Best Thread The 3 Duck's Trading System

hey all

and best wishes to the 3D brigade....

heres the 4hr TF on a 60ma ...thats caps highest anchor TF.....

hmmmmm have you been having fun !

I see you made a lot of money selling GBP (red line) pairs in last few weeks and naturally chasing yen buys when they offered recently (yellow line) ....these guys have been the real movers for you

all the best and respect as usual to the Cap....
N

Attachments

• 3 ducks 60ma 4 hr TF.png
    3 ducks 60ma 4 hr TF.png
    30.8 KB · Views: 224
Hi Captain Currency!

Have you tried using the 3 ducks on longterm charts ie Daily, 4HR and 1HR.?

Thanks for sharing your system.

Hi and welcome to the 3 ducks thread, it is really great that you have gotten on to this place as it is full of great advice and tips,

The basic 3 ducks is available as free e book from the Captain himself, if you read and re-read it you will be ready to hunt the ducks,

As we are all inquisitive we may tend to look for other clues to help to identify bigger ducks and other targets (including pigs)...!!!!

I have been there...!! Don't bother, stay focussed, keep your aim on those 3 ducks at all times
Keep asking and keep understanding that this is a tried and tested method to nail those pips,

Big tip from my mistake......keep your screen with plenty of candles on it so you can see the trendlines. My screen tends to shrink things down to the last 10 periods and I can't make any sense of it...just a tip, from me to you..!!

Cheers, Steve

Hi and welcome to the 3 ducks thread, it is really great that you have gotten on to this place as it is full of great advice and tips,

The basic 3 ducks is available as free e book from the Captain himself, if you read and re-read it you will be ready to hunt the ducks,

As we are all inquisitive we may tend to look for other clues to help to identify bigger ducks and other targets (including pigs)...!!!!

I have been there...!! Don't bother, stay focussed, keep your aim on those 3 ducks at all times
Keep asking and keep understanding that this is a tried and tested method to nail those pips,

Big tip from my mistake......keep your screen with plenty of candles on it so you can see the trendlines. My screen tends to shrink things down to the last 10 periods and I can't make any sense of it...just a tip, from me to you..!!

Cheers, Steve

Thanks for your answer, I will follow your advice stephen.
By the way I really like the New Zealand Dollar, I find it less volatile compare to Aussie.

Happy Duck hunting!

"""""Thanks for your answer, I will follow your advice stephen.
By the way I really like the New Zealand Dollar, I find it less volatile compare to Aussie."""""

You are welcome, Sir. I, too, love the Ozzie dollar, I wish I had heaps more...!!!

Cheers, Steve

This guy has a nice, simple system. My guess is he's used to trading large size with low risk and decent rather than greedy performance.

cadchf - you might want to hold off.

yes, it is a great thread, especially for relative newbies who are searching all over the place looking for some sense to it all, thanks for the tip on the CAD/CHF,

Cheers, Steve

been getting well and truly "ducked" by the euro

.......hoping for it to happen once more a little later on :cheesy:

Attachments

• 2013-03-07_0709.png
    2013-03-07_0709.png
    27.8 KB · Views: 251
two issues iam weary of using this system.

one - if 3 ducks line up, we enter trade at the break of the high/low prevailing at the time on the 5 min chart.

but, what if there is no high / low, i.e. price has been moving uniformingly without any highs/lows . where do we enter trade then ? at what point as there is no high/low to guide us the entry point.

two - if 3 ducks line up, we enter on break of high/low. but we could be entering at a point where price reverses and changes trend. if we enter duding a trend change how do you deal with that ?

obviously there will be a stop in place, but where do you put the stop ? what is the stop size for this system ?

it also seems that this system requires you to be observing the charts all day otherwise you may miss the signals. i guess there are no alerts.

thanks

one - if 3 ducks line up, we enter trade at the break of the high/low prevailing at the time on the 5 min chart.

but, what if there is no high / low, i.e. price has been moving uniformingly without any highs/lows . where do we enter trade then ? at what point as there is no high/low to guide us the entry point.

two - if 3 ducks line up, we enter on break of high/low. but we could be entering at a point where price reverses and changes trend. if we enter duding a trend change how do you deal with that ?

obviously there will be a stop in place, but where do you put the stop ? what is the stop size for this system ?

it also seems that this system requires you to be observing the charts all day otherwise you may miss the signals. i guess there are no alerts.

thanks

You seem to be flitting all over T2W looking for the magic bullet maybe?
Did you get the e-book?
If yes -then read it through, then practice and come back with examples of trades you would like critiqued.
Do all the above because it is clear you have not studied any approach in depth. So spend time on this approach, practice and review. Your questions will then be taken more seriously. In short; you have to show serious commitment if you want people to spend time giving you serious and informed criticism.
Good luck.

Correct. Learning about training is actually challenging since you wouldn't know the place to start off. Slowly but surely, we learn we we basically got confused here.

I see English is not your first language despite your use of the UK flag. Your post makes no sense but if you are saying you do not know where to start (As I see from all your posts today over the T2W site) then go to the "First Steps" thread which will help you in your journey to be a trader.

thanks

Mate,you have got this so wrong!If the price isnt moving that is the market screaming at you DONT TRADE at this moment.Not having a view on the market is actually having a view.The 3 Ducks system is not a system that will get 800 pips a week,double your account in a month like most other systems claim,but you will winover 70% of your trades if you trade carefully and follow simple rules.
Tip to all newbies,if you are thinking of following a thread or system on any forum or site,read the rules on the first page then go to the last page and see if the system resembles the original post or if the thread starter is still posting,98 times out of 100 its not.3 Ducks and the captain are still here unchanged after 5 years!And no,I dont know him,but I owe him a drink if he's ever in Oz.You dont have to watch the screen all day,PM me and I'll tell you how to set your trades and some basic dont do's.Rant over:)

Re: The 3 Ducks Trading System

Gotta love Cable if you're a 3 Ducks trend trader! Sell, Sell, Sell is what the Ducks have been saying the last few weeks ....

March%2012th.png

sold gold at the break of the low on 5min chart. 3 ducks favor selling.

Hi, can you tell me where I can get the indicator that you have on the chart? The one that shows if price is above or below 60ma on m5 h1 h4

Thanks!

Hi all,

Does anyone have an indicator that sends email alerts?
or
I have a simple 3 MA alert that can send me email when all 3 cross. Can someone tell me what time-frame setting I would need for the 15 chart?

regards

Have a question, let´s have an example:
I look at the 4H chart: price is above MA60
1H chart: price above MA60
5MIN chart: price is already above MA60
Is it too late or can I still " jump" in??