The best broker for FX

Most of the posts here are made by broker representatives or IB's. Please take a look at the posts of i4xtrading here: http://www.trade2win.com/boards/search.php?searchid=5234128

There's no "best broker" in general. Every broker has its +'s and -'s. One broker could be bad for a scalper but pefrect for longterm trader. Other could be good for small account but not suitable for big account. I found my perfect broker after 6 unsuccessful choices.

Very happy with Oanda, i've scalped it in my early days and they did not shut me down. Chat box Tech Support is great and almost always available.

I would like to add though, that their charting leaves much to be desired. I use MT4 for additional charting like weekly or monthly

um, phil, not sure here, but if you look at the alleged aff link, as you navigate that site it changes depending which page you navigate to, it's not imo an aff link, don't you think you should leave stuff like this to the mods before trying to trash a member? :)

look, see, it even shows a different number if i link to different page

http://www1.hymarkets.com/english/company_info.htm?ssiid=1269054016386

or having hit the home page from the previous page i get another, or a different number each time i click that same page.

http://www1.hymarkets.com/english/index.htm?ssiid=1269054092965

some kind of web tracking then maybe, rather than affiliate.

Dear Neil,

You post on this forum and confront the spammers. I admire that. However, when this is the second affiliate link I've seen you post, I have got to wonder if you warning off spammers is actually a territorial act.

You're a bit of a hypocrite no?

All the best,

Phil

No it isn't. I have no affiliation with any business. I trade for myself. Perhaps I should have put it in a question thread or something. I could ask about Oanda or FXCM for example but I feel I know enough about them - but this outfit I have not seen before albeit their spreads seem uncompetitive.
If you want me to declare a favourite it would be IGIndex (spreadbetting) and Interactivebrokers (UK) for shares.

Hope you are satisfied with my answer - if not -I don't give a sh1t:)

Dear forum users,

I’m a representative of Currenex. I represent our trading platform and will speak to the advantages of using Currenex technnology. We’re connected to more than 60 global banks and provide direct inter-bank market access for our institutional traders with a prime broker relationship For traders without the capital requirements to establish a prime broker relationship, finding a Currenex partner who uses Currenex’s proven technology provide is an excellent way for you to excel in Foreign Exchange. To start trading Foreign Exchange using Currenex technology, visit our website and proceed to White Label Partners.

Please feel free to post any questions you have regarding Currenex and/or our White-Label partners. I’d be more than happy to address them.

Regards,
Richard

Very happy with Oanda, i've scalped it in my early days and they did not shut me down. Chat box Tech Support is great and almost always available.

I would like to add though, that their charting leaves much to be desired. I use MT4 for additional charting like weekly or monthly

I've read that scalpers love Oanda...

:)

l.jpg
in.jpg
c.jpg
mr.jpg
a.jpg
e.jpg

i am using fx trade oanda. low spreads and easy to use

Fuller, do you actually use their charting? I found it to be useless.

Strange intervals for charting (3hr). Now I think if you used this correctly it could give you some sort of jump on the 4hr chart folks, but I've grown attached to my 4hr and they work for me so I gotta have'm.

Also, no coded indicators (i have a customized one I like to use). At least let us change the Fibonacci values!?

Lastly, there is hardly any data there to test. If you're like me, and do REAL backtests, you need a few years worth of data to make sure your system can weather the storm. Oanda does not provide any of these things.

Oh, and why do they not provide ACH bank deposits! (maybe it's industry standard not to?)

And let me take one last swing... Their mobile platform. I've asked them for months to allow the adjustment of a stop loss within here, or to allow limit orders. I know there are others who want this. Get your 400lb bon-bon eating coders to whip up a little tool so we can do that. I know it's a paradigm change for them to actually provide something new, besides the face of their website (only to drag in new retail suckers).

I'm still happy with their spreads and customer service, but they'll have to step up their game at some point to keep me. With all these offers going around from other brokers, $50-100 free starts to sound agreeable.

So, I've got FXCM on my radar. Oanda has a few more months to keep me around but I'm sorry, they need to stay competitive. Low spreads aren't the most important thing. I see where the money is going with other brokers.

Hi

A lot of these posts seem quite old . . . so maybe a fresh post on this topic?

I'm in the UK and looking for my first broker - so

1) UK based broker?
2) small initial deposit (2k) in sterling - with swift & easy payments
3) I like metatrader

Any UK folk wanna help a newbie?

Steve

**Update to my Oanda Slam-

Oanda now has a mobile platform that is top of the line. It offers me the ability to set limit orders which is one thing I really wanted. I can also adjust my stop losses and targets when I use them. That's all I asked for, it was like Christmas came early. I've tried FXCM and a few other mobile platforms but this is the best. Glad Oanda stepped up the game. i'll stop whining for a couple weeks.

Hi

A lot of these posts seem quite old . . . so maybe a fresh post on this topic?

I'm in the UK and looking for my first broker - so

1) UK based broker?
2) small initial deposit (2k) in sterling - with swift & easy payments
3) I like metatrader

Any UK folk wanna help a newbie?

Steve

A lot of people seem to be quite content with Alpari UK. I've heard good things about Activtrades, too.

I have trade whit them (Alpai UK) for like 2 weeks on a large account. First week I done 8.33% but next week they started to play tricks on me like not respecting my stop loss. I even had a lost on a profitable trade I had protect aroun 10 pips over the entry...

Stil just a MarketMaker that will play game on you when you get profitable from me.

I am now whit Dukascopy and fully satisfied. (margin 1:100)
For a micro account I consider FXopen but havent trade them yet. (1:500)
FxPro (standard) ain't bad either - better then alot of broker, but don't accept canadian anymore. (1:500)
FxLite (micro) ain't bad either, but spread are a bit large from me. (1:500)

Take care!

Last edited:
I've been with LucrorFx, a New Zealand brokerage. I too have fair share of failures in the past 2 years in choosing brokers. So far I'm doing just fine. They accept US clients, MT4, They allow scalping and hedging, trailing stop, 100:1 leverage.

I use activtrades, too, found, and online client area is very useful ,only 5 minutes to be funded
but the live chart is general, not like dbfx, . dbfx live chat service is best.. oanda is ok