The Light that burns twice as bright burns for half as long

Status
Not open for further replies.
It sounds very much like a cult initiation type thing; cutting all ties with friends and family and posting a message rejecting T2W. Clearly dark forces are at work. :devilish:

Have you considered that he might have blown out and decided that trading isn't for him?

If he has gone to the "other" forum then he'll be back when he hasn't amde any money there either..

Isn't it all about narcissism?

After a couple of people announced their departure and got pages of plaudits on how they'd be missed (understandable since they were Mods), it's presumably more attractive to go out with a bang in a blaze of glory and see what eulogies you attract, rather than shuffling off with no fuss and occasionally having a browse back here every now and again. After all, writing "I'll probably not post much anymore, but will be keeping an occasional eye on the boards" doesn't have quite the same impact does it?

What's the betting that the departees sign on as guests to see how many people are missing them?

Reactions: ian
Isn't it all about narcissism?

After a couple of people announced their departure and got pages of plaudits on how they'd be missed (understandable since they were Mods), it's presumably more attractive to go out with a bang in a blaze of glory and see what eulogies you attract, rather than shuffling off with no fuss and occasionally having a browse back here every now and again. After all, writing "I'll probably not post much anymore, but will be keeping an occasional eye on the boards" doesn't have quite the same impact does it?

What's the betting that the departees sign on as guests to see how many people are missing them?

.....this can't possibly be the case....He MUST have been abducted by aliens (or Mr Marcus), surely?

UTB

Gone Surfing

There is the answer .... 'gone surfing'

Hi Ian

I thought I made it pretty clear to :LOL:

Short and sweet, good post Ian, no pulling the wool over your eyes :LOL: :LOL:

Previous Post ~

From NQ in Cornwall ~ Fistral Beach you get a great view of natures market at work watching the surfers catching waves, depends on their skill and experience which waves they can catch and for how long.

Primary Waves and their smaller brothers and sister’s

You see it all ~ Scalpers going for short quick rides right up to the large position players who will sit for hours waiting for the right Wave Set, they climb up and stop out many times, (short paddle back to take off) then they are up and you just no this time they’ll make every move at the correct time , skipping effortlessly from set to set avoiding all the dead waves and dumps and finding the true Wave that will carry them all the way to shore. It’s a hell of a long paddle back to take off and a long wait for another good Wave, they don’t mind they know it’s worth it.

Cribber to the beach only top quality wave riders make this one
(very large wave that starts up when the swell is 5ft +)

You see surfers making careful board selection ~ Long board or Short true honest

You see all the surfer’s all gathered up out there watching the Sun going down , comparing notes etc best board/Wax/ area to sit and wait. Looks like a great forum out there.

Andy @ NQ

Direct PM answer to ~ am I a Surfer:?: Posted to ~

The eye opener is watching the experienced Surfer (trader)
ride the waves, watching him stop out then try again all choosing different spots for take off , no right or wrong just a good take off spot for their skill level

No man I am not, but do live where stated, moved there 7 yr ago. I appreciate all skills done well in any field.

The Surfers attitude to life if he is a true
(not a wk end dude with is brand new VW) is probably the best traders attitude to adopt ~ IMO

They care about surfing, life interacting with others, They are not competitive by nature and they don’t seem to bother about tomorrow much just the here and now. They ride the waves to become one with nature and don’t care to much about money as long as they have enough that’s cool

There lack of attachment to money gives them an edge in what they take part in LIFE.

I removed the money from the trading game 6 months ago when I realised I was just constantly breaking even. Thought about what I new, thought what’s logical, which waves do I want to ride, wrote it down and traded it on a demo account, Great results for my level of ability.

Went Live a few months ago / still got me part time job (everybody part time in NQ) going ok not setting world on fire yet, but do you now what, I don’t care anymore, I am in full control of my method and me, and if it don’t work out and I cant become a full master of this trade, I am having FUN learning and taking part. The downsides covered

So ye I am a surfer, we all are if we choose to be,

I am a Surfer on the snooker table, a Surfer at work and most of all I am a Surfer when I trade.

If you feel the heat, feel uncomfortable in any way, what ever you’re doing, you’re doing it wrong "my Dad said that"

Step back and say what can the surfer do for me and the search goes on "I said that"

Will Post again, just taking a break and concentrating on Surfing :LOL: and having FUN

Andy AKA

Status
Not open for further replies.