The Daily Index Trader

Has everybody else done the same as me? Long DAX, short CAC? With the CAC roaring away and hitting the stop loss but the DAX seeming very sluggish and reluctant to follow?

Obviously remains to be seen what happens later but I'm getting a bad feeling and I think I may well fall off the fence now on the side of the sceptics.

Steve B I'm sorry you are leaving and I appeal for you to return. If somebody annoys you or insults you just ignore them!

Its not performing well at present and yes CAC roared away (wrong direction) but what I did see on Gekko this morning was the % change in each instrument differed at 9.15 - it came back close into line but by then we had a divergence in our pricing as the indices moved back to correlate. I don't know if there is a way of looking back at results if we only trade when the two indices correlate.

In any event I'm not sure this method is so much about correlation as about continuing trends - we effectively trust the long or short to continue to hit our TP. What we've seen in whipsawing taking both out - needs some more studying me thinks and reflection

"There are a lot of people on here that want to make this work"

You shouldn't have to make it work, it should work for itself, that's the whole point of a system.

"It is always everyone else's fault they are sat in dark flat with a pot noodle looking on facebook for new 'friends' whilst attacking those that see their lives as half full instead of half empty."

Your the one who slagging of other people, I can't see anything constructive in your comment.

"It is a long term strategy that should be part of our overall trading strategies."

"You shouldn't have to make it work, it should work for itself, that's the whole point of a system." I was talking about the forum

"Your the one who slagging of other people, I can't see anything constructive in your comment." You have never had anything constructive to say on this forum and have made several personal attacks on one of the members which i want you to stop. Hit a nerve have i?

That's it, you keep on saying that to yourself,if it makes you feel better

And yes it does make me feel better to think that this would be used as part of my long term trading strategy. Its clear you want to make a quick buck and its everyone else's fault you havent.

Gekko just gets more and more dodgy.

My CAC stop was hit this morning because Gekko was quoting prices 2 points higher than IG and other providers. My stop was placed at 3780.06. The highest the market went was 3778.8. But because Gekko were quoting 2 points higher they reached 3780.08. JUST!

Which just took me out.

When I rang for an explanation they were very flustered and after holding they came back to me and said that they were quoting 1 point higher. I asked why but they couldn't say. In fact they were wriggling because 1 point higher wouldn't have taken me out of my position they were quoting 2 points higher. (They have changed to quoting only 1 point higher as I write)

I have emailed their compliance department as they said I should and I have told them I expect to have my profit honoured if CAC continues down and hits my profit target.

It makes a mockery of the quoted spread they charge if they are quoting higher prices than others to begin with.

Gekko has been nothing but trouble since I started using them. I would strongly urge anyone who isn't with them not to bother. You are likely to lose more than the bonus they offer because of their inefficiency and deception on prices.

I am going back to IG Index.

S

Last edited:
And yes it does make me feel better to think that this would be used as part of my long term trading strategy. Its clear you want to make a quick buck and its everyone else's fault you havent.

LOL!!! talk hitting a raw nerve

My CAC stop was hit this morning because Gekko was quoting prices 2 points higher than IG and other providers. My stop was placed at 3780.06. The highest the market went was 3778.8. But because Gekko were quoting 2 points higher they reached 378.08. JUST!

Which just took me out.

When I rang for an explanation they were very flustered and after holding they came back to me and said that they were quoting 1 point higher. I asked why but they couldn't say. In fact they were wriggling because 1 point higher wouldn't have taken me out of my position they were quoting 2 points higher. (They have changed to quoting only 1 point higher as I write)

I have emailed their compliance department as they said I should and I have told them I expect to have my profit honoured if CAC continues down and hits my profit target.

It makes a mockery of the quoted spread they charge if they are quoting higher prices than others to begin with.

Gekko has been nothing but trouble since I started using them. I would strongly urge anyone who isn't with them not to bother. You are likely to lose more than the bonus they offer because of their inefficiency and deception on prices.

S

I am fairly sure I only started losing trades since I started using Gekko, IG Index may be more expensive but their service has always been second to none.

Back to IG Index for me too.

My CAC stop was hit this morning because Gekko was quoting prices 2 points higher than IG and other providers. My stop was placed at 3780.06. The highest the market went was 3778.8. But because Gekko were quoting 2 points higher they reached 378.08. JUST!

Which just took me out.

S

Good spot, my stop loss was also 3780.06 exactly. Will also email Gekko.

Thanks.

Which just took me out.

S

Gekko platform is not the most reliable, but do you know why it's been recommended by the author? becuase when you click the link to open an account with gekko on the evalutor, the author gets a cash bonus, because he's bringing in customers.

Gekko platform is not the most reliable, but do you know why it's been recommended by the author? becuase when you click the link to open an account with gekko on the evalutor, the author gets a cash bonus, because he's bringing in customers.

You're absolutely right there princetrader. Mark Rose even admitted that when I emailed him about it.

Not a good sign when Gekko are so bad. :|

is the daily index trader produced by the same guy that produced the sure fire trader ? im sure i can remember this mark rose bloke pushing gekko markets with the sure fire trading manual

is the daily index trader produced by the same guy that produced the sure fire trader ? im sure i can remember this mark rose bloke pushing gekko markets with the sure fire trading manual

Oh dear. Yes, I believe it is the same Mark Rose from what others have posted. :|

SteveB I had the same SL as you for CAC - when I look at the chart the high was 3779.75 - as the CAC was a sell and the chart reflects the sell price then a buy (to close my position) would be at 3780.75 so therefore the stop would be taken out? or have I got it wrong and if so how do I complain? Thanks

SteveB I had the same SL as you for CAC - when I look at the chart the high was 3779.75 - as the CAC was a sell and the chart reflects the sell price then a buy (to close my position) would be at 3780.75 so therefore the stop would be taken out? or have I got it wrong and if so how do I complain? Thanks

Good morning baldeagle,

the situation is that Gekko were quoting prices two points above IG and other providers. So if your stop was the same as mine (3780.06) you shouldn't have been stopped out.

The highest the market went (and you can see by looking at the 9am candle at IG) was 3778.8.

But because of Gekko they had the market reaching 2 points higher at 3780.8. Just taking me out. And of course CAC has been going down ever since.

If your figures are the same as mine you need to email [email protected] and outline your complaint and ask for the profit to be honoured if CAC hits the profit target.

After my phone call they started quoting only 1 point higher, which is still ridiculous and if that had been the case earlier I wouldn't have been stopped out.

Gekko are seriously bad news. I've had more issues with them in a short space of time than I've had with IG Index in 10 years.

S

Good morning baldeagle,

the situation is that Gekko were quoting prices two points above IG and other providers. So if your stop was the same as mine (3780.06) you shouldn't have been stopped out.

The highest the market went (and you can see by looking at the 9am candle at IG) was 3778.8.

But because of Gekko they had the market reaching 2 points higher at 3780.8. Just taking me out. And of course CAC has been going down ever since.

If your figures are the same as mine you need to email [email protected] and outline your complaint and ask for the profit to be honoured if CAC hits the profit target.

After my phone call they started quoting only 1 point higher, which is still ridiculous and if that had been the case earlier I wouldn't have been stopped out.

Gekko are seriously bad news. I've had more issues with them in a short space of time than I've had with IG Index in 10 years.

S

Steve sorry I'm being slow here - don't different SB firms have different feeds and therefore a variation in their prices? or is the price the price but which graph do we take it from - as I mentioned Gekko showed 3779.75 but to buy would be 1pt higher at 3780.75. If you start using IG then presumably you would need to amend your figures to compensate for the larger spread? Thanks

I have just received a phone call from Gekko. From a woman who didn't seem to have any grasp of the situation at all. And when she rang she didn't say what company she was ringing from so expected me to be a mind reader.

So there you have it. Even Gekko's customer service is woefully bad on top of everything else.

I am withdrawing all my funds today having worked out, that even allowing for the charge IG make for the guaranteed stops and even the £500 bonus I am foregoing, I would be much better off over the long run. I strongly urge all of you to to the same.

S

I have just received a phone call from Gekko. From a woman who didn't seem to have any grasp of the situation at all. And when she rang she didn't say what company she was ringing from so expected me to be a mind reader.

So there you have it. Even Gekko's customer service is woefully bad on top of everything else.

I am withdrawing all my funds today having worked out, that even allowing for the charge IG make for the guaranteed stops and even the £500 bonus I am foregoing, I would be much better off over the long run. I strongly urge all of you to to the same.

S

Is there any way we can get Carter and/or Rose to deliver an account of the bonuses they have received from Gekko? Doesn't their relationship put them in a conflict of interest position as supposedly independent publishers?

I have been willing to be positive like you Steve but I have to say this is now sounding more and more like a simple scam.

This is also why they can afford to refund you after the 45 day trial, because they will keep Gekko commissions.. It's a WIN/WIN for DIT :(

Steve sorry I'm being slow here - don't different SB firms have different feeds and therefore a variation in their prices? or is the price the price but which graph do we take it from - as I mentioned Gekko showed 3779.75 but to buy would be 1pt higher at 3780.75. If you start using IG then presumably you would need to amend your figures to compensate for the larger spread? Thanks

Hi Baldeaglebloke, do you or anyone else know of a good platform with tight spreads? Ive shut my account with Gekko today. Same problems as most people on here today, ive been stopped out when i shouldnt. Normally i would take this on the chin but it has happened with Gekko on a few occasions when i have been trading currencies. IG Index seems an obvious choice, anyone had any experience with Capital Spreads or could suggest another platform? Im not too bothered about any gimmicks or bonuses, just something that works. Any help would be appreciated.

Hi Baldeaglebloke, do you or anyone else know of a good platform with tight spreads? Ive shut my account with Gekko today. Same problems as most people on here today, ive been stopped out when i shouldnt. Normally i would take this on the chin but it has happened with Gekko on a few occasions when i have been trading currencies. IG Index seems an obvious choice, anyone had any experience with Capital Spreads or could suggest another platform? Im not too bothered about any gimmicks or bonuses, just something that works. Any help would be appreciated.

I've always like IG.

I have just withdrawn my money from Gekko too. I use IG Index and ETX Capital. I find both to be good.

As I trade the FTSE quite a bit IG minimum is £2 per pip so use ETX who have £1 per pip.