The FTSE 2006

sean01 said:
Hi -my view - FTSE up this morning- will be comming off today- will be going short

Going short? Bit eager you have just missed the massive move down, risk/reward favours going long although I would go long the NDX or SPX (and am) over the FTSE. But shorting here is asking for a kicking. Yesterday looked like a low put in (atleast for the short term) VIX up, volume up, breadth horrible - all reversed late in the day. Time to short? Think not.

My thinking-

movement downwards was 3rd wave, this movement upwards is the 4th, next one should be down (5th)-

wave 2 was quite flat - so wave 4 is sharp. (hence 80 points up)

sean01 said:
My thinking-

movement downwards was 3rd wave, this movement upwards is the 4th, next one should be down (5th)-

wave 2 was quite flat - so wave 4 is sharp. (hence 80 points up)

Umm don't really follow the waves but I will be buying more on any soft dip today aslong as it does not get too close to yesterdays low (stops in place etc). Just don't see how from a risk / reward perspective you would want to be shorting here, I would rather wait and see and short from higher levels or short on a break of yesterdays lows.

My prediction for the day is bit of a dip to test the mettle of those who entered yesterday and then a slog upwards all day, closing at a decent level.

I'm calling it a day for 110% all achieved with fins. No doubt I will lose a vast percentage on mon. Over and out. :)( {Pringles!}

l.ps said:
I'm calling it a day for 110% all achieved with fins. No doubt I will lose a vast percentage on mon. Over and out. :)( {Pringles!}

I closed all my longs at the highs (so far ) of the day on the US markets and its world cup time!!!! Cheers all.

The FTSE, Monday 12th June 2006

Friday's results:
Close: 5655, up 92pts [1.66%]
Range: 5673 - 5562.

Last 5 TD: down 1.86%.
OTM: -1.14%.

DOW:
10891, down 46pts [0.43%].

Last 5 TD: down 3.20%.
OTM: -2.48%

S&P 500
1252.30, down 5.63pts [0.45%].

Last 5 TD: down 2.81%.
OTM: -1.38%.

News items of note:
None at time of writing.

Charts, and nothing but the charts: Fridays stated a rise. Mondays state an initial rise for the day, but I'm not confident with this.

The PoM System: -3.5, interpretation: a drop.

The PoM system is a mathematical formula that determines the markets direction. A plus or minus indicates the likelihood and strength of the market going up or down.

Companies reporting:
None.

Economic Data:
09:30 UK PPI Input May 2.5% -1.25
09:30 UK ODPM House Prices Apr 3.3% 4.5%

Areas to watch: Oil, set to rise; Miners, still shuffling.

The FTSE tomorrow based on present news and data: the US markets reversed late in the day which will add some uncertainty early morning; expect the FTSE to open down by 15pts; charts predict a rise whereas the PoM states a drop; no CR, but the ED for house prices may add a negative to the market.

Early gut feeling: Neutral early morning.

Will I bet? Did well last week. Looking for an overall rise for the coming week and will be betting accordingly.

If you are betting: make your own decision, watch the markets open and do read the news for clues as to which way the FTSE may go.

Yours

UK

ukhero said:
The FTSE, Monday 12th June 2006

Friday's results:
Close: 5655, up 92pts [1.66%]
Range: 5673 - 5562.

Last 5 TD: down 1.86%.
OTM: -1.14%.

DOW:
10891, down 46pts [0.43%].

Last 5 TD: down 3.20%.
OTM: -2.48%

S&P 500
1252.30, down 5.63pts [0.45%].

Last 5 TD: down 2.81%.
OTM: -1.38%.

News items of note:
None at time of writing.

Charts, and nothing but the charts: Fridays stated a rise. Mondays state an initial rise for the day, but I'm not confident with this.

The PoM System: -3.5, interpretation: a drop.

The PoM system is a mathematical formula that determines the markets direction. A plus or minus indicates the likelihood and strength of the market going up or down.

Companies reporting:
None.

Economic Data:
09:30 UK PPI Input May 2.5% -1.25
09:30 UK ODPM House Prices Apr 3.3% 4.5%

Areas to watch: Oil, set to rise; Miners, still shuffling.

The FTSE tomorrow based on present news and data: the US markets reversed late in the day which will add some uncertainty early morning; expect the FTSE to open down by 15pts; charts predict a rise whereas the PoM states a drop; no CR, but the ED for house prices may add a negative to the market.

Early gut feeling: Neutral early morning.

Will I bet? Did well last week. Looking for an overall rise for the coming week and will be betting accordingly.

If you are betting: make your own decision, watch the markets open and do read the news for clues as to which way the FTSE may go.

Yours

UK
cmc quoting 5613 mid at moment.

dcarrigan said:
cmc quoting 5613 mid at moment.

Hi dcaringan,

Capital Spreads are quoting 5625 @ 0010hrs. But I think it's too early to tell as yet. Will be watching the Nikkei for additional clues as to the early morning opening. :|

UK

There's A Bug! Or Do They Mean 'bung'

Well I must say LiveTradingFloor hasnt launched off to the best of starts.

1. Poor subscribers cant understand the published figures

2. trades which were presented as winners are in fact losers

3. the software seems rife with bugs (see above) and yet this unproven platform run by questionable traders is expensive to join and the reasoning is that you are to follow and enter the same trades!

4. People in the know are suggesting that this is in fact not actual trading results but phantom trades - yet it was described as 'look over my shoulder and follow my actual trades!' Really!!

5..The net result is that so far this month - the first month of being live - they are actually down. Not bad for £247 per month. But they are actually up 30% because of the prelaunch trading that no-one got to see and would you believe them!!!! Smart creative accounting

6. Who knows what trades make money and lose money - they dont know themselves.

7 Worse of all - the subscribers are asking question after question about the results and the trades and yet no-one answers them at all! Wow now that is fantastic service and inspires confidence. Ohhhh let me correct that - unless you ask a question about how to subscribe whereupon a bankers draft and a bill will land on your desk within seconds of making the enquiry.

Arent you subscribers glad you signed up! Haha you would have enjoyed much better odds on the nag in the 2.30 running at Ascot

FTSE off today- tomorrow I reckon it will be off in the morning - dow is currently 99 points down- (helps). This should complete the third wave of the main 5th wave going down.

In the afternoon/Wednesday morning - will be dull- complete wave 4- to go up - then final push for wave 5. Will probably be going short later on in the week - need to keep an eye on the Dow as it is due to bounce in the next few days.

sean01

Last edited:
The FTSE, Tuesday 13th June 2006

Monday's results:
Close: 5619, down 35pts [0.63%]
Range: 5666 - 5612.

Last 5 TD: down 0.84%.
OTM: -1.77%.

DOW:
10792, down 99pts [0.91%].

Last 5 TD: down 2.34%.
OTM: -3.39%

S&P 500
1236.4, down 15.90pts [1.27%].

Last 5 TD: down 2.30%.
OTM: -2.65%.

News items of note:

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The U.S. government posted a larger-than-expected $42.83 billion federal budget deficit in May, a Treasury Department report showed on Monday.

Charts, and nothing but the charts: Mondays stated an initial rise for the day [which, for one, I didn't follow]. Tuesday a drop.

The PoM System: +2, interpretation: a weak possibility of a rise.

Companies reporting:
RBS.

Economic Data:
09:30 UK CPI

Areas to watch: Miners, they're trying hard to claw back last weeks heavy loses.

The FTSE tomorrow based on present news and data: the US markets took another heavy tumble today and their southerly direction will be passed on to all the other world markets; one SB company has already marked the FTSE down 77pts @ 5579. Ouch! Charts predict a fall, but the PoM, which has been a 100% accurate so far this month, favours a weak rise; CR and ED are tame. In all, a day where the FTSE will move very little until the US markets show a clean direction.

Early gut feeling: early fall, late rise.

Will I bet? Depending on where the market opens, an SB Long and, if the odds favour it, an 'up on the day' Binary.

Yours

UK

tradingass said:
Well I must say LiveTradingFloor hasnt launched off to the best of starts.

1. Poor subscribers cant understand the published figures

2. trades which were presented as winners are in fact losers

3. the software seems rife with bugs (see above) and yet this unproven platform run by questionable traders is expensive to join and the reasoning is that you are to follow and enter the same trades!

4. People in the know are suggesting that this is in fact not actual trading results but phantom trades - yet it was described as 'look over my shoulder and follow my actual trades!' Really!!

5..The net result is that so far this month - the first month of being live - they are actually down. Not bad for £247 per month. But they are actually up 30% because of the prelaunch trading that no-one got to see and would you believe them!!!! Smart creative accounting

6. Who knows what trades make money and lose money - they dont know themselves.

7 Worse of all - the subscribers are asking question after question about the results and the trades and yet no-one answers them at all! Wow now that is fantastic service and inspires confidence. Ohhhh let me correct that - unless you ask a question about how to subscribe whereupon a bankers draft and a bill will land on your desk within seconds of making the enquiry.

Arent you subscribers glad you signed up! Haha you would have enjoyed much better odds on the nag in the 2.30 running at Ascot

Never heard of 'Livetradingfloor.'

UK

ukhero said:
The FTSE, Tuesday 13th June 2006

Monday's results:
Close: 5619, down 35pts [0.63%]
Range: 5666 - 5612.

Last 5 TD: down 0.84%.
OTM: -1.77%.

DOW:
10792, down 99pts [0.91%].

Last 5 TD: down 2.34%.
OTM: -3.39%

S&P 500
1236.4, down 15.90pts [1.27%].

Last 5 TD: down 2.30%.
OTM: -2.65%.

News items of note:

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The U.S. government posted a larger-than-expected $42.83 billion federal budget deficit in May, a Treasury Department report showed on Monday.

Charts, and nothing but the charts: Mondays stated an initial rise for the day [which, for one, I didn't follow]. Tuesday a drop.

The PoM System: +2, interpretation: a weak possibility of a rise.

Companies reporting:
RBS.

Economic Data:
09:30 UK CPI

Areas to watch: Miners, they're trying hard to claw back last weeks heavy loses.

The FTSE tomorrow based on present news and data: the US markets took another heavy tumble today and their southerly direction will be passed on to all the other world markets; one SB company has already marked the FTSE down 77pts @ 5579. Ouch! Charts predict a fall, but the PoM, which has been a 100% accurate so far this month, favours a weak rise; CR and ED are tame. In all, a day where the FTSE will move very little until the US markets show a clean direction.

Early gut feeling: early fall, late rise.

Will I bet? Depending on where the market opens, an SB Long and, if the odds favour it, an 'up on the day' Binary.

Yours

UK
never caught all what was said on news. but economy in uk in for bumpy ride.(BOE i think)

The global economy is set for a more turbulent time after a period of strong economic growth, Bank of England governor Mervyn King has warned.
Mr King told business leaders in Scotland that recent fluctuations in stock markets reflected an economic outlook which was "far from certain".

Inflation was "volatile", with higher crude oil and gas prices beginning to have an impact on household spending.

But he stressed inflation was on target and was not yet "a serious concern".

think i will put my longs away till christmas.

sean01 said:
Hi Uk,

do you use PoM for other markets apart from the FTSE

Regards

sean01

It's purely based for the FTSE; it can be configured for other European markets and perhaps even the Nikkei.

As to using the PoM system in regards to the US markets - no. Simply put, one fifth of the PoM system is based on the results and general movement of said US markets.

Believe me when I say, I wish I could append the system to the US markets, notably the DOW and the S&P. What an advantage I would have.

I'm still learning. Perhaps in time, when I fully understand all the elements that roll the US markets this way and that, I'll knock something up and hay presto! Barbados here I come.

Until then, it's a bag of chips and a bottle of Newcastle Brown late on a Saturday night. I love Saturday nights.

Yours

UK

dcarrigan said:
The global economy is set for a more turbulent time after a period of strong economic growth, Bank of England governor Mervyn King has warned.
Mr King told business leaders in Scotland that recent fluctuations in stock markets reflected an economic outlook which was "far from certain".

Inflation was "volatile", with higher crude oil and gas prices beginning to have an impact on household spending.

But he stressed inflation was on target and was not yet "a serious concern".

think i will put my longs away till christmas.

Now is the time when all good Marketeers put aside their charts and Coronation Chicken baps to watch the markets rise and fall. It is a telling month, in that, the market moves in line with the US markets and is therefore more easily predictable. It is a down up down month. And I wouldn't put aside your longs just yet unless you intend to hold them longer then a day. There's profit to be made this month, as in all. So far its been my best month year to date, and solely because I put aside emotion and accepted that we have switched from a rising to a declining market. Whether I continue to do well has yet to be seen. But until then, its fish and chips twice with a bottle of cheap Co-op whiskey.

Good trading

UK

I think that the markets are finally waking up to the fact that the huge supply of cheap money over the last few years HAS to fuel inflation.

Its not exactly rocket science: more money means the money is worth less = inflation.

Did anyone really believe otherwise ?

FTSE < 5k before year end perhaps ?

CMC quoting FTSE @ 5544/48 at the moment.

The ftse has done well nearly at major support lets see if it breaks it today........ :confused: