuine error but now they know about the error you must ask yourself why they still claim the trade could have been made. A difference of £140,000 on a £10 spread bet that lasted one day is not something you would normally miss while checking your trading statement.

As Ned Kelly has also pointed out. You can't actually trade continuous contracts and keep the rollover difference. I think it's time Steve & Co. cleaned up their website, regardless of whether the methods work or not.

The user group

[

BTW, there are more than 100 people, apparently, on the user group, so I make that at least 100 purchasers. Ummmm.

Can you let me know the address of the user group for MM, i purchased it earlier this week.

Thanks, Paul.

What's happened to Robster. re you still there Rob, & if so, how has the past week been with the MM?