The Daily Index Trader

Hi Steve B

Ian H from More Money Review here, add me to the list...

By the way what is happening with DIT at the moment, we are getting close to setting a new record for consecutive losers...

Hi Steve B

Ian H from More Money Review here, add me to the list...

By the way what is happening with DIT at the moment, we are getting close to setting a new record for consecutive losers...

Hi Ian,

great to see you here! You're on the list. Good luck (y)

Morning Steve B - thanks for the reply - was a bit worried about my figures 'cos when I pasted over the DAX numbers, I forgot to paste special and it would not let me alter it - error message saying it was "read only" any thoughts?
lin

Morning Steve B - thanks for the reply - was a bit worried about my figures 'cos when I pasted over the DAX numbers, I forgot to paste special and it would not let me alter it - error message saying it was "read only" any thoughts?
lin

I'm a belt and braces person so I always enter the prices manually. Maybe someone else on the forum can help.

Good morning linpips,

my DAX is got stopped out too. Fingers crossed for CAC:|

I am out on the DAX too, know the CAC is going the wrong way too. Just a thought, this system in its design seems great, the problem i am starting to notice is when one hits the stop the remaining trade still has a long way to go to hit its target, giving the markets time to slow down, change direction etc. Would a system that has half the level of the stop and half the level of the profit target, but perhaps an increase in pound per point to compensate bring a higher strike rate as your stops and targets would be in a tighter range? Just a thought

Hello Steve B, Please add me to the private forum list. I have never traded before, joined DIT last week and got my bound copy yesterday. I am still slowly taking it all in so will not be rushing in to live trading for some time yet.

Hello Steve B, Please add me to the private forum list. I have never traded before, joined DIT last week and got my bound copy yesterday. I am still slowly taking it all in so will not be rushing in to live trading for some time yet.

Welcome chinata,

you've found the right place for help and support. Once we get approval for a private forum there will be plenty of discussion and ideas.

You're on the list. Good luck(y)

I am out on the DAX too, know the CAC is going the wrong way too. Just a thought, this system in its design seems great, the problem i am starting to notice is when one hits the stop the remaining trade still has a long way to go to hit its target, giving the markets time to slow down, change direction etc. Would a system that has half the level of the stop and half the level of the profit target, but perhaps an increase in pound per point to compensate bring a higher strike rate as your stops and targets would be in a tighter range? Just a thought

Well you can just never know can you. You could set up a different system but it's all a question of balancing things off against each other. The point about this system is that statistically it seems to work, but that depends on doing things the same way come what may. If you start putting your fingers in then you mess up the statistics. I'm still in the CAC although my fingers have been itching to pull me out. This is why it is an advantage to have a system that you don't have to monitor all day. But you can only really leave well alone once you come to trust it. So far I don't quite trust it although I notice that the CAC just broke through the 3680 barrier (but has now fallen back down again).

Hello Steve B, Please add me to the private forum list. I started using DIT on 21 Sept and hope it will soon return to the performance levels of the past year.

Hello Steve B, Please add me to the private forum list. I started using DIT on 21 Sept and hope it will soon return to the performance levels of the past year.

Welcome Colin,

we really need a good run of winning days don't we. You're on the list and let's hope CAC shoots up through our profit target soon. Good luck(y)

Hi Linpips - hopefully its a bull flag on the 60 min time frame waiting to break the high's of the day, we need the DOW to rally at the open...fingers crossed for this one. I went to Thorpe park last week, and this feels like I am back on "Stealth" at the moment. Enhanced strategy has increased the stakes significantly!

Hi hazzy38

Enhanced stategy has increased my stakes significantly yesterday and today. Yesterdays I can understand with 2 wins out of 2 for the last 2 Mondays, todays I dont really understand, with 1 loss and 1 win for the last 2 tuesdays I thought it would have kept the risk % as standard

Welcome Colin,

we really need a good run of winning days don't we. You're on the list and let's hope CAC shoots up through our profit target soon. Good luck(y)

Good luck guys, I wondered where trappers went after 8.30am! If this turns out to ge a good system come Xmas please post a quick review on the alternate systems thread on our FNT forum.

And if I do invest in this in 2011 and join the private forum I expect a huge spreadsheet of results of tweaks showing a 50% improvement on the vanilla version! ok ;)

Happy Trading!

M

Good luck guys, I wondered where trappers went after 8.30am! If this turns out to ge a good system come Xmas please post a quick review on the alternate systems thread on our FNT forum.

And if I do invest in this in 2011 and join the private forum I expect a huge spreadsheet of results of tweaks showing a 50% improvement on the vanilla version! ok ;)

Happy Trading!

M

No-one can do sreadsheets like you (y)

Hi Hazzy -hope you're right - if it breaks 85 it should go up and up - won't get any of that though -that's where my profit level is!!!
This is only my 2nd trade with this system - using simple compound.

Feel reluctant to let this trade go against me - considering getting out at b/e and re-entering if it turns around.

Fingers crossed!