Best Thread The 3 Duck's Trading System

3 Ducks trades for today. Oanda practice account. I have to go out shortly, otherwise I would have let the trades run longer.

March 22 06:29:39 2011 GMT Buy Market EUR/USD 1.42317 70,000
March 22 08:37:31 2011 GMT Close Trade EUR/USD 1.42433 70,000
Profit £49.68

March 22 06:38:23 2011 GMT Buy Market AUD/USD 1.00844 30,000
March 22 08:36:40 2011 GMT Close Trade AUD/USD 1.01032 30,000
Profit £34.66

March 22 07:31:37 2011 GMT Sell Market USD/CAD 0.97677 65,000
March 22 08:38:11 2011 GMT Close Trade USD/CAD 0.97628 65,000
Profit £19.96

Very nice job! I see that you addressed my main concern with the addition of an email alert.
Kent(y)

Hello Members,

The 3 Ducks Trading System is a great contribution to the forex community. So much so that I decided to build a custom indicator that tracks the 3 Duck System across 17 pairs without having to have 51 charts open!

The indicator will:
  • Track 17 currency pairs against the 3 Ducks trading rules.
  • Allow you to enable / disable any of the 17 tracked pairs.
  • Includes popup, email and sound alerts which you can enable / disable.
  • Tracks the last alert on screen.

3ducks.jpg

This indicator is an early warning system, letting you know the first time all 3 Ducks MA's are aligned on any given currency in any given direction. The indicator will only alert you once, any subsequent alerts for the same pair will only occur on an opposite signal.

The indicator is FREE and available for download here:
NexGen4x: Free 3 Ducks Indicator

No need to sign up or register for any thing .. just download, install and enjoy!

You are welcome to share the indicator, however, I ask that you do not mirror or attach the files anywhere. Instead please provide a link to the download page like the one I've provided above. Happy trading!

Regards,
JonDgls

Hello Members,

The 3 Ducks Trading System is a great contribution to the forex community. So much so that I decided to build a custom indicator that tracks the 3 Duck System across 17 pairs without having to have 51 charts open!

The indicator will:

3ducks.jpg

This indicator is an early warning system, letting you know the first time all 3 Ducks MA's are aligned on any given currency in any given direction. The indicator will only alert you once, any subsequent alerts for the same pair will only occur on an opposite signal.

No need to sign up or register for any thing .. just download, install and enjoy!

You are welcome to share the indicator, however, I ask that you do not mirror or attach the files anywhere. Instead please provide a link to the download page like the one I've provided above. Happy trading!

Regards,
JonDgls

This will also help with disapline, which we all need. Can you let us know who we install this indicator in to Metatrader...as I use another peice of software.
Many thanks

Can you let us know how we install this indicator in to Metatrader...as I use another peice of software.

Hello Trucktrader,

Here are the instructions you should follow for installation:
1. Once downloaded, double click the "3 Ducks Setup.exe" file.
2. You will be prompted with a message explaining the that an indicator is going to be installed. You should click the "Next" button.
3. The next window will prompt you to locate your Metatrader folder where you would like the indicator installed. The most common location is "C:\Program File\MetaTrader ...". For example, if you are with Alpari your directory is probably located here: "C:\Program Files\MetaTrader - Alpari UK\". You can find your MetaTrader directory by clicking the "Browse" button inside the installer.
4. Navigate through your computers file system until you find the folder and select it.
5. Once you have found and selected your MetaTrader folder click the "Next" button.
6. Now click the "Install" button.
7. All required files will now be installed into your MetaTrader platform.
8. Once the installer is complete please click "Finish".
9. If you had MetaTrader running during installation please close the terminal then reopen it. If it was already closed you can simply open it.
10. Open any chart on any time frame and currency pair.
11. Select the Templates button on your MetaTrader toolbar. CLICK HERE to see what the templates button looks like.
12. Select the 3 Ducks template.

And that's it! You are setup up to monitor 17 different pairs from one chart.

Regards,
JonDgls

hi JonDgls

thanks for your posts...this looks like a great tool.. however i have attempted the download and install of both the "rar" and the "exe install".. the wizzard completes ok, i restart mt4, but the template does not seem to appear. i cannot see it in "any" of the folders within Metatrader ( i am assuming the name will be 3 duck related). i am on Alpari.
any suggestions?

what is the exact name of the template/indi i am looking for? is it a template/indicator i'm looking for?

cheers

kerching

Hello Members,

The indicator will:

3ducks.jpg

Regards,
JonDgls

Hey J

thats nice (y)....and one of the better indicators Ive seen for andys system...and Free which is what being on this fantastic T2W forum is all about

I think you could strip it down more as the Cap would probably agree theres only certain pairs he would recommend to trade......you could also look at correlating certain pairs and combinations with the trade signals but thats another story and not for this thread

for example the Aud and euro seem to be the buys at the moment looking at those signals above ..........but which of the pairs signalling a buy would you be in (or all ?)

great work :smart:
N

Greetings savvy traders,

Here Is My Current View On Some Currency Pairs Using The 3 Ducks Trading System;

Eur.Usd – I would be looking for buying opportunities when my 3 ducks line up :D

Gbp.Usd – I would be looking for buying opportunities when my 3 ducks line up :)

Eur.Gbp – Eur is stronger than the Gbp at the moment so I would be looking for buying opportunities when my 3 ducks line up :D

Usd.Chf – I would be looking for selling opportunities when my 3 ducks line up :D

Aud.Usd – A bit 50/50 so I would not be looking to trade this pair for the moment (n)

Usd.Cad – Not the best looking currency pair at the moment so a wait and see approach for now (n)

Usd.Jpy – technicals are gone out the window with the Yen pairs recently so on the sidelines is the safest option for me :devilish:

Hope that helps you, Keep it Simple, Keep it Logical, Keep Control, Keep Focus![/CENTER]​

Best wishes,
Andy

These are not trade recommendations. The 3 Duck’s Trading System is best used as a set of guidelines with discretion in addition with your own market analysis and trading ideas.

thanks for your posts...this looks like a great tool.. however i have attempted the download and install of both the "rar" and the "exe install".. the wizzard completes ok, i restart mt4, but the template does not seem to appear. i cannot see it in "any" of the folders within Metatrader ( i am assuming the name will be 3 duck related). i am on Alpari.
any suggestions?

Hello kerching,

The template file should have been installed into \Your MetaTrader\templates\. Its is baned "3ducks.tpl" but will be named "3ducks" in your list of templates inside MT4.

To apply a template select 3ducks from the template button as seen here.

If 3ducks is not in that list I would guess you installed the indicator into the wrong directory and you will need to reinstall.

Regards,
JonDgls

Hello kerching,

The template file should have been installed into \Your MetaTrader\templates\. Its is baned "3ducks.tpl" but will be named "3ducks" in your list of templates inside MT4.

To apply a template select 3ducks from the template button as seen here.

If 3ducks is not in that list I would guess you installed the indicator into the wrong directory and you will need to reinstall.

Regards,
JonDgls

hey JonDgls

i thanks for the post.. i have tried thre times now with each.. i have tried various destination folders and the item just doesnt appear in "any" metrader folders within program files, pre mt4 restart after mt4 restart etc etc...hmm

any more ideas?

cheers

kerching

ah scratch that JonDgls... i've susssed it.. i have a variety of Metatrader folder within program files.. it had used an alternate version to Alpari as default.. copied across and all ok..

cheers..

kerching

p.s could you tell me what the server time should read..is that a real time time stamp?
i'm using alpari - my alpari server is uk+1 and im in uk and it 13:33.. the server time on the template is 07:00 - i imagine this is pacific time - does this udate on certrain candle open/close etc ?

update 24/3 - i've had no signals at all since an up on NZDUSD yesterday at some point - am i missing something lol?

My 3 Ducks trades for today. Oanda practice account.

March 24 08:19:31 2011 GMT Buy Market AUD/USD 1.01394 70,000
March 24 09:47:20 2011 GMT Take Profit AUD/USD 1.01640 70,000
Profit £106.70

March 24 08:04:53 2011 GMT Buy Market USD/CHF 0.91199 40,000
March 24 11:36:01 2011 GMT Stop Loss USD/CHF 0.90889 40,000
Loss £84.30

March 24 12:18:54 2011 GMT Sell Market USD/CAD 0.97677 50,000
March 24 16:05:13 2011 GMT Close Trade USD/CAD 0.97483 50,000
Profit £61.58

Hey J

thats nice (y)....and one of the better indicators Ive seen for andys system...and Free which is what being on this fantastic T2W forum is all about

I think you could strip it down more as the Cap would probably agree theres only certain pairs he would recommend to trade......you could also look at correlating certain pairs and combinations with the trade signals but thats another story and not for this thread

for example the Aud and euro seem to be the buys at the moment looking at those signals above ..........but which of the pairs signalling a buy would you be in (or all ?)

great work :smart:
N

Hi thanks for this. There is a virus in your .exe downloader (WS.Reputation). My antivirus software deleted the downloaded installer immediately, Please could you try reposting the .exe installer again?It may be that you have created this on an infected computer, so may be worth checking your machine for infection as well. Thanks.

Hi thanks for this. There is a virus in your .exe downloader (WS.Reputation). My antivirus software deleted the downloaded installer immediately, Please could you try reposting the .exe installer again?It may be that you have created this on an infected computer, so may be worth checking your machine for infection as well. Thanks.

Yes, this file will not install on my machine either. Please post a clean file.

March 25 07:03:01 2011 GMT Buy Market EUR/USD 1.41850 70,000
March 25 08:05:42 2011 GMT Stop Loss EUR/USD 1.41630 70,000
Loss £95.56

March 25 09:02:04 2011 GMT Buy Market EUR/GBP 0.88080 45,000
March 25 12:25:36 2011 GMT Stop Loss EUR/GBP 0.87859 45,000
Loss £99.44

You actually bought the top of a correction, so it took you out when it went short. I was able to sell the E/U at 1.4198 and am in good profit.

These trades do show that no system is perfect. What ever you do, continue to follow the method! You will take losses on every method at times and this was one of those times. Probably on Monday, pa will pass below the 60sma, and you will start looking for short trades. When you encounter a top or bottom, it is not unusual for the 3 ducks to hand you a loss.

March 25 07:03:01 2011 GMT Buy Market EUR/USD 1.41850 70,000
March 25 08:05:42 2011 GMT Stop Loss EUR/USD 1.41630 70,000
Loss £95.56

March 25 09:02:04 2011 GMT Buy Market EUR/GBP 0.88080 45,000
March 25 12:25:36 2011 GMT Stop Loss EUR/GBP 0.87859 45,000
Loss £99.44

It seems to me that people is always taking very small samples to try to deduct the whole universe....
What forexkunta say is rigth, any and every method you can work with will always have the potential to make you lose some pips, these method is nothing different to any other in these strict sense, these method can, and will eventually, fail at peaks and bottoms, the question is :
1) do you, guys, have the experience and technique that can help you to identify these peaks and bottoms?, or
2) do you, guys, have enough knowledge of your lack of experience that can help you to identify the point at which it will be better to risk yourselves to make a stupid question instead a stupid desition that will lead to a stupid complaint?.

(y)
The only method that I have seen so far in the trading world that allows you to look for tops and bottoms, is the Elliott Wave Priciple.

It seems to me that people is always taking very small samples to try to deduct the whole universe....
What forexkunta say is rigth, any and every method you can work with will always have the potential to make you lose some pips, these method is nothing different to any other in these strict sense, these method can, and will eventually, fail at peaks and bottoms, the question is :
1) do you, guys, have the experience and technique that can help you to identify these peaks and bottoms?, or
2) do you, guys, have enough knowledge of your lack of experience that can help you to identify the point at which it will be better to risk yourselves to make a stupid question instead a stupid desition that will lead to a stupid complaint?.