The Daily Index Trader

Why do you keep making personal attacks when you were the one who was throwing your toys out of the pram because you thought other people were doing it to you? Most of your posts accuse others of making sweeping generalisations or not being constructive, even when it isn't true.
It would be more useful if you and other DIT users posted their daily/cumulative points p&l.

Not very pretty - account down 16% and running a 67% success rate (am using the enhanced version of the staking plan) - on a flat rate it is 4.2% up and simple compound is 0.5% down - I was lucky! that I had a good run before the recent poor run. I do agree that the bitching that takes place adds nothing to the forum and this is two way from both the detractors and the defenders of this method.

For my twopence worth trading insults just does no good - it raises heckles and all we get is unwanted noise in the forums - bit like the smaller timeframe charts really! So say what you want in a concise and constructive manner but don't go spouting back vehemently if you take an opposing view.

In the words of the black curly haired and moustachioed scouser "carm down, carm down":cool:

Why do you keep making personal attacks when you were the one who was throwing your toys out of the pram because you thought other people were doing it to you? Most of your posts accuse others of making sweeping generalisations or not being constructive, even when it isn't true.
It would be more useful if you and other DIT users posted their daily/cumulative points p&l.

Hi ross spur,

there will be a lot more discussion and exchange of views if the private forum is set up. But I'm sure you won't be interested in that.

I think the private messages in sympathy for me having to deal with posts that aren't based on fact or are plain wrong tells me all I need to know. I really don't understand why you bother to read the this thread. If I were you I'd send the system back for a refund and calm down. You must have something better to do. Surely.

Not very pretty - account down 16% and running a 67% success rate (am using the enhanced version of the staking plan) - on a flat rate it is 4.2% up and simple compound is 0.5% down - I was lucky! that I had a good run before the recent poor run. I do agree that the bitching that takes place adds nothing to the forum and this is two way from both the detractors and the defenders of this method.

For my twopence worth trading insults just does no good - it raises heckles and all we get is unwanted noise in the forums - bit like the smaller timeframe charts really! So say what you want in a concise and constructive manner but don't go spouting back vehemently if you take an opposing view.

In the words of the black curly haired and moustachioed scouser "carm down, carm down":cool:

Thank you for that baldeagle. Much appreciated.(y)

Well I'm past the time for returning this so we'll see - the good news is I get the gekko bonus shortly. BTW SteveB did Gekko refund yesterday as CAC went to hit target?

No. And there customer service is atrocious. I'm going back to IG Index. Should never have left them. :)

I requested a cashout from Gekko on FRIDAY and still they haven't bothered processing it yet...

I've returned my manual & received my money back. The 12 months result shown is doubtful. But it's difficult to prove it, that's the trick;

Three reasons why this system will never work;

1) 1:2 winning v losing ratio

2) system relies on dax/cac moving in one direction until profit hit, very unlikely

3) A good trader looks at maket conditons & often decides not to trade. With this system your trading whatever the waether.

I'm someone who has bought the manual & tried it. If you think your going to make any money with this system, your kidding yourself. You might get the odd winning days & get all excited, but trust me the system doesn't make sense.

These are all reasonable reasons why it might fail.
1) ratio of win:loss means you have to hit a high win rate, which means when an inevitable losing streaky occurs you get a big drawdown
2) the way the system hopes for the dax/cac to move is based on luck more than by any fundamental or technical reason (as far as I am aware?)
3) and yes a good trader should only enter a position when the entry ticks all the technical/fundamental boxes.

Taking the reverse argument of this post, it would interesting to get anyone's views on "why" the DIT might not fail?

Hi baldeagle,

I have noticed that maybe your temperament and analysis of trades etc.. is very much better than mine. (I'm afraid I do have trouble understanding certain types you get on the internet).

So I would like to ask you to take over the administration of the private forum. It would be much appreciated. Thanking you in anticipation.

S

woo hoo! A winner today!
Does anyone have experience of placing orders earlier - i.e.7.30 am?
And Steve B - you do yourself down. I reckon you have the patience of Job.

I've returned my manual & received my money back. The 12 months result shown is doubtful. But it's difficult to prove it, that's the trick;

Three reasons why this system will never work;

1) 1:2 winning v losing ratio

2) system relies on dax/cac moving in one direction until profit hit, very unlikely

3) A good trader looks at maket conditons & often decides not to trade. With this system your trading whatever the waether.

I'm someone who has bought the manual & tried it. If you think your going to make any money with this system, your kidding yourself. You might get the odd winning days & get all excited, but trust me the system doesn't make sense.

You have a point with your first comment, but #2 - hmmm, surely only needs Dax OR Cac to move far enough- a bit more likely?, #3) Agree 100%- You simply cannot trade 'blind'.

As for the past 12 months results- these should be easy enough to qauntify as we know exactly what was traded and at what time. Time consuming no doubt, but possible. As a Beta tester I can state categrically that the results posted for July and August are 100% accurate. I had a run of 17 consecutive profitable trades but have suffered recently along with everyone else, although now the test is finished I no longer trade unless I think there is a high probability of success. I pointed out very early in the test that my only real concern was the 'double-whammy' nature of the losers, but the test was ultimately very successful.

Its been useful getting lots of feedback from members, and over the last 2 - 3 weeks recognising the limitations of the DIT. Sorry to see some others have thrown in the towel, and like some here, I am not trading the DIT today. Interesting comment about reverse trading the DIT, but Gekko platform does not appear to allow you to look at the historical movements very well. Will talk to IG at some point, but will see how this week pans out.
Due to my limitations of knowledge and time to trade, I am keen on set and forget trades, but DIT seems to depend on blind faith, however somewhere on this forum may be the key to making this work or a variant...which is why I am here still. Good luck to everyone trading today, and to Martin C or else his retirement plans may have to go back to the drawing board. Cheers, Rich 3

Hi Rich,

I wondered if you saw something in the charts today that made you stay out. I think we've seen from all the statisticians that they can't explain why it works. But only why it shouldn't work. Yet from results it patently does.

Life is full of such mysteries. Sorry you missed on the profit today though and let's hope that T2W pull their finger out and get back to us about the private forum soon :)

Hi ross spur,

there will be a lot more discussion and exchange of views if the private forum is set up. But I'm sure you won't be interested in that.

I think the private messages in sympathy for me having to deal with posts that aren't based on fact or are plain wrong tells me all I need to know. I really don't understand why you bother to read the this thread. If I were you I'd send the system back for a refund and calm down. You must have something better to do. Surely.

There you go again...

FYI, I read this thread because I'm interested in trading systems. It's odd that you think I'd have bought DIT, if you'd read anything I've posted.

There you go again...

FYI, I read this thread because I'm interested in trading systems. It's odd that you think I'd have bought DIT, if you'd read anything I've posted.

Thank goodness, at least if it goes private we'll get some peace.

but #2 - hmmm, surely only needs Dax OR Cac to move far enough- a bit more likely?

that's not actually a way to trade, "move far enough" ? that's actually a "hope" statement, rather than a trading statement based on fundamental/technical analysis showing a good percentage probability for trade entry.

Sods law

For the 1st time since starting the DIT I couldn't trade today and its a winner - ah well

SteveBanks- you do a great job on this forum and should stay on to be the admin/mod, if you didn't you would be missed. In my opinion don't take negative comments too personally and just let them go over your head. Constructive comments whether good or bad are always welcome. When it becomes a private forum hopefully we can come up with a tweak here and there to improve the system

I understand and sympathise with those who have invested in DIT. If I was in their position I would have to consider the 45 days limit, which must be running out for some. Is it going to work, or isn't it? No problem for those on the outside but a headache for those on the inside because the latter have to trade to prove that the system works, so it is not just the investment in the system but the trading, itself, that is at stake.

If I could give my opinion on the matter it would be that correlation between any index is a waste of time. Correlation between two European indices is worse. They are, all, going to go up or down together. Pick one and work it out. Do not play one against the other because, although one may do better than another who can tell, from day to day, which one it is?

As an example, take cable and Euro/US$. Euro/GBP is simply a correlation of the two former instruments. Money can be made on it, but is it worth the time when one can trade the others? Perhaps, but I don't think so. Nevertheless, it is much better than trading CNC against Dax.

Anyway, go on your private forum. That way, you will be free from outside opinion

Hi baldeagle,

I have noticed that maybe your temperament and analysis of trades etc.. is very much better than mine. (I'm afraid I do have trouble understanding certain types you get on the internet).

So I would like to ask you to take over the administration of the private forum. It would be much appreciated. Thanking you in anticipation.

S

Hmmm - is this a hospital pass??? I'm between jobs at present and have no understanding of what's involved at all, if I take a new job then I may not be able to do the role - my knowledge of trading also is not that great, hence why I bought the system. Whilst I'm happy to help I'd like to know what I'm letting myself in for here - could I ask that SteveB an any othe dudes with experience let me know what kinda cr@p I can expect to come my way. Equally if I get fed up with the cr@p how does the forum close down? Thanks

Hmmm - is this a hospital pass??? I'm between jobs at present and have no understanding of what's involved at all, if I take a new job then I may not be able to do the role - my knowledge of trading also is not that great, hence why I bought the system. Whilst I'm happy to help I'd like to know what I'm letting myself in for here - could I ask that SteveB an any othe dudes with experience let me know what kinda cr@p I can expect to come my way. Equally if I get fed up with the cr@p how does the forum close down? Thanks

Do it if you've ever wanted to be a bouncer at the Mad Hatter's tea party.

I understand and sympathise with those who have invested in DIT. If I was in their position I would have to consider the 45 days limit, which must be running out for some. Is it going to work, or isn't it? No problem for those on the outside but a headache for those on the inside because the latter have to trade to prove that the system works, so it is not just the investment in the system but the trading, itself, that is at stake.

If I could give my opinion on the matter it would be that correlation between any index is a waste of time. Correlation between two European indices is worse. They are, all, going to go up or down together. Pick one and work it out. Do not play one against the other because, although one may do better than another who can tell, from day to day, which one it is?

As an example, take cable and Euro/US$. Euro/GBP is simply a correlation of the two former instruments. Money can be made on it, but is it worth the time when one can trade the others? Perhaps, but I don't think so. Nevertheless, it is much better than trading CNC against Dax.

Anyway, go on your private forum. That way, you will be free from outside opinion

Now then Splitlink Thanks for some sage constructive comments - I have to admit that I'm coming to the same conclusion as you here - I think as I posted earlier that this is looking like a system back tested to fit rules with a front facing slick marketing machine (which has suckered me in c'est la vie - live and learn). Whilst if the forum does go private then presumably only purchasers of the system would be able to get in and I do think many of these will be new boys (like me) and we would miss (some) comments from experienced traders with value to add who have been round the block. Regards

Last edited:
Sods law

For the 1st time since starting the DIT I couldn't trade today and its a winner - ah well

SteveBanks- you do a great job on this forum and should stay on to be the admin/mod, if you didn't you would be missed. In my opinion don't take negative comments too personally and just let them go over your head. Constructive comments whether good or bad are always welcome. When it becomes a private forum hopefully we can come up with a tweak here and there to improve the system

I wondered where you were this morning :D

Sod's law indeed. It's easy to say don't take negative comments too personally but I am not the sort of person who feels comfortable on these forums. They're populated by the type of people who I can happily avoid in real life. It's like torture having to read some of the nonsense they post.

Until recently I hardly ever looked at forums. Then after my interest in DIT along with some of you other guys I volunteered to try and get us a private forum.

Then the posts started from those who seem to inhabit the net; crawling from thread to thread and blurting out rubbish. Sorry, but I like to live in the real world.

What I shall do is ignore the nonsense til we can get the private forum (hopefully soon) and then the atmosphere should be much better. I am sure that there are some guys who haven't said much yet (because it's not private) but will come up with some interesting thoughts on how we can maybe get a bit more out of the DIT theory.

It should be fascinating.

Good luck tomorrow (y)