The Daily Index Trader

And don't know wheather people have heard of the Net Trap system? I'm not much of a fan of that system eigther, but one thing I have to give credit with the Net Trap system is that, if the market conditions looks unfavourable it gives you a signal not to trade. With DIT there is no such signal, you just dive in.

Correct!

Over the years I've read many books on trading. I generally take one with me on beach holidays because I can only absorb information when I'm relaxed. One thing that many of the intra day traders comment on is 'the state of the market'. In effect a trader can be in one of three positions; Long, Short or Flat. Most of the famous traders constantly comment on how long the spend 'flat' waiting for the moment to enter. That would be another thing against DIT in my opinion - it makes no attempt to filter trades based on even simple price analysis - this leads the system into 'over trading' (I mentioned this in an earlier post - each trade costs 2 index points to enter and the system trades over 20 times per month).

I've seen Forex Net Trap and again results don't seem to be quite as good as the advertising suggests but your point is very valid - the system at least analyses price action in order to select slightly more advantagous set ups.

Correct!

Over the years I've read many books on trading. I generally take one with me on beach holidays because I can only absorb information when I'm relaxed. One thing that many of the intra day traders comment on is 'the state of the market'. In effect a trader can be in one of three positions; Long, Short or Flat. Most of the famous traders constantly comment on how long the spend 'flat' waiting for the moment to enter. That would be another thing against DIT in my opinion - it makes no attempt to filter trades based on even simple price analysis - this leads the system into 'over trading' (I mentioned this in an earlier post - each trade costs 2 index points to enter and the system trades over 20 times per month).

I've seen Forex Net Trap and again results don't seem to be quite as good as the advertising suggests but your point is very valid - the system at least analyses price action in order to select slightly more advantagous set ups.

good point, you are right, the problem with DIT is it trades every day when the markets are going nowhere, leading to over-trading and as we know DIT losers are expensive ones! You'd be better to be out of the market or dealing with a longer time frame in that environment.

good point, you are right, the problem with DIT is it trades every day when the markets are going nowhere, leading to over-trading and as we know DIT losers are expensive ones! You'd be better to be out of the market or dealing with a longer time frame in that environment.

To maximise its chance of success, you'd think DIT would at least consider multiple correlated (or un-correlated) markets and suggest a trade that gave the most favourable 'trigger'.

I am affraid after a three weeks of loss, I was nearly 50% down so decided to cut my losses! I returned DIT last Friday and received confirmation today from Paypal that Canonbury had refunded the money.
That is a plus for Canonbury as Agora do not refund this quickly!
Anyway good luck to all that are continuing with DIT. I will continue to monitor the forum periodically and if the comments indicate you are all making a profit, I will consider buying DIT again.

Thanks all for your comments ( good and bad) on the system and good luck!

I am affraid after a three weeks of loss, I was nearly 50% down so decided to cut my losses! I returned DIT last Friday and received confirmation today from Paypal that Canonbury had refunded the money.
Anyway good luck to all that are continuing with DIT. I will continue to monitor the forum periodically and if the comments indicate you are all making a profit, I will consider buying DIT again.

Thanks girl,

good luck with your trading(y)

Hi Giri, I think I'll join you. Time to fold as the poker players would say.

DAX still running but it will still be losing day as the CAC was a loss of 2.4% for me and the DAX would be a win of 1.4% if it hits its target - so yet another losing day. So that will be 7 out of the last 8 losing trades (in terms of cash) whatever happens.

hi boys & girls ive sent mine back as well, thanks to steve b & all the rest of you over the last 4 weeks for the comments, i will still keep in touch with the forum , i wish you all the best of luck with your trading with or without DIT

This is a good point and I have covered it many times on this and other forums, you need to carry out your own due diligence, don't just dive in blindfolded! Check for news announcements, trends, support/pivots, etc. If it looks like a flat or non-trending day- don't use DIT as you are likely to be giving many £££ to the broker- you can't really hope to succeed otherwise. I know, (because I keep getting told), it's supposed to be 'set & forget' and that would be great, but I think it's worth a bit of thought first. One of the biggest revelations for me was the stark realisation that I didn't have to trade every day.

Hi all, I am having troubles with my evaluator, step 3 says the cell is protected and read only I have to go into the sheet and enter a password, does anyone know what this password is? I emailed Martin yesterday morning but he hasnt got back to me, when i first took out DIT he would reply within the hour, seems as though now everything is going down hill now. Is anyone still using it, or has everyone sent theirs back for a refund?

Seriously, how is that constructive?

Seriously, it makes the point that you shouldn't take a trade when the set-up isn't right. DIT would probably give far better results if it didn't oblige you to make a trade every day, or if it included more markets.

Hi all, I am having troubles with my evaluator, step 3 says the cell is protected and read only I have to go into the sheet and enter a password, does anyone know what this password is? I emailed Martin yesterday morning but he hasnt got back to me, when i first took out DIT he would reply within the hour, seems as though now everything is going down hill now. Is anyone still using it, or has everyone sent theirs back for a refund?

Hi Ian,

are you sure you're entering the price correctly with decimal point etc in the right place?

I had what I think is the same problem and it was due to entering the price correctly.

Just a thought :)