The hunter becomes the prey...

"I agree wholeheartedly that killing for pleasure is wrong. However, I have never seen any examples of this"

Sorry I must be missing something, but isn't bull fighting exactly that?

I was talking about the field sports I've taken part in (in the UK). I have met hundreds of people engaged in these sports, and known dozens well. Most were animal lovers (genuine ones, not the noisy campaigning type) and I cannot remember a single instance where I saw anyone pleased by killing. Most had their own animals - I've lost count of the number we rescued, but the usual complement was around 15 cats, 3 Great Danes, perhaps another 3 assorted dogs, plus numerous birds, fish and various other beasts as circumstances dictated - lambs, hedgehogs and so on. Most of the cats and dogs came from the RSPCA, which kills animals it cannot find homes for.

Back to shooting, a good shot would certainly bring pleasure, although only because it requires skill and ensures an instant dispatch for the quarry. I have also seen shoot members told not to bring certain guests again on account of their poor marksmanship.

Unsporting (easy) shots are very seriously frowned upon - unlikely if the primary motivation was killing. This was sadly not the case when I went shooting on the Continent, where they would gladly shoot anything that moves, although happily I am not responsible for the depravities of foreigners.

I can't speak for bullfighting, although I suspect that the primary motivation of the crowd is not to see a bull killed. I might be wrong of course, but it is certainly not an engaging spectacle.

Last edited:
Ban Bull Fighting

WARNING - Not for the faint hearted :!:

http://www.examiner.com/x-40065-Blo...o-matador-being-gored--warning-graphic-photos

80679909.jpg

An opinion poll recently carried out found that 82% of Catalonia people believe that bullfights are cruel and unjustified events.

Last edited:
An opinion poll recently carried out found that 82% of Catalonia people believe that bullfights are cruel and unjustified events.

I believe you, although you should remember that opinion polls are very rarely intended to measure public opinion. If they do so, it is likely to be purely by accident.

I believe you, although you should remember that opinion polls are very rarely intended to measure public opinion. If they do so, it is likely to be purely by accident.

Election results were pretty spot on as reflected by opinion polls...

So what went wrong there then? :cheesy:

Hunting is a definition of a very cowardly murder of a helpless being.
Hunting is a variant of human mental illness.”
Theodore Heuss (1884-1963) First President of the Federal Republic of Germany.

People killing for pleasure really are freaks that'd probably get their sadistic kicks from being paedophiles if they hadn't discovered killing animals first.

I jumpped in a field with 3 bullocks the other day. They were **** scared and legged it to the oher side of the field hundreds of yards away. They then came creeping back up to 30 yards away. I jumped in the air & they ran off again.

All very funny really. Considering i could nearly feel the ground shaking as they ran.

These were only bullocks though & not bulls.

I jumpped in a field with 3 bullocks the other day. They were **** scared and legged it to the oher side of the field hundreds of yards away. They then came creeping back up to 30 yards away. I jumped in the air & they ran off again.

All very funny really. Considering i could nearly feel the ground shaking as they ran.

Hmm... Yes but were you wearing pink/red pantolonas like our Mexican friend at the time?

I think it is a colour thing is is not?

Also - had to google this one...

A bullock is either an immature or a castrated bull, also known as a steer or ox. They are castrated so that the animal may be more docile or may put on weight more quickly.

Castration is removal or destroying of testis in infant state of male animal

Bulls life doesn't seem to be all it's cut out to be really.

Very sad...

Hmm... Yes but were you wearing pink/red pantolonas like our Mexican friend at the time?

I think it is a colour thing is is not?

Also - had to google this one...

A bullock is either an immature or a castrated bull, also known as a steer or ox.

Hence the wonderful line from "Full Metal Jacket":
"Holy dog sh1t. Texas? Only steers and queers come from Texas, Private Cowboy. And you don't look much like a steer to me so that kinda narrows it down. Do you suck dicks? "
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0093058/quotes

They are castrated so that the animal may be more docile or may put on weight more quickly.

Castration is removal or destroying of testis in infant state of male animal
Bulls life doesn't seem to be all it's cut out to be really.

Very sad...

Cut out - ouch! :)

Brilliant lines there Monty. Started reading them and got hooked.

But coming back to these scared bullocks - perhaps they are just simply smart!

If the last time they saw a humanoid go near them - they had their balls cut off - is it any wonder they are petrified of our man Jon Doe and decide to run a mile... :rolleyes: