selling set-ups on these major pairs:
Usd.Chf (price below 4hr sma)
Aud.Usd (price below 4hr sma)
Usd.Jpy (price below 4hr sma)

buying set-ups on these cross pairs:
Eur.Gbp (price above 4hr sma)

selling set-ups on these cross pairs:
Eur.Jpy (price below 4hr sma)

Tip: next week we got an FOMC interest rate statement on our radar so trade your 3 Ducks carefully around the US Dollar pairs next Wednesday the 29th.

Hope you can grab 1 or 2 winning trades next week Duck Hunters!

Andy
Captain Currency

These are not trade recommendations. The 3 Ducks Trading System is best used as a set of guidelines with discretion in addition with your own market analysis and trading ideas. I do not accept liability for any loss or damage, including without limitation to any loss of profit which may arise directly or indirectly from use or reliance on such information.

Listen m8

Don't want to clutter your sales board here ;-)

I tried your indicator method several years back. Out of curiosity, do you always enter only when 3 ducks line up? Isn't it better to sometime wait for the 5 min to retrace to lows before re-entering trend?

Also if you follow this method religiously, sometimes you will be finding that you enter positions well above periodic ATR when some retracement can be expected ... I guess you look for price action to give you indication of exhaustion?

I think that you owe it to your readership to present some type of log of your results before offering private tuition or coaching sessions - otherwise you could be setting them up for failure as well ;-) not a good thing from a moral standpoint.
(preferably it would be best if your results are independently audited - this would inspire more confidence)

In any event, I wish you all the best in your trading. If you would like any help, please do not hesitate to contact me

Spreader ;-)

Greetings Duck Hunters,

For the week ahead, (27 - 31 Jan) it looks like our Ducks would favor:

buying set-ups on these major pairs:
Eur.Usd (price above 4hr sma)
Gbp.Usd (price above 4hr sma)
Usd.Cad (price above 4hr sma)

Usd.Chf (price below 4hr sma)

buying set-ups on these cross pairs:
Eur.Gbp (price above 4hr sma)

Tip: next week we got an FOMC interest rate statement on our radar so trade your 3 Ducks carefully around the US Dollar pairs next Wednesday the 29th.

Hope you can grab 1 or 2 winning trades next week Duck Hunters!

Andy
Captain Currency

These are not trade recommendations. The 3 Ducks Trading System is best used as a set of guidelines with discretion in addition with your own market analysis and trading ideas. I do not accept liability for any loss or damage, including without limitation to any loss of profit which may arise directly or indirectly from use or reliance on such information.

Have you read the last paragraph of the quote?

Ok fair play. I will start my own thread on double bottoms or macd divergences. Post some of my own recommendations for trades .... Then caveat emptor - these are all but trade recommendations.

I have tried to engage with the good old captain, but no response, just an invitation to subscribe to his tuition. This has long become a forum for lulz, the gullible and not your serious trader. That is why numbers have fallen drastically from a few years back.

You however seem to be always here :innocent:

Yeah, I write pages of posts... in your dreams.

As far as I can remember, the 3 Ducks has, always, only been an indicator of when to be long or short.
The facts are those. My personal opinion is that it is too slow for me and many opportunities for a trade are missed,, but that is my view and there are plenty of followers who disagree and seem satisfied with their results. I like to look in and read their opinions.

Awesome m8 . Good luck with those quick indicators.
Personally I like to follow what gives me a hard on ... Speaking of which ...
See you tomorrow ;-)

hey all grow up and start your own threads .........stop selling off of Captains reputation and followers

N

morning all

heres Caps 3 ducks .....the 4hour setting on a 60ma

the position of each currency relative to each other is shown using a strengthmeter

we see the yellow yen Very bull and some big recent sells on the brown CAD and the Orange AUD

what next ?

no one knows except the markets :cool: .......but by following this 4 hour picture at least you can see what moves to look for when supported by the 1hr and 5min action.....(y)

best wishes to the 3 ducks and the Cap :smart:

NVP

Attachments

• 60ma 3 ducks 4hour TF.JPG
    60ma 3 ducks 4hour TF.JPG
    69.1 KB · Views: 645
Last edited:
Greetings Duck Hunters,

Currently Bearish Eur.Jpy, would love to see Eur.Jpy taking a run south to that 139.15 area (and below) over the next few sessions.

On the flip side .... a push back above the 141.25 area would get me neutral on this pair.

Good trading to you for the rest of the week,

Andy
Captain Currency

Attachments

• eur.jpy 4hr.png
    eur.jpy 4hr.png
    20.2 KB · Views: 1,516
3 Ducks, Weekend of 1st - 2nd Feb '14

Greetings Duck Hunters,

For the week ahead, (3 - 7 Feb) it looks like our Ducks would favor:

buying set-ups on these major pairs:
Usd.Cad (price above 4hr sma)
Usd.Chf (price above 4hr sma)

Eur.Usd (price below 4hr sma)
Gbp.Usd (price below 4hr sma)

Eur.Gbp (price below 4hr sma)

Careful ...... NEWS

Next week (3 - 7 Feb) is a busy week, lots of news knocking about and lots of trend traders waiting to see what happens. If you need to trade next week then do it very carefully!

News releases:
1. Tuesday the 4th we've got an interest rate statement out of Australia (RBA).

2. Thursday the 6th we've got interest rate statements out of England (BoE) and the Eurozone (ECB).

3. Friday we've got Non Farm Payrolls out of the US.

Good trading to you all for the week ahead,

Andy
Captain Currency

Cheers mate

morning all

heres Caps 3 ducks .....the 4hour setting on a 60ma

the position of each currency relative to each other is shown using a strengthmeter

we see the yellow yen Very bull and some big recent sells on the brown CAD and the Orange AUD

what next ?

no one knows except the markets :cool: .......but by following this 4 hour picture at least you can see what moves to look for when supported by the 1hr and 5min action.....(y)

best wishes to the 3 ducks and the Cap :smart:

NVP

Waiting to bag my first duck !

Hi Duck Hunters,

Been trading for 9+ years but new to 3 Ducks. Charts set up and waiting for the hunt.(y) Unlike some other threads, everyone seems helpful and respectful here. Looking forward to incorporating 3 Ducks into my current strategy and learning from the experienced Hunters here. Set up to start with monitoring CC's suggested pairs and timeframes.

Many pips to all

Regards,
CigarguyScreenHunter_01 Feb. 02 07.23.gif

Attachments

• ScreenHunter_02 Feb. 02 07.53.gif
    ScreenHunter_02 Feb. 02 07.53.gif
    141.4 KB · Views: 175
Last edited:
I was giving up hope of finding another sensible thread after joining yesterday and quite accidentally finding one on my first foray onto the site and imagining that was a general indication of content quality.

This one is. Top marks. KISS will always win the day.

Hi Duck Hunters,

Been trading for 9+ years but new to 3 Ducks. Charts set up and waiting for the hunt.(y) Unlike some other threads, everyone seems helpful and respectful here. Looking forward to incorporating 3 Ducks into my current strategy and learning from the experienced Hunters here. Set up to start with monitoring CC's suggested pairs and timeframes.

Many pips to all

Regards,
CigarguyView attachment 171122

would you mind sharing the moving averages you have on your chart?

Here you are! Found this indi on a 3 Ducks thread but not sure where anyway it works. Displays all three MA's on one chart.
I'm afraid it doesn't. It's a common misconception that for instance a 240 moving average on a 15 minute chart is the same as the 60 moving average on the one hourly chart for that same instrument. You can prove this to yourself either by using basic logic, or by using mathematics or by simply putting the appropriate moving average on each timeframe and checking the values

Your Right

I'm afraid it doesn't. It's a common misconception that for instance a 240 moving average on a 15 minute chart is the same as the 60 moving average on the one hourly chart for that same instrument. You can prove this to yourself either by using basic logic, or by using mathematics or by simply putting the appropriate moving average on each timeframe and checking the values

Updated: Pieter, I installed the 3 Ducks indicator on a 4 hr chart and compared it to the same pair on a 5 m and a 1 hr chart and the 3 mas on the 4hr are the same. I think this indi was coded to be used on a 4hr chart only to detect pairs at a glance that are below/above the 3 mas (3 Ducks) worth going to the next lower time frames for possible trades.

Yellow- same as 60 sma on 5m chart
Blue - same as 60 sma on 60m chart
Red - same as 60 sma on 240m chart

I know nothing about code. Checking it against the Data Window appeared off a bit but also on another computer and different mt4 platform but probably close enough to decide to drop down a time frame and take a look. If you do, take a look and see if it makes sense from that prospective and let me know what you think.

I am a trader not a indicator/coder person. I would appreciate your input or anyone that can advise a method to keep the charts clean and this method simple as taught here by CC. Its nice to keep the 4 hr charts open with the multiple 60 moving averages for a screen and then drop down to the lower time frames on pairs that "THE DUCKS WOULD FAVOR", as taught by CC.

Regards,
Cigarguy

Attachments

• ScreenHunter_02 Feb. 02 07.53.gif
    ScreenHunter_02 Feb. 02 07.53.gif
    141.4 KB · Views: 144
Last edited:
Checking it against the Data Window appeared off a bit but also on another computer and different mt4 platform but probably close enough to decide to drop down a time frame and take a look.
If you can work with ‘a bit off’ and ‘close enough’, why not? I’d argue the case for discretionary elements of trade management being far more significant than anything you can systemize or codify in any event. What perturbs me is the general lack of a basic understanding of how the tools people are using and constructed and the associated failure to comprehend what they mean and how to use them. These aren’t purist ideals I’m talking about here, but the very basis for why fewer than 2% who start out wanting to trade end up being able to do so. Goes back to me ‘coffee shop’ analogy. Far fewer people ever attempt to run a business of that nature because they know they don’t know enough and they haven’t got the competences, skills or cash; or wherewithal to raise the cash, to start it or keep it running until an operational profit is probable. They know it’s not a viable option.

With trading, all the common-sense and self-awareness seem to be missing. Every damned fool and his dog think they can do it. They simply don’t know they don’t know.