Best Thread The 3 Duck's Trading System

i'm averaging 3 trades filled a week, trading 3D as per CC's rules

...........that's after 9 weeks data collection

Sweet, you fully call some good trades (y) I took three myself using the ducks ill take the London breakout for +20 too if the action is looking good, in all I closed 8 trades this week, 5 hit the tp and the other three I bailed early, two where opposing long shorts on the usd after leaving an order on the burner far too long :whistling but managed to sneek both in the green for a couple of pips - my broker defaults orders to a week... So one got left unfilled...tut, still I hit my weekly pip target today so I'm out for the week, a sweet long weekend :D

One of the many things I love about the ducks is being able to set orders, I've started to set orders all the time, I found for me its the last confirmation there was a few times last week that if I'd have jumped straight in I'd have been stung..

Peace and pips all :D

Last edited:
good luck with your duck hunting (y)

Sweet, you fully call some good trades (y) I took three myself using the ducks ill take the London breakout for +20 too if the action is looking good, in all I closed 8 trades this week, 5 hit the tp and the other three I bailed early, two where opposing long shorts on the usd after leaving an order on the burner far too long :whistling but managed to sneek both in the green for a couple of pips - my broker defaults orders to a week... So one got left unfilled...tut, still I hit my weekly pip target today so I'm out for the week, a sweet long weekend :D

One of the many things I love about the ducks is being able to set orders, I've started to set orders all the time, I found for me its the last confirmation there was a few times last week that if I'd have jumped straight in I'd have been stung..

Peace and pips all :D

watchlist

Attachments

• 2013-05-24_0759.png
    2013-05-24_0759.png
    22.1 KB · Views: 154
would you buy this? i'm reluctant

Haven't looked at the 4 hour and 5 minute but the hourly price you show does display a tendency to drift in a small range?

Edit.
Actually , ( just looked at the other time frames) you might have missed a chance around 10.25am for a long ?
But for me I find I am looking too long at it for a trade. So -if a trade doesn't stand out straightaway then I would pass rather than trying to force one for the sake of trading something.

Last edited:
neil, thanks

actually i have 240M resistance as shown, = initial reluctance

but now i have a good close above it on 60M........fingers crossed

Attachments

• 2013-05-24_2029.png
    2013-05-24_2029.png
    20.8 KB · Views: 195
neil, thanks

actually i have resistance as shown, = initial reluctance

but now i have a good close above it on 60M

Good -but bear in mind upcoming resistance overhead (the consolidation overhead and to your left) -103360 -10380 ish ?

Not for me though since it doesn't appeal to me instantly -but then thats what makes us traders - we are all different:)

yes, my next resistance is 0390, i TP +-10 SR

Good -but bear in mind upcoming resistance overhead (the consolidation overhead and to your left) -103360 -10380 ish ?

Not for me though since it doesn't appeal to me instantly -but then thats what makes us traders - we are all different:)

how often throughout the day are people monitoring through all the currency pairs, to see if the 3 ducks line up? Or are you just checking as and when you can?

me, 4x, takes about 10min a time, to see if there is something i like

I only have a small stable of pairs to look at. Process of elimination to see what pairs are lining up on three time frames takes less than half an hour (Jungles is probably younger than I):)

i go through 27 pairs, but the 10mins refers to selecting the pairs worthy of further attention

"further attention" then takes more time on top of 10mins

I only have a small stable of pairs to look at. Process of elimination to see what pairs are lining up on three time frames takes less than half an hour (Jungles is probably younger than I):)

if a trade doesn't stand out straightaway then I would pass rather than trying to force one for the sake of trading something.

Great advice Neil, any new trader would do well to print that quote and stick it beside their monitor.

Thanks for sharing that!

Andy,
Captain Currency.