The Daily Index Trader

Hi Linpips - hopefully its a bull flag on the 60 min time frame waiting to break the high's of the day, we need the DOW to rally at the open...fingers crossed for this one. I went to Thorpe park last week, and this feels like I am back on "Stealth" at the moment. Enhanced strategy has increased the stakes significantly!

The CAC, previously thinking about going north, currently appears to be heading south. I am a DIT trader of only a few days' experience and would ask do you all still have faith? Have you been here before?

Hi all,
Am I too late to get on the list Steve B? Please addme if poss.
A little worried about start - 3 losses on the trot after 2 wins and worse still I can't do Wednesdays!
Ah wel - hang in there!

Hi Neil- Pilky/Linpips...The Enhanced strategy didn't raise my stakes yesterday but today was the full 2 weeks for me and the stakes went up significantly...I would love to monitor this trade once the DOW opens but have a meeting then, hopefully there is some good upside to be had today...

Hi Astarte - got to have faith, this is a long term system, although in hindsight I'd wish i'd started on 5% initial risk rather that 7.2% as the stakes did alarm me when they popped up this morning and the loosing run has dented the account quite significantly - but Rome wasn't built in a day so got to continue with it.

Cheers.

The CAC, previously thinking about going north, currently appears to be heading south. I am a DIT trader of only a few days' experience and would ask do you all still have faith? Have you been here before?

Hi Astarte3141

I still have faith and im sure there are a lot of others on here who will agree! This is a long term strategy and you need to base your results and performance on a monthly basis or even quarterly i think. It has performed over the last 12 months. I dont know anyone who would think a return of over 680% is a poor return (based upon the last 12 months). If you use this as a long term investment and use the same returns i have quoted above then you dont have anything to worry about. Even if the next 12 months dont perform as well and you half that figure and compound say £1000 @ 340% per annum return it doesnt take too long to build up a pretty decent fund for yourself. Compound those returns over 5 years and see how it looks! Personally i am using this strategy for growth purposes, i dont intend to take any profits as i have a job, so i am just letting it grow. I am frustrated with it at the moment, i experienced 18 consecutive winning days last month so at the moment it is very frustrating. I think the best thing to do is just place your trades and get on with your normal day. If you have a sensible approach to money management you should be fine.

Hi Astarte3141

I still have faith and im sure there are a lot of others on here who will agree! This is a long term strategy and you need to base your results and performance on a monthly basis or even quarterly i think. It has performed over the last 12 months. I dont know anyone who would think a return of over 680% is a poor return (based upon the last 12 months). If you use this as a long term investment and use the same returns i have quoted above then you dont have anything to worry about. Even if the next 12 months dont perform as well and you half that figure and compound say £1000 @ 340% per annum return it doesnt take too long to build up a pretty decent fund for yourself. Compound those returns over 5 years and see how it looks! Personally i am using this strategy for growth purposes, i dont intend to take any profits as i have a job, so i am just letting it grow. I am frustrated with it at the moment, i experienced 18 consecutive winning days last month so at the moment it is very frustrating. I think the best thing to do is just place your trades and get on with your normal day. If you have a sensible approach to money management you should be fine.

hi, not read the details, but I suspect the trades are based on a short term trending model of some sort, as the last 2 weeks have been a very sideways market which could go either way at the moment. I would say at the moment you have a 50:50 chance of getting the direction right any one day, which unfortunately means with a risk:reward ratio of 2:1 means you'll net lose out at the moment. I would suspect a short term trend to develop one way or the other within a week or so, so if that's the case things should pick up for you.

Bearing in mind these short term sideways markets that might effect system performance can last several weeks, I personally would be using a small risk per trade (say max 2%), as in those conditions with a >5% risk you could easily look at wiping out.

Hi to All,

Like a lot of you, I am trialling this system to see if it is a worthwhile system. I don't mind the losses so long as there is a good gut feeling amongst the more experienced traders about this system and its long term trend is still a positive return.

For me, the 9.15am trade is ok for now. I do like the positive attitude from members, and look forward to the private forum. I don't know if Martin Carter looks at this site, but regardless of the outcome this week, it would be interesting if he has any views based on trends for the CAC/DAX in previous years before he put together the last 52 weeks results.

Good luck to all on the DAX.

Rich 3

Hi Astarte,

it is quite common for the open trade to meander for some hours. Not resolving til later on in the afternoon. One Friday trade stayed open like this til 5 minutes before close of markets at 9pm on the Sunday before hitting the profit target. So you can see that it's never over til it's over, so to speak. :)

Hi all,
Am I too late to get on the list Steve B? Please addme if poss.
A little worried about start - 3 losses on the trot after 2 wins and worse still I can't do Wednesdays!
Ah wel - hang in there!

Welcome jimdog,

you're on the list. Keep hanging! :D

Hi to All,

Like a lot of you, I am trialling this system to see if it is a worthwhile system. I don't mind the losses so long as there is a good gut feeling amongst the more experienced traders about this system and its long term trend is still a positive return.

For me, the 9.15am trade is ok for now. I do like the positive attitude from members, and look forward to the private forum. I don't know if Martin Carter looks at this site, but regardless of the outcome this week, it would be interesting if he has any views based on trends for the CAC/DAX in previous years before he put together the last 52 weeks results.

Good luck to all on the DAX.

Rich 3

I did email Martin Carter to let him know about this forum and the application for a private forum. Whether he has visited or not I don't know.

He told me that he started studying this pair in 2007 with a view their suitability.

Who hooooo limit hit! Let's take this to the TOP! hope you are all out of the CAC trade!

Hi Astarte,

it is quite common for the open trade to meander for some hours. Not resolving til later on in the afternoon. One Friday trade stayed open like this til 5 minutes before close of markets at 9pm on the Sunday before hitting the profit target. So you can see that it's never over til it's over, so to speak. :)

Thanks for all your replies and that worked out well. As time goes on perhaps I'll get better at 'setting and forgetting'. I suppose however I'm still trading on Gekko's generosity anyway, being about half down on the £500 bonus I got with the trading account.

It's a learning curve. When will we be able to open the private forum?

Thanks for all your replies and that worked out well. As time goes on perhaps I'll get better at 'setting and forgetting'. I suppose however I'm still trading on Gekko's generosity anyway, being about half down on the £500 bonus I got with the trading account.

It's a learning curve. When will we be able to open the private forum?

I'm afraid we're waiting for Trade2Win administration to deal withe the application.

It's frustrating but there's nothing we can do. I wish we could have it operating tomorrow.:)

I've been using this since mid august so luckily I picked up the earlier winning run and am trading on profits although current bank growth reduced to 21% but still a load better than a deposit account. FYI Martin Carter (author of system) did advise that previous good trend was out of line with the long term results ie a short term good or bad blip will be out of line with the average. I think he said from the beginning of August success rate was 85%. Now since beginning August success rate is c79% so getting closer to the long term historical of c75%. So those who joined in late september have maybe just been damned unlucky.

For what its worth I like the system but there will always be spurts and blips with any trading methodology. I read some earlier comments today about maybe getting out at breakeven; concerned about some bars etc. I found in my early days (Jan 2010) that if I was on a trade for any amount if it moved against me I used to get fraught. It took six months plus to get rid of the emotion and if the system is robust then place and forget - walkaway from the computer (easier said than done I admit) for the sake of sanity.

Also if your worried about the loss ......... then question should you be trading and risking this money? and only you can answer that.

My opinion is that this system has the potential for long term growth as opposed to weekly/daily profits so I'd say keep the faith. BTW I have no connection at all with the system just lucky to get it a bit earlier.

Good to see the winner today Yeah

I've been using this since mid august so luckily I picked up the earlier winning run and am trading on profits although current bank growth reduced to 21% but still a load better than a deposit account. FYI Martin Carter (author of system) did advise that previous good trend was out of line with the long term results ie a short term good or bad blip will be out of line with the average. I think he said from the beginning of August success rate was 85%. Now since beginning August success rate is c79% so getting closer to the long term historical of c75%. So those who joined in late september have maybe just been damned unlucky.

For what its worth I like the system but there will always be spurts and blips with any trading methodology. I read some earlier comments today about maybe getting out at breakeven; concerned about some bars etc. I found in my early days (Jan 2010) that if I was on a trade for any amount if it moved against me I used to get fraught. It took six months plus to get rid of the emotion and if the system is robust then place and forget - walkaway from the computer (easier said than done I admit) for the sake of sanity.

Also if your worried about the loss ......... then question should you be trading and risking this money? and only you can answer that.

My opinion is that this system has the potential for long term growth as opposed to weekly/daily profits so I'd say keep the faith. BTW I have no connection at all with the system just lucky to get it a bit earlier.

Good to see the winner today Yeah

I agree with you 100%. (y)