The Ledger (ex Candlesticks thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you see now what happens when he is encouraged....next thing you know...there will be an invite in your P M to the P L ....or is that what you want?

CV,

What I want is to be a good trader. I don't care to much about being the T2W "Class Clown" or Messiah delivering people from conmen...

How many times do I have to explain here that none of this is vending and that in fact, it is anti vending as none of us are interested in recruiting at all, because not everybody has the deep pockets and the titanium testicles required ?.

How many times? Well, one more, if you would?;

As "everything is known in advance", and stops should be "super tight", why the need for deep pockets and titanium balls?

Unless of course, you mean crystal balls?:LOL:

UTB

Last edited:
CV,

What I want is to be a good trader. I don't care to much about being the T2W "Class Clown" or Messiah delivering people from conmen...

Class Clown position is not and will not become vacant for as long as his purpleness keeps on posting his nonsense...lilac ink...indeed!

Do T2W members need protection from conmen then? .....ooops...bit of a gaff there I feel :LOL:

Class Clown position is not and will not become vacant for as long as his purpleness keeps on posting his nonsense...lilac ink...indeed!

Do T2W members need protection from conmen then? .....ooops...bit of a gaff there I feel :LOL:

A gaff? Care to explain?

How many times? Well, one more, if you would?;

As "everything is known in advance", and stops should be "super tight", why the need for deep pockets and titanium balls?

Unless of course, you mean crystal balls?:LOL:

UTB

Yes, I will explain again with pleasure.

For spreadbetting, with the games played by the spreadbetter companies aganst the public betting their pennies, crystal balls are needed, because you need to have extra pairs of eyes all the time.

For real trading, and for writing naked and for other operations, titanium balls are needed, as the requirements are very different.

I hope and expect this clarifies...

You cannot complain that I do not tell you everything...:LOL:

I also notice that my posts with combustible content have been deleted, I am delighted to observe, on the basis that they seem to hit the mark.

They are of course available for you to read, should you wish to..:LOL:

Just give me the nod and I will make them appear, but not here...:LOL:

Utter Nonsense,

To write a "secret" set of rules to trade the markets you need a fixed rule based system for them to operate on. The markets are not fixed in any sense, they are the result of human behaviour which displays predictable "herd" mentality superimposed over the randomness of thought which is influenced by the (random) environment around it.

So unless this book contains an accurate model of the human brain or genome, earth weather patterns etc, it is no better than multiple other theories/algorithms. It possibly has a few interesting insights which no doubt wouldn't take long for someone to find a point in time where they fell over drastically.

Unless of course it doesn't exist (more likely option in my mind).

Utter Nonsense,

To write a "secret" set of rules to trade the markets you need a fixed rule based system for them to operate on. The markets are not fixed in any sense, they are the result of human behaviour which displays predictable "herd" mentality superimposed over the randomness of thought which is influenced by the (random) environment around it.

So unless this book contains an accurate model of the human brain or genome, earth weather patterns etc, it is no better than multiple other theories/algorithms. It possibly has a few interesting insights which no doubt wouldn't take long for someone to find a point in time where they fell over drastically.

Unless of course it doesn't exist (more likely option in my mind).

Your comments are naive and foolish, I am sorry to have to tell you.

This is because you are falling into the trap that the great majority fall into about arguing the point as to whether there are rules for trading or fixed rules or other tangible parameters.

There are none of these.

Incidentally while we are at it, there are several persistent dunces that insist on the very ideas you mention who are dedicated to persuading nearly everyone they can that all of it is programmable and linkable to signals and arrows and indicators and even to the exent of making trading automated and other nonsenses.

They get really upset when challenged and it is really very funny.

Some of them are not traders. They do not earn their living trading. They earn their living from writing and selling software, or parasiting on others who do so.

The contents of the book are annotated observations that the author prudently never mentions in other work he made public, thus rendering what is in the public domain incomplete and, what is more, presented exclusively for public consumption and not for incisive, priviledged, inside professional discussion.

That is all I am able and willing to reveal to you.

socrates

I can't do this via pm because you have it turned off.

Will you please note that any references on your part to the PL etc are now regarded as advertising. Thus, I must warn you that you will be banned should you persist.

Similarly, you continue to disrupt threads by attacking other members - either directly or indirectly - and I must warn you that you will be banned should you persist.

jon

This is because you are falling into the trap that the great majority fall into about arguing the point as to whether there are rules for trading or fixed rules or other tangible parameters.

There are none of these.

Incidentally while we are at it, there are several persistent dunces that insist on the very ideas you mention who are dedicated to persuading nearly everyone they can that all of it is programmable and linkable to signals and arrows and indicators and even to the exent of making trading automated and other nonsenses.

one of the few things I totally agree with you on.

But then again you could ask someone like Grey1 what he thinks of the situation, since he's becoming almost certainly an automated program trader these days. And Grey1 is a very nice chap, not a dunce at all.

socrates

Will you please note that any references on your part to the PL etc are now regarded as advertising. Thus, I must warn you that you will be banned should you persist.

Similarly, you continue to disrupt threads by attacking other members - either directly or indirectly - and I must warn you that you will be banned should you persist.

jon

Jon,

In all fairness, I only know about the PL because OTHERS keep mentioning it.

Jon,

In all fairness, I only know about the PL because OTHERS keep mentioning it.

Yes...with good reason...it's all been done before....I suggest instead of blindly following your mentor....do some research and let us know what turns up

Good day

Yes...with good reason...it's all been done before....I suggest instead of blindly following your mentor....do some research and let us know what turns up

Good day

My mentor? Who would that be? Do some research on what?

This forum has gone MAD!

socrates

jon

Dear Jon, I give you my solemn promise not to mention unowot...

but for the sake of clarification so that the parameters are exactly known, can you please define the "etc.," after the .....er.....u know....the two...capital letters...and also do I have your assurance that in the event that I am attacked (for telling it as it is) you will come to my rescue immediately and without fail and save me, please Jon.

but for the sake of clarification so that the parameters are exactly known, can you please define the "etc.," after the .....er.....u know....the two...capital letters...and also do I have your assurance that in the event that I am attacked (for telling it as it is) you will come to my rescue immediately and without fail and save me, please Jon.

AND in addition, that there is an immediate end to the bullying, insinuation and snide comments against members who try to have sensible discussions with Socrates.

AND in addition, that there is an immediate end to the bullying, insinuation and snide comments against members who try to have sensible discussions with Socrates.

I understand your stance, new_trader. However, I'm not bullying, insinuating nor making snide comments about him. I'm having a bit of fun, because he's a terribly colourful and delightful person as we all know. I also owe you some thanks for pointing me to that Wyckoff book

Socrates,
In light of what is happening do you still want my reply to explain myself, or are you happy to let it be? Your decision, Albert. I don't think you need rescuing from anyone, from the look of things you can perfectly well look after yourself.

socrates

now you wouldn't want me to advertise would you :LOL: - you know perfectly well.

in an earlier post you wondered where the posts "attacking" you had gone, so that should answer your plea.

jon

There are none of these.

They get really upset when challenged and it is really very funny.

Some of them are not traders. They do not earn their living trading. They earn their living from writing and selling software, or parasiting on others who do so.

The contents of the book are annotated observations that the author prudently never mentions in other work he made public, thus rendering what is in the public domain incomplete and, what is more, presented exclusively for public consumption and not for incisive, priviledged, inside professional discussion.

That is all I am able and willing to reveal to you.

Hello Socrates,

I have been reading some of your posts, only some mind you because they are very lenghty.

Are you suggesting that the markets are completely random? That they do not adhere to a set of parameters ?

As for automation, i disagree with your point that trading cannot be automated. Automation, depending on how you view it is one way of eliminating emotion based decisions, and how one chooses to interpret this function depends entirely on the individuals assement of situation. I also say this because i have a few colleagues who have automated systems that generate more points/pips on a daily basis than most people take out by day trading.

Does price , under the auction principle follow a set of rules? Or is it just random ? I am sure you agree that there is far too much money at stake for the whole thing to be out of control.

Thank you

As to some sort of ledger which hold the secrets to the markets, i have my doubts about that. If there were such a thing and revealed the secrets, then i would not be expecting you to frequent these boards.

With such information there must be some responsability attached to it. I dont mean to share it but atleast to keep its mere existence a secret, rather than dangle the knowledge of its supposed contents to create a longing within the minds of traders.

Everyones experience and interpretation is unique to themselves, regardless of Gann, Elliot,Wykoff and anyone else. Why else do they all have a different approach? (I dont know but assume so because i know there are many different aproaches.)

Please rest assured that i am not doubting your ability or success as a trader, you say a lot of things that obviously a very experienced and knowledgable trader would say, but i am under the impression that most who frequent some boards are looking for a little piece that may be missing to complete the jigsaw, (hey guys dont take offence, just an observation.)

Just my two pence worth, and no offence attended.

Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.