The Daily Index Trader

Hmmm - is this a hospital pass??? I'm between jobs at present and have no understanding of what's involved at all, if I take a new job then I may not be able to do the role - my knowledge of trading also is not that great, hence why I bought the system. Whilst I'm happy to help I'd like to know what I'm letting myself in for here - could I ask that SteveB an any othe dudes with experience let me know what kinda cr@p I can expect to come my way. Equally if I get fed up with the cr@p how does the forum close down? Thanks

Hi baldeagle,

thanks for your reply.

I am as inexperienced as you and the hardest part you are probably aware of from my post.

Anyway, I'll soldier on til, hopefully, we get a private forum and see how it goes. We should be able to have a more interesting thread then. :)

Now then Splitlink Thanks for some sage constructive comments - I have to admit that I'm coming to the same conclusion as you here - I think as I posted earlier that this is looking like a system back tested to fit rules with a front facing slick marketing machine (which has suckered me in c'est la vie - live and learn). Whilst if the forum does go private then presumably only purchasers of the system would be able to get in and I do think many of these will be new boys (like me) and we would miss (some) comments from experienced traders with value to add who have been round the block. Regards

The decisions that all of you are facing is no more than the one that faces thousands of traders every minute of every day. Let it run or cut it? Only you guys can come to that decision. It is difficult because, if you cut it it might start making money afterwards. That happens to all of us all the time but, if you cut it you must remember the lesson for the next time because, if you continue trading, there will be a next time quite soon.

Welcome to the club!

Hi baldeagle,

thanks for your reply.

I am as inexperienced as you and the hardest part you are probably aware of from my post.

Anyway, I'll soldier on til, hopefully, we get a private forum and see how it goes. We should be able to have a more interesting thread then. :)

Steve can we do this jointly - you look after the admin - I'll try talking to (or ignoring) some of the aggressive rude posters :innocent:

Steve can we do this jointly - you look after the admin - I'll try talking to (or ignoring) some of the aggressive rude posters :innocent:

Baldeagle, that is a great idea!

I shall allow you to deal with anything that may need a response. Meanwhile I shall just visit now and again and take care of the application for the private forum.

Many thanks :clap:

that's not actually a way to trade, "move far enough" ? that's actually a "hope" statement, rather than a trading statement based on fundamental/technical analysis showing a good percentage probability for trade entry.

I wasn't actually suggesting it was a way to trade, merely that only one and not both indices have to move far enough to profit. Goodness me, we are a little pedantic on here aren't we?

Hi Rich,

I wondered if you saw something in the charts today that made you stay out. I think we've seen from all the statisticians that they can't explain why it works. But only why it shouldn't work. Yet from results it patently does.

Life is full of such mysteries. Sorry you missed on the profit today though and let's hope that T2W pull their finger out and get back to us about the private forum soon :)

Hi SteveBanks, how I'd love to comment that I had some wisdom here, but in reality I decided not to trade on the basis that DIT is going through a bad patch. I don't have a problem missing out today as the result could easily have been a loss. My enhanced profits plan said to trade based on past results and today it won, however last Friday it didn't
As I understand it, rather than a system based on correlation, its loosely based on countering a trend, and as such we could use a number of indices which react similarly to the global economic climate. I suspect that the previous year's stats show that overall the DAX/CAC follow a path that may continue for a long time, and that at certain points it doesn't behave. This is not wisdom, I think we all know it from trying this out.
Not to be seen as a marketeer for Martin C, I think he may be right, and if you keep following this with a strict regime, it may come good. DIT may not be everyones cup of tea, however for those who don't have the time to play with the system it should have been ideal.

As for my strategy if you can call it that; I already have MM in place so no worries there. My next rule for me was if it wins after a losing run get in again, and if it loses again get out, so I will be trading tomorrow. I will tell you another rule I have in the private forum, but these are just my simple ideas as I have got to start somewhere and develop my experiences .

I guess I don't have a problem with others dismissing my 'strategy ' if you can call it that, as I am a realist, and if DIT doesn't work for me, I will look for something else. I refuse to believe that all of us got in to DIT because we were desperate to believe the hype, and in the same vein I refuse to believe Martin C is a con artist. Good luck to all of us tomorrow.

On a final note, I like this forum and the members in it, please all keep it constructive and with a bit of humour, sad I know, but it brightens up my day to hear of success or intelligent banter. I wish I had more time to trade and interface with you all, Cheers Rich 3

Hi All,
I'm very very new to this type of thing, but I recently bought DIT because it seemed a simple way of finding a straightforward way of learning how to trade and picking up a lot of Knowledge along the way.:)
However since reading through all this thread DIT is not straightforward and if its going to work long-term for its users a bit of time is needed to see how it all pans out!:cool:
I also play in sports/Horse racing and if one things for sure every System i follow hits a bad patch!
Now again remember I am probably the greenest on this whole forum, but to slag of a new system after a short time of being "Live" is plain daft give it a chance....paper trade is surely the way forward & considering there are guys that independently used this before it was available and it worked well says to me there is something more to be gained by giving it chance to prove its got potential rather then dismiss it after just a few weeks use.
Its the same the world over when somebody pays hard cash for something such as this they want instant results/profit straight from the box-Sadly Life's not like this,reality always kicks in, and for most the hunt goes on for the next best thing since sliced bread!:sleep:

Anyway I'm finding all this really intresting and would also like to be added to the Private when it becomes active...if thats ok!:)

I do have one que. I saw someone said they're down 16% on their acc. Why on earth did you jump in with two feet with a live account? Surely better to test with pennies (ie 10p a pip) or on a demo acc? I'd never take a strategy and run with it immediately, it would be naive to do so imo.

Hi SteveBanks, how I'd love to comment that I had some wisdom here, but in reality I decided not to trade on the basis that DIT is going through a bad patch. I don't have a problem missing out today as the result could easily have been a loss. My enhanced profits plan said to trade based on past results and today it won, however last Friday it didn't
As I understand it, rather than a system based on correlation, its loosely based on countering a trend, and as such we could use a number of indices which react similarly to the global economic climate. I suspect that the previous year's stats show that overall the DAX/CAC follow a path that may continue for a long time, and that at certain points it doesn't behave. This is not wisdom, I think we all know it from trying this out.
Not to be seen as a marketeer for Martin C, I think he may be right, and if you keep following this with a strict regime, it may come good. DIT may not be everyones cup of tea, however for those who don't have the time to play with the system it should have been ideal.

As for my strategy if you can call it that; I already have MM in place so no worries there. My next rule for me was if it wins after a losing run get in again, and if it loses again get out, so I will be trading tomorrow. I will tell you another rule I have in the private forum, but these are just my simple ideas as I have got to start somewhere and develop my experiences .

I guess I don't have a problem with others dismissing my 'strategy ' if you can call it that, as I am a realist, and if DIT doesn't work for me, I will look for something else. I refuse to believe that all of us got in to DIT because we were desperate to believe the hype, and in the same vein I refuse to believe Martin C is a con artist. Good luck to all of us tomorrow.

On a final note, I like this forum and the members in it, please all keep it constructive and with a bit of humour, sad I know, but it brightens up my day to hear of success or intelligent banter. I wish I had more time to trade and interface with you all, Cheers Rich 3

Hi Rich3 - as you'll have seen SteveB is looking after admin and I'm replying where necesary. My view is provided views are expressed with thought and you do have your own strategy and MM then all well and good. I do think when we go private there will be more ideas coming to the fore.

Personally I'm reserving judgement a bit yet but if nothing else I've learned alot since I came to this forum. FYI there is a guy posting his trades live and is quite successful but is getting absolutely crucified by some of the senior and legendary members and I'm not sure why other than he's also selling an education package (but you don't have to buy it!!) - so sharing the admin may or may not suit me but lets see what tomorrow brings

Hi All,
I'm very very new to this type of thing, but I recently bought DIT because it seemed a simple way of finding a straightforward way of learning how to trade and picking up a lot of Knowledge along the way.:)
However since reading through all this thread DIT is not straightforward and if its going to work long-term for its users a bit of time is needed to see how it all pans out!:cool:
I also play in sports/Horse racing and if one things for sure every System i follow hits a bad patch!
Now again remember I am probably the greenest on this whole forum, but to slag of a new system after a short time of being "Live" is plain daft give it a chance....paper trade is surely the way forward & considering there are guys that independently used this before it was available and it worked well says to me there is something more to be gained by giving it chance to prove its got potential rather then dismiss it after just a few weeks use.
Its the same the world over when somebody pays hard cash for something such as this they want instant results/profit straight from the box-Sadly Life's not like this,reality always kicks in, and for most the hunt goes on for the next best thing since sliced bread!:sleep:

Anyway I'm finding all this really intresting and would also like to be added to the Private when it becomes active...if thats ok!:)

No probs - steveB please add.

I agree with your comments although my personal preference is to forward test with real money (paper trading or demo you may not always get in at the price you want of exit when you think). Whilst Gekko has been slated in this thread you can use it for small sums as you can Finspreadss. Goog luck

I do have one que. I saw someone said they're down 16% on their acc. Why on earth did you jump in with two feet with a live account? Surely better to test with pennies (ie 10p a pip) or on a demo acc? I'd never take a strategy and run with it immediately, it would be naive to do so imo.

Dubai that was me - now 16% down on £100k account would be one question - 16% down on £100 account is another - I didn't say how much I'm down so why do you assume I'm not testing with a small account. My view is that forward testing a system with real money proves it or disproves it - paper trading and demo just aren't the same.

I echo your sentiments though on testing - it needs to be done before jumping in with size 12's.

Not able to get to a PC this morning so didn't trade (like someone else here?) So missed the win, which is sad.

Steve please put me on the private list.

I had lost patience with the system yesterday ago but seeing the Sod's Law success in my absence I may well give it one more go tomorrow.

Maybe it's like quantum mechanics - the system behaves differently depending on whether an observer is taking part in an experiment or not.

Well done georgeo,

good luck tomorrow(y)

Thanks Steve.

Incidentally, don't forget there is a (somewhat calmer and) private forum over at SFT which was setup very efficiently and quickly, no having to wait around for weeks like here (that's no fault of yours of course).

And I have a shortcut which takes me straight into it without me having to reenter my forum login details, or the password for the thread itself (I know you've posted about having problems with that in the past - maybe check cookies?).

BTW I have no affiliation with SFT, I just found it (and here) after reading the thread on MMR.

My view is that forward testing a system with real money proves it or disproves it - paper trading and demo just aren't the same.

With a system that apparently just gives a signal to buy/sell and set up a couple of orders, there shouldn't be much difference between paper and real trading.

With a system that apparently just gives a signal to buy/sell and set up a couple of orders, there shouldn't be much difference between paper and real trading.

Actually I disagree (certainly in the short term) as the recent results have shown the timing differences on placing two trades together has meant that people have different results - some have been stopped out on both by a gnats whisker whereas others have reversed and won a trade. I guess over the longer term these small close calls would even out but real money (even a small account) - don't get me wrong I'm not talking big bucks tends to make the forward test more valid IMO. Cheers

Hi baldeagle,

I've made a note of Wildwaters and Astarte3141 for the private forum. Thanks for what your doing it's much appreciated.:)

By the way I see that the BBC chap Andrew Marr was quoted in the papers today talking about internet bloggers.

He said: "A lot of bloggers seem to be socially inadequate, pimpled, single, slightly seedy, bald, cauliflower-nosed young men sitting in their mother's basement and ranting." :LOL:

He's a man after my own heart :LOL:

Good luck tomorrow(y)

Hi All,

I agree with every word you've written wildwaters.

Welcome and good luck with your trading (y)

Hi baldeagle,

I've made a note of Wildwaters and Astarte3141 for the private forum. Thanks for what your doing it's much appreciated.:)

By the way I see that the BBC chap Andrew Marr was quoted in the papers today talking about internet bloggers.

He said: "A lot of bloggers seem to be socially inadequate, pimpled, single, slightly seedy, bald, cauliflower-nosed young men sitting in their mother's basement and ranting." :LOL:

He's a man after my own heart :LOL:

Good luck tomorrow(y)

Where can we find your blog, then?:D