Best Thread The 3 Duck's Trading System

3 Ducks, Week of 16th – 20th Dec ‘13

Greeting Duck Hunters,

This week will be my last trading week of 2013 until maybe the first or second week of January.

Time for one more winning trade before we go? Euro could be a good bet and here's why; the Euro is currently strong across the board and I'd be looking for the buying set-ups on either; Eur.Usd, Eur.Gbp or Eur.Jpy.

Look for small breakouts, A 20 pip stop-loss and a 30 pip take profit could be a good approach if our Ducks line up on any of these pairs.

On the flip side, if things go south and we get a break and hold below the 1.3700 area this week I'd turn neutral on Eur.Usd (see chart below).

Good trading to you all for this week and take care over the holidays,

Andy
Captain Currency

These are not trade recommendations. The 3 Ducks Trading System is best used as a set of guidelines with discretion in addition with your own market analysis and trading ideas. I do not accept liability for any loss or damage, including without limitation to any loss of profit which may arise directly or indirectly from use or reliance on such information.

Attachments

• Eur.Usd forum.png
    Eur.Usd forum.png
    15.2 KB · Views: 176
No-I was talking about a "Driver" from "Direct Golf." :lol

Did one enjoy ones game of golf with ones new toy?

Neil it doesn't look like a driver for a modest man like yourself, specification says: Head Size: Oversize ...

Keep smiling,

Andy
Captain Currency

Last edited:
Good for US trading

Good time to trade on this trading system is during European and US trading sessions. It also mainly helps for EUR/USD pair.

Duck Hunters, good trading to you for the week ahead (6 - 10 Jan).

If all our 3 Ducks line up in the same direction, our Ducks would currently favor:

Eur.Usd - selling
Usd.Chf - buying
Gbp.Usd - selling
Eur.Gbp - selling
Aud.Usd - buying
Usd.Cad - selling
Usd.Jpy - selling
Eur.Jpy - selling

Andy
Captain Currency

Duck Hunters, good trading to you for the week ahead (6 - 10 Jan).

If all our 3 Ducks line up in the same direction, our Ducks would currently favor:

Eur.Usd - selling
Usd.Chf - buying
Gbp.Usd - selling
Eur.Gbp - selling
Aud.Usd - buying
Usd.Cad - selling
Usd.Jpy - selling
Eur.Jpy - selling

Andy
Captain Currency

Hi Captain

Understood that many 60 SMA's have crossed recently but a trend is defined as a sequence of higher highs and higher lows. USD/JPY for example is still above its previous low in an uptrend and so I would define it as still within the trend. It is however, now below the 60 SMA and you define it as a sell if the hourly and 5 min also match up? Is there not a conflict here?

Thanks

Hi Captain
A trend is defined as a sequence of higher highs and higher lows.

USD/JPY for example is still above its previous low in an uptrend and so I would define it as still within the trend.

Howdy CB,

Looking at Usd.Jpy 4 hour chart it had got an uptrend but it looks like the bears have already scored a decent lower low and a lower high on the 4 hour chart in the last few sessions (see chart below).

It is however, now below the 60 SMA and you define it as a sell if the hourly and 5 min also match up?

Correct if you're following the 3 Ducks rules. Current price is now currently sitting on the 4 hour sma at the moment (Murphy's law) so you could even take a neutral stance on Usd.Jpy at the moment until things develop.

Is there not a conflict here?

Naw, not really but as I say ... a bit more clear price action from either the Bulls or Bear might give us some clearer direction.

Hope that helps Buddy,

Andy
Captain Currency

Attachments

• t2w forum.png
    t2w forum.png
    9.7 KB · Views: 182
Last edited:
Howdy CB,

Looking at Usd.Jpy 4 hour chart it had got an uptrend but it looks like the bears have already scored a decent lower low and a lower high on the 4 hour chart in the last few sessions (see chart below).

Correct if you're following the 3 Ducks rules. Current price is now currently sitting on the 4 hour sma at the moment (Murphy's law) so you could even take a neutral stance on Usd.Jpy at the moment until things develop.

Naw, not really but as I say ... a bit more clear price action from either the Bulls or Bear might give us some clearer direction.

Hope that helps Buddy,

Andy
Captain Currency

Thank you for clearing that up. Happy trading, shall be watching these pairs over the coming days.

Quack quack quack

Thanks

mornin CC and all .......

heres the 3 duck 60ma 4hour on my FXCorrelator strenghmeter

makes things a little simpler to see whats buying , sellling etc etc ......

great week for the Cad ......by wednesday it overtook the Euro and the swissie as the weakest currency and was already a longtime sell against most others (subject to the 1hr and 5min ducks aligning of course) (y)

the Green USD sat in the middle of the pack (as usual).....and was bullish so sells into USD were the best bet in the week

and the Red GBP was also a decent buy in the week as it swept north ......

hope everyone did well .........:smart:

NVP

Attachments

• 3 duck 4hr week.JPG
    3 duck 4hr week.JPG
    81.6 KB · Views: 206
Last edited:
great week for the Cad ......by wednesday it overtook the Euro and the swissie as the weakest currency and was already a longtime sell against most others
(subject to the 1hr and 5min ducks aligning of course) (y)

Yep, spot on with that NVP, Ducks have indeed favored (and still do) longs on Usd.Cad (selling the Cad).

Step 1 our first Duck the 4hr chart for Usd.Cad, price (1.0918) is above the 60 period sma which indicates your Ducks only favor the buying set-ups (see chart below).

Good trading for the week ahead,

Andy
Captain Currency

Attachments

• usd.cad 4hr.png
    usd.cad 4hr.png
    73.4 KB · Views: 183
Last edited:

Attachments

• abcd.png
    abcd.png
    43.5 KB · Views: 213
Trading Strategies

Just came across this post. Thought it might interest you.
Are you interested in learning some unique insights into the use of simple strategies in momentum trading? Adam Lemon has just released his new e- book, Simple Proven Strategies: Your Online Forex Education, which presents two trading strategies--the Outside Bar and Pin Bar strategies and his in-depth analysis of the results of these strategies for major currency pairs using two different candlestick patterns over several time periods.

For additional information, go to http://www.dailyforex.com/forex-fig...leases-ebook-momentum-trading-strategies/1365

Eur.Usd is back on the radar!

Current price (1.3620) is back below the 4hr 60 period sma and that means Duck Hunters could be focusing on the selling set-ups when all the 3 Ducks line up in the same direction.

Keep an eye on this pair over the next few sessions, would love to see the Bears push price south below the 1.3580 area and even lower ...

Andy
Captain Currency

Attachments

• eur.usd 4hr.png
    eur.usd 4hr.png
    14.5 KB · Views: 198
Last edited:
3 Ducks, Weekend of 18th - 19th Jan '14

Greetings Duck Hunters,

Eur.Usd, it's currently a very tradable pair for a 3 Ducks Trend Trader and it could be well worth a SELL next week (20th - 24th Jan) if and when all your Ducks line up.

Stops-losses, could be placed above hourly resistance or 5 min resistance if you're a bit more aggressive. Risk versus reward ratio; I'd say target or aim for at least 1.5 times your risk.

Good trading Duck Hunters for the week ahead and try and leave a bit of profit for me!

Andy
Captain Currency

These are not trade recommendations. The 3 Ducks Trading System is best used as a set of guidelines with discretion in addition with your own market analysis and trading ideas. I do not accept liability for any loss or damage, including without limitation to any loss of profit which may arise directly or indirectly from use or reliance on such information.

Attachments

• Eur.Usd 4hr Forum.png
    Eur.Usd 4hr Forum.png
    15.4 KB · Views: 175