The Dow - May 23-27 2005

Will someone please change the batteries on the Dow! Its stopped working!

Forming an NR-7.
Unrelenting tedium....

trendie said:
Will someone please change the batteries on the Dow! Its stopped working!

Forming an NR-7.
Unrelenting tedium....

Market is dead. Made a grand total of 21 pts profit over 2 days. Very slow grind in to the holiday over these last two sessions.

NEW YORK (Dow Jones)--Saudi Arabia declared a state of alert Friday after word that King Faud had been taken to the hospital for medical tests, Fox News reported. Under the state of alert, security forces must cancel any scheduled leaves, Fox News report

Wouldnt like to hold longs over the weekend. Could be the opening extremists need to unsettle the Saudis. Could shake the markets.

Fahad is frequently in and out of hospital, he doesn't run the country anymore CP Abdullah has been running the country for about 5 yrs now.

Where to next - should be down

Up over 550 or down under 540, we will know soon enough

Attachments

• dow2.jpg
    dow2.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 181
roguetrader said:
Fahad is frequently in and out of hospital, he doesn't run the country anymore CP Abdullah has been running the country for about 5 yrs now.

Thats true. I thought he was on his last legs when I was out there early 90s, maybe why I thought he was dead!

kevinmcm said:
Wouldnt like to hold longs over the weekend. Could be the opening extremists need to unsettle the Saudis. Could shake the markets.
Kev, the Saudi Royal Household contains factions of such extreme polarities it would boggle your mind...

They've operated this way for quite some time though, with, it has to be said, each maintaining reasonable control on the excesses of each 'camp'

OK - so 9/11 got out of hand, but hey, the US got the message...if indeed it was the Saudis initiative:cool:

Look - it's Friday night - doesn't have to be on topic any more....

kevinmcm said:
NEW YORK (Dow Jones)--Saudi Arabia declared a state of alert Friday after word that King Faud had been taken to the hospital for medical tests, Fox News reported. Under the state of alert, security forces must cancel any scheduled leaves, Fox News report

Agree. I would normally be closing a couple of short contracts opened on a minor spike at 10539 - 16:30 UK time regardless of closing price. However, on the premise that any market moving news over a holiday is unlikely to be positive I intend to break my rules and leave them until Tuesday. Odd feeling when seriously bad prospective news for the world and his dog is good news for one's own financial position isn't it? That's why nobody loves a bear of course (Yet another tongue-in-cheek smilie needed - It's about time we were provided with one I say :!: :( )

kevinmcm said:
Thats true. I thought he was on his last legs when I was out there early 90s, maybe why I thought he was dead!

I was there until 2003 and he wasn't a well bunny then

Have a good break people. Markets over last few days have sneaked up with little happening, no real buying power, slightly propped feel to it. Regardless of Saudi news I would still be looking for normailty to return next week and for an early week sell off. Still have an outstanding move to 455 waiting in the wings. Oil still rising, various EW counts looking for a top, Bradley turn (if you believe it) due leads to a -ve bias IMO.

peterpr said:
Agree. I would normally be closing a couple of short contracts opened on a minor spike at 10539 - 16:30 UK time regardless of closing price. However, on the premise that any market moving news over a holiday is unlikely to be positive I intend to break my rules and leave them until Tuesday. Odd feeling when seriously bad prospective news for the world and his dog is good news for one's own financial position isn't it? That's why nobody loves a bear of course (Yet another tongue-in-cheek smilie needed - It's about time we were provided with one I say :!: :( )

LOL peter...you wanna hope this isnt the weekend they find bin bag then...

good luck...