The Journey from the Basement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Animal Lessons Doc

All,

Here are all the Animal Lessons in one word doc.

Fin

Attachments

• ANIMAL LESSONS Doc..doc
    71.5 KB · Views: 537
Rognvald

Thank you for your e-mail. Have read the posts and understand them but still no wiser.
If I am expected to know, then I am done for because I don't. How do I find out ? Especially if there is to be more darksider code etc. Is there a site or book that I can get the information from ?

Regards

bracke

I don't think I am the right person to answer this - anyone who wishes further information should ask Socrates who will I am sure answer if he feels it appropriate

Last edited:
Rognvald

Thank you for your reply.
I shall wait events or the lack of them

Regards

bracke

D31, C20 and C22
Following the logic of the sentences, I'd hazard a guess
D31 = Emotions, Survival reactions and other non-trading distractions brought about by a life's experience.
C20 = Trading context/mindset
C22 = Confusion and contradiction.

The reason for using the codes ? To make sure you have read and understood the words.

Nothing ventured ....
Glenn

Glenn

That you for your reply

I suspect that we are back in interpretation mode. You have made yours, I have mine and others have theirs.

Am I incorrect in seeking a hard and fast definition, maybe there isn't one.

In which case why those particular letters and numbers, or again is that part of the interpretation and understanding

I have the distinct feeling that SOCRATES is reading this and having a laugh at my expense, hope I can afford it.

Regards

bracke

Well I may be totally off course, but I thought that if I didn't post what I was thinking, then I wasn't seriously making the effort, which is pointless.
If I'm wrong it doesn't matter.
Good to learn from one's mistakes - and probably faster than other ways :)

Glenn

Glenn may well have hit the nail on the head - or not.

If the meanings are empirical - we'll find out.

As Socrates has stated we should now be looking at these things (and not just these things) from a specific trading mindset rather than freely associating - I'm currently taking a view they are empirical - and am willing to switch through 180 degrees at the drop of a hat should I need to!

If they are to be taken as interpretive, then any one of us posting up our own offerings may well do someone else out of the benefit of developing their own. It's sometimes difficult to get ideas out of your head. Which is fine if they're the right ideas....

"It's sometimes difficult to get ideas out of your head"

Now that is hitting the nail on the head - lol.
Glenn

Hi Folks,
Just read the whole thread over the weekend, absolutely gripping!
I had the twig bird story pegged with the worms as the profit or reward from a trade, the holes became trailing stops with the twigs representing the passing of each stop in time.
When the worm eventually appears, your exit is clearly flagged and you take the profit.

Can't get these stories out of my head. Thanks for all the effort Socrates.

Best Regards,
Neil

I see it as what happens when supply dries up... and the twig bird has done all the drying!!! In doing so , he has fed his whole family an ensured their continued success.

Jolly good, all of you.

I will be dealing with the matter of the ciphers later.

Now has the chosen one to whom yesterday I imparted today's news not seen it verified for himself in real time, unfolding as anticipated, all day long ?
No public posting please.
If you wish to cantact me do so by PM.
Hope you like it.
Kind Regards.

Further observations on Animal Lessons No 2 ~ The Game of Croquet.

We have seen how it is that by reviewing the story ot the Twig Bird , first we have a series of realisations that we now begin to view through the point of view of a separate persona we are creating specifically for the purpose of trading, which we shall call the Trading Persona. This Trading Persona has to be built up and trained to act and think in a very different way to the Ordinary Persona. Now we have to gradually nourish the new Trading Persona so that it is able to acquire form. We have to cultivate the ability to start viewing things through the eyes of the new Trading Persona instead of through the eyes of the Ordinary Persona.

The Ordinary Persona has served us well all our lives and because we are alive and not dead, we can say that the Ordinary Persona has fullfilled its mission, which is the preservation of life. Now the new Trading Persona has to be allowed to grow, for it to preserve our trading interests, which is equivalent to it preserving our trading life. This is what we are now going to proceed to do.

The difficulty is that we have to develop a Trading Persona without allowing the Ordinary Persona to interfere. We can only do this if the Ordinary Persona can be tricked into believing or at least being lulled into a sense of security (false or not) that the creation of a Trading Persona does not in any way constitute a threat to life.

Bear in mind that the ordinary persona has a very acutely tuned defence mechanisms in place to deal immediately with anything, be it an action, a response, and idea, a thought, a feeling or something we hear, it considers (whether correctly or not and whether justifialbly or not) to be life threatening. For this reason we have to be very careful how to go about this excercise, because if we blunder, all the defence triggers are set off, thus negating the results, such that they are effectively wiped.

This means we have to start all over again, like trying to climb a greasy pole. For this reason the process is very delicate and each tiny step forward has to be considered in detail before it is taken.

Over the next few sessions we are going to look again at the story of the Game of Croquet but htis time from a new angle and in a different light to hitherto. So far we have used it for it to yield to us realisations as to what we should be putting our attention on; we are going to further refine this idea.

As I am very busy at the start of the week I do not expect to be able to progress this next stage till Thursday at the earliest.

Last edited:
good to be back lads/lasses :)

in addition to the previous excellemt post by Socrates - what I think bears striking similarity to Ordinary/Trading Persona is how a "normal" person develops in a war. Think about this - "normal" protective mechanisms developed and refined in human beings make an "ordinary" 25 yrs old (or so) wish (and achieve) simple things - food, drink, good sh*g :) etc... - they do take him sometimes to pub brawls - but i do not quite recall meeting "normal" ppl going to South Bronx on a daily basis looking for a good shoot-out :). Now how come same lad after spending a few months on the front line volunteers for and taked pride in going on reconnaisance missions every night for something 100 times worse than all bad neighbourhoods taken together? That "normal" person in him if told about that before the war wud completely freak out and "shut down" the whole system!!!

U c my point? I can foresee a counterargument here. Stop, china white, there is such thing as "indoctrination" of soldiers (brain washing, revenge for dead civilians, dead comrades etc...) in the war but there is no such thing in trading! Now stop for a sec and look back at this counterargument. U sure there is no such thing in trading? Of coz there is no "Fuhrer" telling u u have to fight coz u r "supermenschen" but isn't there part of yourself telling u u have to trade coz deep inside u r a "star trader"? :) As far as "self-indoctrination" is concerned, there is actually more of that in trading than in a war IMO :)

My point is that the development of a Trading Persona (warrior) is a process going well beyond what Ordinary Persona can ever think of. Some ppl cannot do it - and my full respect to them. I'll tell u more - I personally do not have much against deserters from the front line (at least psychologically) - those r the ppl who CANNOT develop a warrior AND IF THEY STAY there, they'll be just cannonfodder.......

But we r here which means WE are not. Do not lollaby yourselves though - even the best traders can go bust, like even the best warriors can get killed. There may be another 1929 (where u will obviously be long), some nut case can come to power and nationalise your dosh on the exchange or there may be a global earthquake all of a sudden - I am giving absurd examples on purpose to show there ARE things best professionals cannot do much about. The best trained samurais died just as quickly as chicken in Hiroshina or Nagasaki. THAT WUD NEVER STOP ME THO FROM FIGHTING AND WINNING - and I am sure everyone here will second that :)

China,

i agree entirely with what you say. I think it takes a persons ordinary character traits to allow the creation of the new persona. If the ordinary persona has character traits of fear for example, this fear will not allow the persona to be created and cause the person to feel anxiety and irritation. Therefore, they will always struggle to create the right mindset..

re: the Trading Persona.

Why does it have to be a "warrior" fighting a battle.
I find the militaristic mindset quite traumatic, and actually induces stress, cos if you lose a trade, thats the equivalent of being shot, or losing ground to the enemy.

I have my own ideas about mind-set, but, must the mindset be couched in such confrontational terms ?

trendie said:

I find the militaristic mindset quite traumatic, and actually induces stress, cos if you lose a trade, thats the equivalent of being shot, or losing ground to the enemy.

I have my own ideas about mind-set, but, must the mindset be couched in such confrontational terms ?

Hi,

I prefer an analogy of 'sensing' where the flow is going (like in a river) and letting it take me with it. To be able to 'sense'/observe I need to be still and present (to be in THE NOW), which forces me to let go of my 'usual self'. Still a lot of work to be done on this ;-)
However, I understand where china white is coming from. He was in the 'trenches' and knows what games traders play and in a sense it's a kind of a battle. In my view it's more of a 'battle of intelligence' though.

cheers,

Robert

Last edited:
trendie said:

I think depicting trading as being "traumatic" to the normal person is the whole point.

For the 'normal' person, losing a trade is stressful ("traumatic"), which then leads onto emotional trading decisions.

So the market has pushed your emotional 'buttons' into making the wrong move.

There could be different ways to describe the ideal trading persona mindset and I think the "warrior" way is one way to describe it.

Maybe another 'gentler' way could be a monk / mystic, where they know themselves inside out, they are at peace with themselves, their past and their future, they have no attachment to any material objects, death and life are just two sides of the mirror so you have no fear of death.

But if you reach this state, once again, you are not bound by normal conventional rules. Losing a trade will not cause trauma and will not affect any future trading decision.

Just my 2 pennies worth! :) Any experienced expert feel free to point out any errors in my other 'example' in case I might mislead other future readers.

Regards.

How about the calm, intuitive contemplation of a monk coupled with the highly conditioned and lightning fast reflexes of a warrior?

It doesn't have to one or the other.

If you're building a hybrid - you can choose.

Status
Not open for further replies.