Best Thread The 3 Duck's Trading System

hey Cap ...all

heres my FXcorrelator (Strengthmeter) on a 60ma setting on the 4hr where the 3 ducks system steers its trade from...

This week saw the main moves selling USD into those guys above the zero line (in my opinion) - each time they flew north you can GUARANTEE the 1hr and 5min TF's were supporting those moves for pips ....

Naturally all those other guys below the ZERO were also in the frame to sell .....but I like to only use either the USD or sometimes the Yen in my pairings......not a fan of the others if the trigger is off the 5mins TF ...

have great weekends and repect as always to the 3D !
N

Attachments

• 60ma duck in action this week.jpg
    60ma duck in action this week.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 190
3 Ducks, Weekend of 17th - 18th August '13

I'm developing a bit of a soft spot for Usd.Jpy over the last few weeks Duck Hunters!

Here's the build, to get me bearish again a break below the 97.04 area is needed. This would get our 1st Duck back below the sma on the 4hr chart which means we'd only be interested in the selling setups thereafter when all our ducks line up in the same direction (see chart below).

Trade idea on Usd.Jpy, next week I'd reckon some trend trader will be pre-setting a pending order to sell below that 97.04 support level and targeting the 96.00 area and below into next week, some might opt to take their profits sooner. Stops above 1 hr or 4 hr resistance. A false breakout on the first attempt wouldn't stop them from having another run I'd reckon.

On the flip side, a break and hold above the 98.65 area next week would get me neutral on this pair.

Hopefully you can catch a winner (or two) next week Duck Hunters.

Andy
Captain Currency.

These are not trade recommendations. The 3 Ducks Trading System is best used as a set of guidelines with discretion in addition with your own market analysis and trading ideas. I do not accept liability for any loss or damage, including without limitation to any loss of profit which may arise directly or indirectly from use or reliance on such information.

Attachments

• forum chart.png
    forum chart.png
    30.7 KB · Views: 193
Midweek trading ...
On the home pairs you'd have to favor been long either Gbp.Usd or Eur.Usd at the moment (follow your 1st Duck). But British Pound is currently stronger than it's neighbour the Euro so Gbp.Usd is looking more favourable but it still needs a dirty big bullish candle to get the bulls partying!

Stay safe,

Andy
Captain Currency.

Attachments

• forum 4hr.png
    forum 4hr.png
    81 KB · Views: 191
Last edited:
Midweek trading ...
On the home pairs you'd have to favor been long either Gbp.Usd or Eur.Usd at the moment (follow your 1st Duck). But British Pound is currently stronger than it's neighbour the Euro so Gbp.Usd is looking more favourable but it still needs a dirty big bullish candle to get the bulls partying!

Stay safe,

Andy
Captain Currency.

Hi Andy,
Thanks for the helpful hints.
Just wondered if you had any thoughts on USD/CAD at the moment? Is it on your radar at all?

I figure maybe look for going long on a retrace around 1.0440 on 4 hour chart or in the shorter term look for re-test of 1.4675 then break of 1.4800 on 5min chart.

I'll probably just observe it this time round to see how it plays out.

Cheers,
neil

Attachments

• usd-chf 21-8-13.PNG
    usd-chf 21-8-13.PNG
    20.5 KB · Views: 170
  • usd-chf 1H 21-8-13.PNG
    usd-chf 1H 21-8-13.PNG
    16.6 KB · Views: 164
  • usd-chf 5M 21-8-13.PNG
    usd-chf 5M 21-8-13.PNG
    20.8 KB · Views: 172
Last edited:
Neil has that Usd.Cad payed for your holiday yet???

A great weekend to all,

Andy
Captain Currency.

Hi Andy,
I missed out this time round; the breakout on 1H chart has been really good. Trailing stop behind the 60sma would have captured lots of pips.

Haven't put a trade on for a few days mainly due to being busy at work.
I'll have a look see over the weekend and make some sort of plan then look at using "set and forget" system instead of needing to screen watch.

All Best,
Neil

Ehh up lads a bit of Eur.Usd downward movement !!!!
But I wouldn't be surprised to see it back up at 1.3350ish in
the coming sessions, roll on September ....

choppy.png

On the flip side Aud.Usd bears are starting to behave again,
a decent pair to have on your shortlist.

Andy
Captain Currency

3 Ducks, Weekend of 31st Aug - 1st Sept '13

A mountain of fundamental news to watch out for next week Duck Hunters and a holiday in the US and Canada on Monday too.

Here's what she looks like:

Mon 2nd, Holiday in the US and Canada.
Tue 3rd, Australian Interest Rate Statement.
Wed 4th, Canadian Interest Rate Statement.
Thur 5th, UK and Euro Interest Rate Statement.
Fri 6th Non Farm Employment Change.

There is USD strength out there and that's been reflected in the 4 hr downtrend on Aud.Usd. For us 3 Ducks trend traders it makes sense to be only looking for the selling set-ups on Aud.Usd at the moment, 1st Duck is below the 4hr sma (see chart below).

Will that USD strength continue into next week and September? Well that's where some of the above fundamentals will have an impact on the sentiment and the 4 hr trend. I hope sentiment does stay strong for the US Dollar so we can keep looking to sell Aud.Usd.

Stay safe out there and hopefully you can catch a winner or two,

Andy
Captain Currency.

These are not trade recommendations. The 3 Ducks Trading System is best used as a set of guidelines with discretion in addition with your own market analysis and trading ideas. I do not accept liability for any loss or damage, including without limitation to any loss of profit which may arise directly or indirectly from use or reliance on such information.

Attachments

• forum Aud.Usd.png
    forum Aud.Usd.png
    35.4 KB · Views: 171
hey Andy / all

Heres the 4hr TF 60 sma on my FXCorrelator strengthmeter

I see a strong USD (in green) still as top dog and the Blue Euro as the dog of the pack.....that dudes shorter than Ronnie Corbett ....:)

re the Aussie D .........that Dude has packed a serious short term punch North and is now up there with the USD so I would probably not be selling it again until I see some bearish signals .....

good hunting everyone ....this is a great system and has stood the test of time (few do !)

Neil
NVP

Attachments

• 3 ducks 4hr TF 60sma.JPG
    3 ducks 4hr TF 60sma.JPG
    65.9 KB · Views: 155
It should be an interesting few days Duck Hunters (from the sidelines) watching the effects Interest Rate Statements for the UK and Eurozone might have on Eur.Usd and Gbp.Usd. And then on Friday .... baaam! Non Farm Payrolls.

Up or down from here, who knows?

Andy
Captain Currency

Last edited:
I would venture to think the 3 ducks system would work great in tandem with ichimoku. It would help filter out some bad trades.

3 Ducks, Weekend of 7th - 8th Sept '13

Non Farm Payrolls are done and dusted for another month Duck Hunters and it didn't do the US Dollar much good. This could mean the wind might be gone out of the Eur.Usd downtrend for the time being. Also, sentiment on Aud.Usd has gone from bearish to bullish over the past few days, 1st Duck is now above the 4hr sma.

Next Trend? Where will a 3 Ducks trend trader like you and me get our next swing or intermediate trend? I'd say keep an eye on Eur.Jpy next week, it's an outsider at the moment with it's 4 hr trend just after turning down.

Keep an eye on this pair into next week and maybe look to sell if and when your 3 Ducks line up (see chart below).

Hope this helps you catch a few winning trades,

Andy
Captain Currency.

Attachments

• eur.jpy forum.png
    eur.jpy forum.png
    31.3 KB · Views: 214
Have you nipped in and taken a few pips out of the market over the past few days?

Andy
Captain Currency.

Hi CC,
I just missed out on Wednesday's Aud/Usd breakout after exiting too early.
The power of the ducks as potentialy rewarding indicators was noted.

I came out of the experience feeling optomistic about what is possible and keen to improve.

Probably like many others, I keep getting close to really good returns but for one reason or another never quite seem to bring home the bacon.

Best Regards,
Neil

I would venture to think the 3 ducks system would work great in tandem with ichimoku. It would help filter out some bad trades.

hi
nice to see useful suggestions.
could you please shed light as to which aspects of ichi u use mostly?
do u look for kumo, tenken cross and the lagging span all to confirm ?

hi
nice to see useful suggestions.
could you please shed light as to which aspects of ichi u use mostly?
do u look for kumo, tenken cross and the lagging span all to confirm ?

Personally I use the Kumo clouds to filter. Sometimes a great buy setup may occur but price is below a big cloud and lo and behold the signal proves invalid because it could get through the cloud. Same for sell signals.

The kumo cloud is very accurate at predicting where price will stall AND break out. If price is slicing through the cloud then it is really a strong move.
Also, when I see price has been stalling and it is in the cloud but ready to break through and a signal in the same direction occurs, price explodes through.

With three ducks giving the guidance and the cloud helping to filter I would bet even more improvement on accuracy can be had.

Hi CC,
I just missed out on Wednesday's Aud/Usd breakout after exiting too early.

Best Regards,
Neil

Hey Neil, you'll get here Buddy.

Some of your best trades and most profitable months will be when you leave the trade alone and let it run.

On page 10 of the eBook it gives you a good example of how you could Run a Winning Trade

Hope that helps,

Andy
Captain Currency.

The 3 Ducks Trading System is a trading strategy worked out by Andy Perry (better known online as Captain Currency). The 3 Ducks Trading System uses a three-fold confirmation approach to identify an upward or downward trend. Don’t miss it up. You will still be trading binary options, not ducks at all despite the name includes the words duck trading. Although the 3 Ducks Trading System is more popularly preferred for forex transactions, this also serves as a real working strategy to a wide range of binary traders.The 3 Ducks Trading System analyzes three timeframes: a.) a 4-hour chart; b.) a 1-hour chart; and c.) a 5-min chart. Each timeframe is considered a “duck” and all three timeframes must show the same results for a trend to be confirmed.

Who are you aiming this statement at mightypen ? the person above who devised the three ducks strategy or the traders who contribute to the thread and have been using this strategy for ages ???? :rolleyes: