Best Thread The 3 Duck's Trading System

3 Ducks, Weekend of 13th - 14th July '13

Recently, not a whole lotta action out there for a trend trader Duck Hunters,

Granted the Aud.Usd 4 hr downtrend is still moving lower but the price movement or price action is in tatters and anything but elegant!

Eur.Usd, Usd.Chf, Gbp.Usd and Usd.Jpy all look a bit flat after we've seen retracements or pullbacks on those pairs and Eur.Jpy is fast asleep in a sideways range ... Zzzzz

On The Flip Side, British Pound is currently a bit weaker than the Euro and Eur.Gbp might be worth putting on your shortlist for next week. The 4 hr trend is currently up which means Eur is stronger than Gbp and your Ducks would favor the buying (long) set ups on this pair.

In the back of my mind, if Gbp.Usd gets back under the 1.5060 area (more Pound weakness) I'd be getting the trigger ready for some selling (shorts) when our 3 Ducks line up and targeting the 1.4900 area and below (see the chart below).

Hope yawl can catch a bit of the action,

Andy
Captain Currency

These are not trade recommendations. The 3 Ducks Trading System is best used as a set of guidelines with discretion in addition with your own market analysis and trading ideas. I do not accept liability for any loss or damage, including without limitation to any loss of profit which may arise directly or indirectly from use or reliance on such information.

Attachments

• gbp.usd 4hr forum.png
    gbp.usd 4hr forum.png
    23 KB · Views: 245
Hey Andy - hope you are well dude ......

heres my 4hr TF FXcorrelator on a 60ma setting reflecting Andys Famous "1st" duck (the 4hr signal)

you can see where every currency is in relationship to each other ...and remember the 3 ducks states that you only go to bat when all 3 TF signals have the alignment of the 2 currencies the same

I really only see the potential for 2 currencies to be currently sold against the Green USD line and thats the AUD and its bosom buddy the NZD.........all other Currencies are sitting above the USD indicating potential buys if the other ducks line up.....

the GBP is teasy and closest to breaching the USD ...so watch this space as andy says

later all ........
N

Attachments

• the 4hr duck.jpg
    the 4hr duck.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 238
Hello again. The system is very good. A bit of guidance please. If I make a winning trade early on in the day, would you suggest stopping or keeping an eye on the charts for another opportunity constantly?

Thank you, Simon.

If I make a winning trade early on in the day, would you suggest stopping or
keeping an eye on the charts for another opportunity constantly?

Thank you, Simon.

Howdy Simon,

Another option you have is; keep your 1st trade open, maybe move your stop to breakeven and look to add another trade, adding to your winning positions
(see short vid).

Andy
Captain Currency

Link Removed

Last edited by a moderator:
To the Duck-ers. EURJPY has good strength on 4Hr and in sync with 1H trend. will be nice to look for long............................. my entry based on 1HR is at 131.55

Do have a good day

To the Duck-ers. EURJPY has good strength on 4Hr and in sync with 1H trend. will be nice to look for long............................. my entry based on 1HR is at 131.55

Do have a good day

Stop on break even!
Nice duck

BTW. i did 1-0n-1 training with captain 4yrs ago!
i will be sharing entries here

Mike from Nigeria

Hey Andy - hope you are well dude ......

heres my 4hr TF FXcorrelator on a 60ma setting reflecting Andys Famous "1st" duck (the 4hr signal)

you can see where every currency is in relationship to each other ...and remember the 3 ducks states that you only go to bat when all 3 TF signals have the alignment of the 2 currencies the same

I really only see the potential for 2 currencies to be currently sold against the Green USD line and thats the AUD and its bosom buddy the NZD.........all other Currencies are sitting above the USD indicating potential buys if the other ducks line up.....

the GBP is teasy and closest to breaching the USD ...so watch this space as andy says

later all ........
N

Seen this and thought of you ......

Be Good,

Andy
Captain Currency.

Attachments

• Captain Currency..jpg
    Captain Currency..jpg
    17 KB · Views: 203
USDCHF lookking good on to short based on 4H strength. a break of 9350 will be good entry with initial target at 9320.

lets go short!

missed target by 2 pips took 38 pips 1st entry and 7 on second

Am sure most reader will be surprised on how i got the prediction for target right. well, u have to incorporate demand/supply or resistance/support into this strategy to make money consistently.

Hope i will be chanced to make some trade call or idea on other pairs going forward.

I am a fund manager with deep pocket and i make use of this simple strategy

thanks

Am sure most reader will be surprised on how i got the prediction for target right. well, u have to incorporate demand/supply or resistance/support into this strategy to make money consistently.

Hope i will be chanced to make some trade call or idea on other pairs going forward.

I am a fund manager with deep pocket and i make use of this simple strategy

thanks

Hi Michwales.

My first ever post:

I've been learning to trade when I've had the time for the last couple of months.

You've nailed what I'm missing in my 3 Ducks trading; taking into account Support & Resistance.

Incredible I know but when you're starting off, S&R levels don't look as good on your charts as a bunch of indicators!

Thankfully I'm past that stage now.

I hope you post again so I can learn a bit more.

Best

Hi Michwales.

My first ever post:

I've been learning to trade when I've had the time for the last couple of months.

You've nailed what I'm missing in my 3 Ducks trading; taking into account Support & Resistance.

Incredible I know but when you're starting off, S&R levels don't look as good on your charts as a bunch of indicators!

Thankfully I'm past that stage now.

I hope you post again so I can learn a bit more.

Best

Hi Sgt Pepper,
Yes, I agree. S/R lines are very useful, straight forward tools to use.
Watch out for the round number price levels too.

Best Regards,
Neil

Hi Sgt Pepper,
Yes, I agree. S/R lines are very useful, straight forward tools to use.
Watch out for the round number price levels too.

Best Regards,
Neil

Will do, Thanks Neil.

BTW I had a great 3 ducks trade going long on GBP/USD Monday(22nd), then it all fell apart on Tuesday, Wednesday....

Was this because we hit the 61.8% fib and there's uncertainty whether we're in either:

1. A retracement of/correction to the 17th June-9th July downtrend which is going to continue down.

OR:

2. A continuation of the uptrend which is going to break through the fib level and continue up.

Am I talking rubbish...I figure getting a handle on this type of stuff is going to enable me to work out when I should and shouldn't go duck hunting. Am I right or quacking up the wrong tree?

Best

Attachments

• gbpusdh4.png
    gbpusdh4.png
    83.1 KB · Views: 215