Best Thread The 3 Duck's Trading System

Hello Traders,

If you are like me and prefer to see it rather than reading about it, you can now watch this really quick video (0.55 sec) 3 Ducks | Eur.Usd | Part 2

3 Ducks | Eur.Usd | Part 2 - YouTube

If you fancy trading with the wind at your back and having a dabble with your Ducks over the next 48-72 hours, 3 trendy pairs worth watching are;

1. Eur.Usd

2. Gbp.Usd

3. Usd.Chf

Beating the US Dollar
The US Dollar has been getting a good old beating over the last few weeks and your Ducks favor longs on the Eur.Usd (selling the USD) longs on Gbp.Usd (selling the USD) and shorts on the Usd.Chf (selling the USD).

I hope you can make a few quid - even a few Demo Dollars by putting the odds in your favour and trading in the direction of these trends with the help of your 3 ducks.

Andy
Captain Currency

These are not trade recommendations. The 3 Ducks Trading System is best used as a set of guidelines with discretion in addition with your own market analysis and trading ideas. I do not accept liability for any loss or damage, including without limitation to, any loss of profit, which may arise directly or indirectly from use of or reliance on such information.

hey Andy - hope you are well ;)

heres the 4hr TF Chart of my FXCorrelator (Currency Strengthmeter) showing why Andy is loving the USD Sells recently .....

See that falling Green Line ?..well thats the USD saying goodnight and falling below every other currency on its 60ma pairings

Been a great run and perhaps more is in the Tank ? (ride it to the end....:smart:) but I am a Little nervous that the party will end soon ..or at least retrace a little....

anyway good luck everyone chasing those USD sells ! :clover:
N

Attachments

• 3 ducks 4h TF on 60ma.jpg
    3 ducks 4h TF on 60ma.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 227
Hi Andy - I came across your 3 Ducks Trading System yest and would like to thank you for unselfishly sharing it.. It certainly offers a brand new perspective, and for loads of kinds of different instruments!

Cheers
PO

Hi Andy - I came across your 3 Ducks Trading System yest and would like to thank you for unselfishly sharing it.. It certainly offers a brand new perspective, and for loads of kinds of different instruments!

Cheers
PO

Andys system is one of the best I've ever seen.......and I've looked and played with hundreds and hundreds :smart:

N

MA Question

Hi Captian

Is there any particular reason you use the 60MA for your system? Why didn't you choose some other popular MA like the 10, 20, 50 or 200? By the way really liking the simplicity of the system so far.

Re: MA Question

Hi Captian

Is there any particular reason you use the 60MA for your system? Why didn't you choose some other popular MA like the 10, 20, 50 or 200? By the way really liking the simplicity of the system so far.

No scientific reason why its a 60 period sma, it is just something that works well, a good average!

Moving Averages and The Crossover Trade - YouTube

Andy
Captain Currency

obiwancenobi said:
thank you for the ebook, Captain. I already use your system and grab for 20 pips GU this morning :5:

Well done Buddy.

Question for all on this thread
Obi was trading Gbp.Usd with the Ducks, what pairs have you been recently watching for 3 Duck set-ups? I'm curious to see what pairs traders are watching - I might be missing some moves ....

Thanks,

Andy
Captain Currency

medisoft said:
Hi Captain!

I tried to download the ebook, but it says that the link doesn't exist :(

Can you verify it?

Thanks.

Sorry to hear that Medi,

To get your free copy (pdf) of The 3 Ducks Trading System e-Book you should e-mail me at:
[email protected] Subject line: e-Book

I will blast it over to you super fast .......

Andy
Captain Currency

Well done Buddy.

Question for all on this thread
Obi was trading Gbp.Usd with the Ducks, what pairs have you been recently watching for 3 Duck set-ups? I'm curious to see what pairs traders are watching - I might be missing some moves ....

Thanks,

Andy
Captain Currency

I've gone into the weekend 40 pips up on both EUR/GBP and US/JPY
I'm reluctant to leave trades on over the weekend but I'm really trying to school myself to let profits run more,stops are both at better than BE though.

Good morning Super Heros,

Ducks with Muscles
The Euro is flexing a bit of muscle against its neighbor the GBP and also the Japanese Yen, so no suprises that your 3 Ducks favor longs (buys) on these pairs.

Eur.Usd I would be fairly neutral on at the moment.

Don’t Forget
Mind your open positions this Wednesday, USA Interest Rate Statement – FOMC Statment. More “Hawkish” than expected = Good for currency.

Hawkish = Committee Members voting to increase rates.

Good trading to you for the week ahead,

Andy
Captain Currency

Attachments

• forum 22.10.12.jpg
    forum 22.10.12.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 172
Who is trading the Loonie at the mo?

Whats happening the Loonie, Usd.Cad ???? Cad under a bit of selling pressure - Ducks favor longs on Usd.Cad (buying Usd/selling Cad)

Andy
Captain Currency

Happy Halloween Duck Hunters,

FEAR is not just Halloween
F E A R is probably the most dominant and most destructive emotion when you or I are trading. Fear is the reason we jump out of our winning trades way too soon. Fear also stops us from entering good trade set - ups too.

When we trade with fear we bring tonnes of doubt into our trading, which leads us to over analysis our charts. We really make our trading way more difficult when emotions are at play, I would say FEAR is the Number 1 Killer for Traders.

Short Video
If you are like me and prefer to see it rather than reading about it, you can now watch this really quick video (2m 13sec) Will FEAR Ruin My Trading?

Will FEAR Ruin My Trading? Emotions in Trading - YouTube

Tell me what to do
How do I manage this influential emotion? after all we are only human and there is no delete button on our emotions. As a trader I always believe that my behaviour or actions play an important role in controlling my emotions.

Set and Forget
The reason I use a Set and Forget approach with my 3 Ducks Trading is so I can try and behave in a certain way that allows me to emotionally detach from my trades. Once I set up my pending orders in the market I will leave them alone for a full 24 hour cycle, I don't screen watch. This behaviour or action allows me to detach and the bonus is that it also lets my trades develop into bigger winners.

Small changes, Big differences
If you try something like this, what you will notice is some of your best trades and some of your best trading months will be when you detached yourself from your charts, rather than screen watching and jumping out of winning trades way too soon.

Andy
Captain Currency

Hi Everyone, Hard to believe it's been 4 months since I last posted in here. I hope you are all keeping well.

The currency I love to sell, our beloved Euro, has made its way back onto my radar again. I made hay with Eur.Usd in May, and had a couple of good trades in July, but otherwise it has been in a fairly consistent uptrend, culminating in some consolidation over the last few weeks. Despite this I still think that Europe is and will continue to be a complete basket case and so now that the 4 hr SMA has just started to turn to the downside again, consequently I have pricked up my ears.

If you have read my posts in the past you will know that I like getting into 3 Ducks trades early and I like trying to run them for as long as I can. My style concentrates on trying to make my losses as small as possible as my gains as large as possible. There are always different ways to skin a cat and this is what works for me. I don't bag winners all that often, but when I do, they tend to be quite big. Selling Eur.Usd in May was a good example. I had to wait a long time for that one though. Patience is a tough mistress sometimes.

Anyway right now, as long as the 4 hr SMA is pointing to the downside, and the 3 Ducks line up, I will be looking for sell trades in EUR.USD over the next while.

As I have done sometimes in the past, if I am at my screen while these trades trigger, I will try to log in here and post live what I am doing. As always, I will be keeping my losers small and stretching out my winners as far as I can.

You can see the first levels I will be watching on the charts below. The first chart is the 4 HR - the SMA is pointing down and price is below it. The second chart is the 1 hour - price isn't quite yet below the 1 hour SMA but if it breaks the levels I am watching it probably will have crossed by then. Same for the 5 min chart.

Remember, if price breaks these levels and then reverses and I get stopped out, it's no big deal - simply a matter of waiting until the next winner comes along. There is always a winner coming along soon, you just need to make sure it pays for the losers plus a bit more. If you can do that you are in business. :cool:

Good trading!

Nigel

Attachments

• eur.png
    eur.png
    44.8 KB · Views: 192
  • EUR1.png
    EUR1.png
    79.6 KB · Views: 240
Ok - in the trade now :D

In just below 2950, don't want to see price get back above 2958-ish.

Attachments

• rt.png
    rt.png
    33.3 KB · Views: 191
Some good momentum. Nice big bear candles straight after entry - good to see.

Attachments

• e.png
    e.png
    30.4 KB · Views: 193