The Chart of the Day

Fxstreet

Here is a new section that I hope you all enjoy. It is called The Chart of the Day, and it will contain a daily chart with an explanation of the price action in it.

Best regards,

Toni

Last edited:
Chart of The Day for 31/3/2005

forex-chart-310305.jpg

Can you explain what the divergence between the 2 momentum indicators is actually signifying and why we should pay particular attention? I am a little sceptical on these indicators.

to Verno

The signifcance of the divergence between 2 momentum indicators is to show that the directional price action may be easing at one point. You can use other momentum indicators, working in pairs, to get to the same conclusion.

Best regards

Firstly I would like to say I like your daily charts and read them with interest. I have one question about timeframe. Is you approach to merely trade these with a stop or do you give yourself a set timeframe (depending on what timeframe chart you are looking at) before exiting the trade (especially if it doesnt work)?

to Verno

Hi,

thank you for your message. Ideally, the trade should work after the cross of the stochastic and don't break previous low/high. That is where you could have your stop. There are many other filters that you can use (trendlines also work) so my opinion is that you first work out the timeframe that suits you best (risk/reward) ratio and then choose a filter to give validity to the signals the divergences provide you.

Best regards.

Chart of the Day, 19/4/2005

forex-chart-190405.jpg
Note: today, at 2:00pm GMT, 3:00pm London time, I will be holding a Q&A session in our site regarding the combination of the 2 indicators presented in the charts for trading