Best Thread The 3 Duck's Trading System

3 Ducks | 26th Feb '15

Is it only old men (like me) who get excited trading pairs that move at Snail Speed?

At the moment our First Duck (H4) would favor the selling set-ups on Eur.Gbp. The main 4 hour down trend has been heading south at Snail Speed and this might put some traders off trading this pair.

Your thoughts?

Andy
Captain Currency

Attachments

• eur.gbp t2w.jpg
    eur.gbp t2w.jpg
    156 KB · Views: 570
hey all

heres caps 3rd duck on my fxcorrelator ....60ma 4hr TF

boy the blue euro is shifting south.......its a sell on pretty much every pairing at moment

buy wise I like GBP and the 2 Aussies now firing up north ........all other currencies are sitting in between .....

the EG is on a little breather at the moment as you can see that red GBP is folding south ............it will retrace at some point though so be prepared to sell EG again soon

later and best respects to Cap and the team

N

Attachments

• 4hr duck signals.JPG
    4hr duck signals.JPG
    83.3 KB · Views: 246
Is it only old men (like me) who get excited trading pairs that move at Snail Speed?

At the moment our First Duck (H4) would favor the selling set-ups on Eur.Gbp. The main 4 hour down trend has been heading south at Snail Speed and this might put some traders off trading this pair.

Your thoughts?

Andy
Captain Currency

Snail speed or not, still heading south.

Forex Broker advice please?

Hello everyone,

First, big THANK YOU to Andy for sharing this time tested and wonderful system!!

I need advice please?!

I'm looking for an ethical and honest Forex broker? Someone that would take US customers. What does everyone trading this system recommend?

I really would appreciate your advice! Thank you!!

Joseph

Hello everyone,

First, big THANK YOU to Andy for sharing this time tested and wonderful system!!

I need advice please?!

I'm looking for an ethical and honest Forex broker? Someone that would take US customers. What does everyone trading this system recommend?

Joseph

I use FXCM. I've read the stories and been told they are not a good broker but I've not personally experienced anything negative. They charge a commission with a very low spread, as they are an NDD broker and don't make money on the spread. The commission is their income stream. I imagine they like day traders. Oddly, most of their educational materials and advice pitch longer term strategies. The commission plus spread equates to about 1.1 pips per EU round trip. I've done some shopping and that total seems to be in line with other brokerages that only charge the spread (other pairs are similar as well). I like their in-house platform and you can use MT4 if you prefer that instead (I run both). I've also had no issues with adding/extracting money from my account. They allow a debit card to be used and when extracting, they just credit your card back. Pretty slick. They don't allow the high leverage that some other brokerages do - I think their average is about 50:1. Not as high as some but that may not be a bad thing. They have a lot of great tools and educational materials on their site as well. But I will say their news feed on their economic calendar is slow as compared to Forex Live, Bloomberg, etc.

If anyone knows of a better brokerage for U.S. traders, I'd be interested as well.

Hello everyone,

I need advice please?!

Joseph

and i'm looking for a woman with a 44 22 44 body and 10 million pounds in the bank.............lets both travel in hope then :LOL:

hahahaha
N

and i'm looking for a woman with a 44 22 44 body and 10 million pounds in the bank.............lets both travel in hope then :LOL:

hahahaha
N

HEHEHEHEH you made me laugh this morning...THANK YOU
@Wicked_Daddy
Thank you for the feedback!!
Since I don't want to detract from the main focus of this thread. I'm going to email you recent news about FXCM, and a recent events of last Friday that's hitting the forums, CAUTION is advised with FXCM.

Limited Choices for US residents

Hello everyone,

I need advice please?!

Joseph

Due to the FACTA regulation US customers are severally restricted to chose an overseas broker. They don't touch us anymore. As soon as they see there is any connection to the US they ask for utility bills, tax returns, proof of address etc. I have German citizenship but live in the US. I can not open an account either. That leaves you with a limited amount of US based brokers FXCM, Oanda etc. The leverage in the US is always 1:50 with all kinds of other rules like you can not hedge on on the same account per FSC laws.

I use Oanda with a small live account. I have had not had any major problems except the usual spread spikes and slippage. The use of credit and debit card is now also regulated. I use their FXtrade platform and just copy my signals over from MT4 as I believe the smallest lot size on Oanda MT4 is 0.01. The Fxtrade platform is eye-friendly and pretty but has only the standard indicators and a few other customizable options like trend line drawing tools. No problems with frozen platform for me. Their costumer service is pretty good. Always same day response via email or operator.

What else...? Oh yeah they handled the Swiss debacle pretty well for the customers. I had an trade going and they honored my SL early on.
There was just an article in the news that they lost 45M from the SNB fallout, you can google it.

Good luck with your search.

Hello everyone,

I need advice please?!

Joseph

The number of brokers outside US that will do business with US cleints is very small.

Inside US FXCM and Forex.com seem to be the most popular ones, I have not traded with either of them so I can not really comment.

We had some US clients trading with a Finish broker (Finfx) but they recently stopped taking US clients and they switched thier cients over to Tallinex - the reports and feed back from clients so far has been positive but of course, I suggest your own due diligence in this matter.

The number of brokers outside US that will do business with US cleints is very small.

Inside US FXCM and Forex.com seem to be the most popular ones, I have not traded with either of them so I can not really comment.

We had some US clients trading with a Finish broker (Finfx) but they recently stopped taking US clients and they switched thier cients over to Tallinex - the reports and feed back from clients so far has been positive but of course, I suggest your own due diligence in this matter.

Thank you 5SS and Gela.
I'm looking at FxChoice, Tradersway and Tallinex. All look great, demoing all 3 now, but leaning towards Tradersway. I might just open up with 2 of them.

Amazing how most brokers wont take US clients, are those regulations really protecting US clients or are they doing more harm than good?

Just a tad I tend to sit on the fence during the week of Non Far Payrolls. I suppose thinking twice pre-entry is not a bad idea after all, call it a form of self-discipline.

t2w%20april%201.jpg

For all us trend traders I'd really love to see Eur.Usd push lower in the coming sessions. A break (and hold) below the recent swing low on the 4 hour chart in around 1.0711 would be a good start for the bears. Who knows after that we might even be able to target the lowest low in-around 1.0460! (see chart below)

Don't forget this Friday coming (April 3) Non-Farm Payroll numbers will be released, it's also a holiday in the UK so trade carefully.

Andy
Captain Currency

Attachments

• eur.usd 4hour chart.jpg
    eur.usd 4hour chart.jpg
    153.1 KB · Views: 182
The U.S. stock exchanges are closed for Good Friday as well as many U.S. banks. However, the Federal Reserve is open, as is Federal Government entities.

Is the Forex market open? I'll assume it is in the U.S. but I can't tell for certain.

Just a tad I tend to sit on the fence during the week of Non Far Payrolls. I suppose thinking twice pre-entry is not a bad idea after all, call it a form of self-discipline.

t2w%20april%201.jpg

For all us trend traders I'd really love to see Eur.Usd push lower in the coming sessions. A break (and hold) below the recent swing low on the 4 hour chart in around 1.0711 would be a good start for the bears. Who knows after that we might even be able to target the lowest low in-around 1.0460! (see chart below)

Don't forget this Friday coming (April 3) Non-Farm Payroll numbers will be released, it's also a holiday in the UK so trade carefully.

Andy
Captain Currency

Thanks for the warning, Captain.We will have even lower volume than yesterday.