11527, down 15pts [0.14%].

Last 5 TD: up 1.72%.
OTM: 1.29%

S&P 500
1316.28, down 1.79pts [0.14%].

Last 5 TD: up 1.71%.
OTM: 0.96%

News items of note:
British house prices rose at their fastest pace in over two years in the three months to August, a survey showed, indicating last month's interest rate rise has done little to cool the market.

Inquiries from buyers, meanwhile, rose at their fastest pace in almost three years, suggesting further strength to come.

The Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors said its house prices balance rose to +35 in the three months to August from +30 in the previous period, the highest since May 2004 when house price inflation was in double digits and the price balance hit +41. - I'd be more inclined towards house sales in regards to whether or not the economy is rising/falling.

LONDON (ShareCast) - The UK high street showed continued strength in August, despite the rise in interest rates, though as expected food sales fell on the month. - still its good news and one in which the market has yet to react.

Whereas:

FT.com -US stocks dipped slightly on Thursday after retail sales data rekindled inflationary fears and pulled the main indices away from four-month highs.

Charts, and nothing but the charts: Thursdays showed an indication towards a charge and most likely in favour of the rise, although this may kick in on Friday. Well its Friday and it looks different now. Fridays are neutral with no clear direction.

The PoM System: +0.75, interpretation: favours the weak rise.

The PoM system is a mathematical formula that determines the markets direction. A plus or minus indicates the likelihood and strength of the market going up or down.

Companies reporting:
Imperial Tobacco

Economic Data:
None UK

The FTSE tomorrow based on present news and data: No clear indicators for tomorrow and there's a strong chance of today's performance repeating itself. Charts are not clear and the PoM favours a weak rise; CR is tame and historically the market favours a rise with no ED; business news in general is mixed; SB companies have the FTSE opening up by 5pts and the US markets appear to have shuffled into a positive area

Early gut feeling: Lost.

Will I bet? When the FTSE hit its peak I went a Binary down 0-10pts, just missed it! Tomorrow I'm unsure, could see a rise of 40pts plus or a 20pt drop. Best wait and see which hat the FTSE wears throughout the day.

If you are betting: make your own decision, watch the markets open and do read the news for clues as to which way the FTSE may go.

Yours

UK

The FTSE, Monday 18th September 2006

Fridays results:
Close:5877, down 0.2pts [0.001%]
Range: 5899 - 5864.

Last 5 TD: down 0.03%.
OTM: -0.47%.

DOW
11560, up 33pts [0.29%].

Last 5 TD: up 1.47%.
OTM: 1.58%

S&P 500
1319.87, up 3.59pts [0.27%].

Last 5 TD: up 1.61%.
OTM: 1.24%

News items of note:

Charts, and nothing but the charts: Fridays were neutral with no clear direction. Mondays continues to display no clear direction.

The PoM System: +0.50, interpretation: favours the weak rise.

The PoM system is a mathematical formula that determines the markets direction. A plus or minus indicates the likelihood and strength of the market going up or down.

Companies reporting:
None.

Economic Data:
None UK

Areas to watch: Oil, gold and copper prices, the Banking sector.

The FTSE tomorrow based on present news and data: a difficult one. The market continues to remain undefined with no clear direction either way, and as such some may say 'best avoided.' Charts have no clear direction and likewise the PoM; No CR or ED which favours the rise; SB companies have the FTSE pegged as opening down by 10pts.

Early gut feeling: None.

Will I bet? Best avoided, scalp if you can.

If you are betting: make your own decision, watch the markets open and do read the news for clues as to which way the FTSE may go.

Yours

UK

Short term trend 3-5days is downwards yet the most profitable daytrades have being going Long.

Support is at 5820 so watch of a bounce to go long or breakdown to go short!

The FTSE, Tuesday 19th September 2006

Mondays results:
Close:5890, up 13pts [0.22%]

Last 5 TD: up 0.67%.
OTM: -0.25%.

DOW
11555, down 5pts [0.05%].

Last 5 TD: up 1.38%.
OTM: 1.53%

S&P 500
1321.18, up 1.31pts [0.10%].

Last 5 TD: up 1.66%.
OTM: 1.34%

Both US markets appear to be running out of steam, this alone doesn't mean there about to turn south, but its a good indication.

News items of note:
None at time of writing.

Charts, and nothing but the charts: Mondays continued to display no clear direction. Tuesdays note a possible drop.

The PoM System: -2.25, interpretation: favours the moderate dip.

Companies reporting:
INTERNATIONAL POWER
KAZAKHMYS

Economic Data:
None UK.

The FTSE tomorrow based on present news and data: Up or down and by how much is a daily question I constantly ask myself, and to answer the question I often put on my billionaires hat and say to myself, 'would I spend 100's of millions of pounds on shares today?' For tomorrow the answer is a simple no. Charts predict a dip and the PoM agrees; CR is moderate and no ED; the market appears to be holding back, which is expected two days before the BOE minutes and the FOMC. SB companies have the FTSE opening up at evens.

Early gut feeling: I fancy the drop.

Will I bet? Yup.

Yours

UK

TopIQ said:
Short term trend 3-5days is downwards yet the most profitable daytrades have being going Long.

Support is at 5820 so watch of a bounce to go long or breakdown to go short!

Welcome TopIQ,

I agree that the market favours the southern dip but I have an eye on 5860 as the next support, but each to his own.

Good trading.

UK

The FTSE, Wednesday 20th September 2006

Tuesdays results:
Close:5831, down 58pts [0.99%]

Last 5 TD: down 1.08%.
OTM: -1.24%.

DOW
11540, down 14pts [0.12%].

Last 5 TD: up 0.37%.
OTM: 1.41%

S&P 500
1318.31, down 2.87pts [0.22%].

Last 5 TD: up 0.40%.
OTM: 1.12%

News items of note:
None at time of writing.

Charts, and nothing but the charts: Tuesdays noted a possible drop. Wednesdays are mixed with a short term rise [morning] foreseen and a long term [2-3 day] drop.

The PoM System: +4.25, interpretation: favours the moderate rise. And due to the ED it also recommends a 'no bet.'

Companies reporting:
None.

Economic Data:
09:30 UK Bank of England minutes
09:30 UK Public finances PSNCR
19:15 US FOMC rate announcement, last: 5.25%, forecast: 5.25%

The FTSE tomorrow based on present news and data: The stockbrokers are in the bull pits and the markets are about to... I very much doubt it will be a quiet day tomorrow for the US markets, but the FTSE should shuffle along without much ado; charts are unsure but do see a minor rise for tomorrow, whereas the PoM recommends a 'no bet;' no CR but as you know the ED is the one to watch. SB companies have the FTSE opening down by 3-5pts.

Early gut feeling: a soft rise.

Will I bet? Nope! It's too risky for me via SB and Binary, although I may have a flutter via Ladbrokes, as simple as they are, with odds of 10/1 for a rise/fall 'On the hour' of over 20pts its worth it during the 09:00 -10:00 hour UK market and the 19:00-20;00 hour US markets.

Yours

UK

The FTSE, Thursday 21st September 2006

Tuesdays results:
Close:5866, up 34pts [0.59%]
Range: 5880 - 5820.

Last 5 TD: down 0.43%.
OTM: -0.65%.

DOW
11613, up 72pts [0.63%].

Last 5 TD: up 0.61%.
OTM: 2.03%

S&P 500
1325.18, up 6.87pts [0.52%].

Last 5 TD: up 0.54%.
OTM: 1.64%

News items of note:
None at time of writing.

Charts, and nothing but the charts: Wednesdays were mixed with a short term rise foreseen and a long term [2-3 day] drop. This still stands.

The PoM System: +0.25, interpretation: a weak chance of a rise.

Companies reporting:
MORRISON SUPERMKTS

Economic Data:
11:00 UK CBI industrial trends
13:30 US Jobless claims
15:00 US Leading indicators
17:00 US Philadelphia Fed

The FTSE tomorrow based on present news and data: a difficult one, the US markets are sitting top heavy but in comparison the FTSE is still looking a tad weak. Whether it goes North tomorrow will depend on early morning market sentiment. Charts favour the dip and the PoM favours a weak rise; CR should be positive, but again the ED for the US should be the one to watch. SB companies have the FTSE opening unchanged.

Early gut feeling: neutral

Will I bet? Nothing made today, just sat and watched. Nothings leaping out and grabbing me by the jugular for tomorrow so I guess I'll wait until the market opens for additional clues.

Yours

UK

Where is the Ftse going

After the dow failed to break the 11630 it fell over 80 point is this just a minor correction.....hmmm

I guess the uk hero's suggestion would be along the lines of let go short tommorow.....
If the ftse also fails to close above the 5880 then we should be going down as well.
Also for september I have not really seen the fall that we have been seeing consistently for years.....When do we put the shorts in .....or do we....

I just think in the coming days we should see a visit to the 5800 level again and then we might go back up again but atleast a visit.....

I dont think we will be seeing massive moves upwards,I might be wrong but this times of the month always makes me a short harry......

Best of luck happy trading

Rav

Once again thanks for all your updates Ukhero :cheesy:

The FTSE, Friday 22nd September 2006

Thursdays results:
Close:5896, up 30pts [0.52%]
Range: 5898 - 5848.

Last 5 TD: down 0.43%.
OTM: -0.65%.

DOW
11533, down 80pts [0.69%].

Last 5 TD: up 0.06%.
OTM: 1.34%

S&P 500
1325.18, down 7.15pts [0.54%].

Last 5 TD: up 0.14%.
OTM: 1.10%

News items of note:
NEW YORK (Reuters) - A surprise drop in a regional factory activity report on Thursday suggested that the U.S. economy may be losing momentum faster than most economists anticipated, stunning financial markets with the view that the Federal Reserve may soon have to cut interest rates to avoid a downturn.

Charts, and nothing but the charts: Wednesdays foreseen a long term [2-3 day] drop pattern. This still stands.

The PoM System: -3.25, interpretation: favours a strong chance of a drop.

Companies reporting:
None.

Economic Data:
None UK

The FTSE tomorrow based on present news and data: SB companies have the FTSE pegged down by 25pts on open, which, by my data alone, indicates a 69% chance that the market will stay down by the end of the day; business news is detrimental; charts still favour the drop and the PoM has a strong indication of a southern move; no CR or ED to jostle the market, so I guess it looks like a down!

Early gut feeling: a southern move.

Will I bet? Made 4 good Binaries today on both the FTSE and DOW. Hope you all had similar success. Tomorrow, at the moment, it all favours a southern drop. Lets see.

Yours

UK

The FTSE, Monday 25th September 2006

Fridays results:
Close:5822, down 74pts [1.26%]
Range: 5896 - 5820.

A warning signal here, only one, and as such not enough to go Long. Look for other indicators for clues.

Last 5 TD: down 0.92%.
OTM: -1.39%.

DOW
11508, down 25pts [0.22%].

Last 5 TD: down 0.45%.
OTM: 1.13%

S&P 500
1314.78, down 3.25pts [0.25%].

Last 5 TD: down 0.38%.
OTM: 0.85%

News items of note:
worth a read:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/money/main.jhtml?xml=/money/2006/09/24/ccbrown524.xml

Charts, and nothing but the charts: Wednesdays foreseen a long term [2-3 day] drop pattern. Monday, long term still sees a drop, short term a rise.

The PoM System: +3.50, interpretation: favours the strong chance of a rise.

Companies reporting:
WOLSELEY PLC [expected to be good]

Economic Data:
None UK

The FTSE tomorrow based on present news and data: financial news does not look good for both the UK and US markets. The FTSE has tumbled hard as anticipated and there's bargains to be had. The US markets northern push seems to be running out of steam, so we may see an up down day tomorrow. Charts are mixed, but the PoM favours an early rebound from Fridays drop; CR should be positive and no ED; in all, it presently favours a rise, but the market may see-saw throughout the day. SB companies have the FTSE opening up by 8pts.

Early gut feeling: mixed.

Will I bet? Friday was a good day with 42pts made. Monday, as it stands, I can see the market rising 22pts early morning only to shuffle back down. Will be betting a small Long early morning and may add a Binary 'down on the day' if it hits 5842. In all, not a clear day with present data at hand and perhaps best avoided. We'll see how the day pans. Wil be looking at early morning market sentiment before commiting.

Yours

UK

How many points tommorow 30 points at least....
Will we approach the 71 I just think so........
:cheesy:
I have place a buy order @ 1.5826 stop @ 5805 limit @ 1.5866
I am looking for some heavy points p.p lets see what happens :cheesy:

everyone

Rav :cheesy:

rav700 said:

everyone

current Price =1.5819

The FTSE, Tuesday 26th September 2006

Mondays results:
Close:5798, down 24pts [0.41%]
Range: 5847 - 5774.

Last 5 TD: down 1.56%.
OTM: -1.80%.

DOW
11575, up 67pts [0.59%].

Last 5 TD: up 0.19%.
OTM: 1.72%

S&P 500
1326.37, up 11.59pts [0.88%].

Last 5 TD: up 0.40%.
OTM: 1.73%

News items of note:
Yahoo News - NEW YORK - Stocks rose smartly Monday, with the Dow Jones industrials gaining more than 90 points after Dallas Federal Reserve President Richard Fisher suggested inflation would be dampened by a slowing economy. He added that while the housing and auto sectors are economic weak points, the rest of the U.S. economy is doing "extremely well."

Charts, and nothing but the charts: Mondays, long term still sees a drop, short term a rise. Tuesdays have become neutral, but appear to favour a rise.

The PoM System: +3.25, interpretation: favours the moderate chance of a rise.

Companies reporting:
ENTERPRISE INNS

Economic Data:
None UK

Areas to watch: Mining sector - due for a rise.

The FTSE tomorrow based on present news and data: the US markets bounced on President Richard Fishers comments and are presently in a neutral position, whereas the FTSE is lagging well behind and has space to shuffle up by approx 39pts early morning before moving in line with the US markets when they open. Charts have no strong defined direction, the PoM favours the rise; CR is tame but should be positive and no ED to shuffle the market. SB companies have the FTSE opening up a strong 28pts.

Early gut feeling: early rise.

Will I bet? Yesterdays Long made 20pts and a Binary DOTD [86-14] did wonderfully well. Deep joy! Tomorrow, as I've no Longs running, it may be difficult to get into the market at an early stage to make any decent Long term profit, add to that, the US markets are looking to end the day at evens. Will be looking to scalp.

Yours

UK

rav700 said:

everyone

Stop move to b\e +2

Still in trade

The FTSE, Wednesday 27th September 2006

Tuesdays results:
Close:5873, up 75pts [1.30%]
Range: 5879 - 5798.

Last 5 TD: up 0.73%.
OTM: -0.51%.

The market has hit a daily indicator that says it has risen too high for one day. This is not enough by itself to prompt a short. Also, overall, data says that the market has changed from a falling to a weak rising. In all, a difficult period to predict.

DOW
11669, up 93pts [0.81%].

Last 5 TD: up 1.12%.
OTM: 2.52%

S&P 500
1336.34, up 9.97pts [0.75%].

Last 5 TD: up 1.39%.
OTM: 2.49%

I was wrong yesterday about the US markets, in that, they were running out of steam. Perhaps tomorrow!

News items of note:
Worth a read:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/money/main.jhtml?xml=/money/2006/09/26/ccoil26.xml

Charts, and nothing but the charts: Tuesdays become neutral, but appeared to favour a rise. Wednesday, long term still favours the drop [2-5 days], but short term [daily] is neutral

The PoM System: +1.5, interpretation: favours the weak rise.

Companies reporting:
COMPASS GROUP [a lot of investors are involved in this company- it will shuffle the market if bad]
ENTERPRISE INNS

Economic Data:
09:30 UK GDP
09:30 UK Current Account
11:00 UK CBI distributive trades report

The FTSE tomorrow based on present news and data: well, what a party! Its 02:35hrs and I'm still drinking whisky. Is there any more steam left in the market? I think a touch. Market news has switched to positive; charts and PoM both favour the weak, short lived rise; CR should be watched closely as it will shuffle the market if bad, ED is tame to moderate but not expected to turn the market; SB companies have the FTSE opening up by 17pts.

Early gut feeling: an early rise which could well shuffle down to end the day to end at evens, a 23pt rise versus a 8pt drop.

Will I bet? My Long on Tuesday did well but I cut it short at 25pts [could have done better], tomorrow will be another day for scalping. Also, the market will be prone to a reversal.

Yours

UK

The FTSE, Thursday 28th September 2006

Wednesdays results:
Close:5930, up 56pts [0.96%]
Range: 5872 - 5942.

Last 5 TD: up 1.11%.
OTM: +0.46%.

DOW
11689, up 19pts [0.17%].

Last 5 TD: up 0.66%.
OTM: 2.69%

S&P 500
1336.59, up 0.25pts [0.87%].

Last 5 TD: up 0.87%.
OTM: 2.50%

News items of note:
Telegraph - 'Abbey National has become the latest high street bank to unveil a jump in its bad loans as concerns mount about the levels of debt being taken on by Britons.' - The debt situation in the UK is nothing new, but I believe the market has yet to react to its growing implications.
Charts, and nothing but the charts: Wednesdays still favoured the long term drop [2-5 days] and the short term [daily] as neutral.Thursdays are still neutral but edge towards a southern move.

The PoM System: -4.75, interpretation: favours the strong possibility of a drop.

Companies reporting:
COMPASS GROUP [down 2.53% on Wednesday. Tipped as a 2006 'hot stock' it's not faired that well and if results are poor tomorrow we'll see a mass exodus]

Economic Data:
None UK.
13:30 US GDP
13:30 US Jobless claims

The FTSE tomorrow based on present news and data: The FTSE has moved into a neutral position from a weak down and as such can quite easily shuffle either way without much ado; the US markets are sitting on a high, but data says they can still shuffle a touch higher before slipping down; charts remain in a neutral area but favour the down and the PoM is sticking its neck out with a positive 'Down On The Day' result; CR, although expected to be poor, will not effect the market and no ED, but the US ED can make waves - so watch closely; SB companies have the FTSE opening down by 8pts.

Early gut feeling: a weak southern move.

Will I bet? I had 3 small scalping bets with the FTSE [2 of the 3 were correct], but believe it or not, I went heavy on the DOW! Durrrr! But my bet was that it would finish below 11710, hurray!!! Its whisky time! Tomorrow, data is leaning towards a drop and I have to go with the data. I won't be following the market tomorrow [picking Girlfriend up from Gatwick airport, Boo! Hiss!] so I may not be able to place a bet. Even so, good trading to all.

Yours

UK

The FTSE, Friday 29th September 2006

Thursdays results:
Close:5971, up 41pts [0.69%]
Range: 5978 - 5930.

Last 5 TD: up 1.28%.
OTM: +1.15%.

DOW
11718, up 29pts [0.25%].

Last 5 TD: up 1.60%.
OTM: 2.94%

S&P 500
1339.15, up 2.56pts [0.19%].

Last 5 TD: up 1.60%.
OTM: 2.70%

News items of note:
None UK.

Charts, and nothing but the charts:Thursdays remained neutral [Long term] but edged towards a southern daily move [wrong!] Fridays are hovering in neutral with no strong indication of either up or down.

The PoM System: -2, interpretation: favours a moderate chance of a drop.

Companies reporting:
None UK

Economic Data:
09:30 UK Consumer credit & mortgages Aug
10:30 UK Gfk consumer confidence

The FTSE tomorrow based on present news and data: All three markets are sitting in neutral areas according to chart data ,and as such can go up [although it will be a weak rise] or down [strong drop]. Charts for the FTSE have no clear defined direction, whereas the PoM [after yesterdays dire result] still favours the drop; no CR but the ED on consumer credit may shuffle the market. SB companies have the FTSE opening up between evens and 7pts.

Early gut feeling: neutral

Will I bet? Thursday, left early for the airport prior to the market opening and so was unable to enter a position, just as well as I would have gone Short. Not happy about the PoM's strong indication of a southern move either, but it must be noted that it's not infallible. Tomorrow, I don't like it when the market falls into neutral areas and as such plan to sit on the fence [may scalp].

Yours

UK