The Daily Index Trader

Those listed below have membership of the Private Forum and can access it straight away and start the thread.

Neil-Pilky
Baldeaglebloke
peter5433
stephenAG
gromit
hazzy38
H5N1
chris5498
GlynJ

well, by coincidence, today I am celebrating passing 100% gain on my account for the year, so things going quite well (at the moment!). I actually only trade part-time using a medium term momentum stock trading strategy (1-2month holding period typically). Involves 5 minutes end of day checking for exits, and perhaps one lunchtime a week when I enter trades, that's all, so not a great deal of effort. Although to be honest I have written a lot of software that does all the hard work...

Congratulations! As long as I know it can be done then it's worth carrying on. Obviously Steve B is another one who runs things successfully. I guess as long as you're not stupid and you run proper money management and keep your emotions out of it.... and a few other things, you'll get there.

Being a member of this forum really helps so thanks to all of you.

Once again our two friends Herr DAX and Monsieur CAC seem to have diverged from their supposedly common paths...

Good morning all,

we now have a PRIVATE FORUM set up.

Those who wish to become members please send me a private message with last Friday's password for the DIT web site.

We can now have some interesting discussion and more detailed exchanges of trade details.

S

What's the point of a private forum for something like this if you're all making the same trades? Excluding anyone who disagrees with you or posts anything remotely negative is silly.

What's the point of a private forum for something like this if you're all making the same trades? Excluding anyone who disagrees with you or posts anything remotely negative is silly.

That's right. Now go away and play with your train set while the grown ups get on with being silly.

A predictable response.

Reasonable responses are often predictable. At least he took the trouble to reply to you whereas I'd have expected him to be simply ignoring you by now. Not because you have nothing to say, because I am sure you are very intelligent and have a lot to say, but simply because you say it offensively which is not in the spirit of this sort of arena.

Reasonable responses are often predictable. At least he took the trouble to reply to you whereas I'd have expected him to be simply ignoring you by now. Not because you have nothing to say, because I am sure you are very intelligent and have a lot to say, but simply because you say it offensively which is not in the spirit of this sort of arena.

Sorry, Astarte, but I don't remember ever saying anything even slightly offensive, either on this thread or anywhere else on T2W. Indeed, the first post I made here was a helpful reply to a question posed by Steve, who is actually the one who has made the most aggressive, offensive remarks and seems to have absolutely no sense of humour.

His most recent post is an example of a sneering response to a reasonable remark.

Anyway, rest assured that I won't bother trying any more, which should at least cheer up Steve.

Sorry, Astarte, but I don't remember ever saying anything even slightly offensive, either on this thread or anywhere else on T2W. Indeed, the first post I made here was a helpful reply to a question posed by Steve, who is actually the one who has made the most aggressive, offensive remarks and seems to have absolutely no sense of humour.

His most recent post is an example of a sneering response to a reasonable remark.

Anyway, rest assured that I won't bother trying any more, which should at least cheer up Steve.

Peace. I mean no harm. And I was maybe a bit intemperate myself there but I just don't like seeing spats like this. Maybe you were offensive, maybe he was, maybe both of you were but only in response to perceived offensiveness from the other. It happens easily in e-mails and forums. You think you're being perfectly polite but then it gets read the wrong way and without the benefit of body language and facial expression and voice modulation a flame starts. I broke my normal rule of not getting involved so sorry for that and I won't say any more on it.

That kind of response sizes you up fairly well, I think.

Good luck to the others with their new thread!

Thanks splitlink,

you're a gentlemen. I'm sure you understand that details of a system cannot be disclosed on a forum to help those who need it if it means people who haven't paid for it getting the benefit.

But there a again maybe you don't. I can understand your disappointment at no longer being able to gain anything from this vibrant forum. But if you buy the system you are welcome to join us.

But to describe starting up a private forum, to help those who are trading the system and want to discuss opinions, as silly is, well, silly.

Good luck with your trading. :)

Last edited:
I look at both sides here - a PM is needed if purchasers of the system are to openly discuss trades etc so that the author is not cut out the loop (and I make no comment on this particular system) - If I'd devised the best thing since sliced bread and legitimately wanted to sell it I'd be nobbed off if it was being discussed in open forum with non purchasers.

On the other hand we've had some good input from Senior, Vets and Legendarys which for guys new to this has been helpful - well it has for me anyway. There are a number of names I will track for their comments and observations - as I learned when I was at school and as I told my kids - you learn more by what you get wrong than what you get right provided you take the time to learn why you got it wrong. It's better to learn where other people went wrong but that is not my style - I need to cok it up myself with real money (don't wory guys - real small account and I practice MM) to learn properly.

Thanks for your input and I'm sure I'll read your inputs on other threads and I hope to input sensibly also in the future or question your comments to help my learning.

I also echo Astartes comments - there are far too many handbags at dawn here and whilst banter is needed I cringe at some of the personal insults - is it really necessary? Cheers

SteveBanks needs help, seriously this guy is a control freak. He's rude, aggresive & arrogant. He's rude to everyone else, even if you pose a reasonable comment. Yet he accuses everyone else of being rude.

I don't know what is, he has some kind of vested interest in DIT, that's why he doesn't like anyone saying anything against it. Private forum? it's a losing system, don't wory steveBanks, soon you'll be just talking to yourself

Hi all,

getting on for 30 members have joined the private forum so far. It will be possible for members to ask for confirmation of the days trade direction along with help in confirming that their stops and limits are right.

Also there are members who want to add views on how the system may or may not be improved to increase the strike rate etc.

The atmosphere will be infinitely better as all contributors will be pulling together to help one another.

S

Hi all,

getting on for 30 members have joined the private forum so far. It will be possible for members to ask for confirmation of the days trade direction along with help in confirming that their stops and limits are right.

Also there are members who want to add views on how the system may or may not be improved to increase the strike rate etc.

The atmosphere will be infinitely better as all contributors will be pulling together to help one another.

S

What is there to help? eigther system works or it doesn't. By pulling togather it won't make the system any better.

erm - has anyone tried to get into the DIT site today using the current (?) password? Doesn't work for me - have I been asleep or something?

erm - has anyone tried to get into the DIT site today using the current (?) password? Doesn't work for me - have I been asleep or something?

Password works for me. Are you using the right password from last Friday? Don't post it here whatever you do :)

Using the p/w received 6/10 - tried again - still no luck

That's funny. I use it and it works. The new one will be with you tomorrow if you can wait. If it's information you need urgently then send me a private message and I'll see if I can help.

S

all the squables have brightened my days up, i very rarely read forums but note that the rudest comments have came from farely new members to trade2win...im a sceptic so the other sceptics will know what im saying between the lines. Im in favour of systems and like to see where they get their entries and exxits from then i see if i can find the TA to enter them or not along with my own humble system. if this forum goes private i will still be here to chat to anyone who wants to have a second system to learn...ive had a few times where 2 of us bounce ideas off each other and we learn along the way. no 2 traders see the same so its confidence if you both say its a buy or sell etc..2 heads are better than one.

what i was suprised at was 30 members visit this and are members of DTI for the private forum..not bad work if you can get it Mr Rose

all the best to those who have it but id urge you to see why your entering the trades even for your own pleasure