Best Thread The 3 Duck's Trading System

Scale in/out can add to some extra gains, so why not.
Even a trend goes with ups and downs (pullbacks). You could get in (or add) on a pullback and take some off after a price spike.

I have just received my eBook from CC, and would like to know what platform most of you use for 3 Ducks ?
I currently use IG Index - is this OK ?
Thanks

I have just received my eBook from CC, and would like to know what platform most of you use for 3 Ducks ?
I currently use IG Index - is this OK ?
Thanks

I think you can use whatever platform you feel comfortable with, the main thing is to gain confidence with the setups and whatever money management you use.

Does the trend of the 3 MAs matter? I'm currently looking at cable and the 4hr and 5 min prices are above the MA but the 1 hr price is below. The 4hr MA is gradually rising, the 1hr MA is descending and the 5 min MA has bottomed out and starting to rise again.

Thanks.

Duncan

Attachments

• 3ducks-20072010.JPG
    3ducks-20072010.JPG
    190.3 KB · Views: 152
HEHEHEHHEHEH

Dose there also have to be a full moon and at leat 3 buttercups growing in the garden before a trade is took ?

Are people still trading 5 minute charts in the direction of the lagging 4hr chart :LOL:

I thought that spastic mentality was put into the history books as a jokers paradise.:p

Hehehe how long does it take a 4 hour chart to confirm a down trend when it was going up
Well its a Rhetorical question anyway. becasue you will be to busy getting muffed on the 5 minute chart trading in the wrong direction.

Does the trend of the 3 MAs matter? I'm currently looking at cable and the 4hr and 5 min prices are above the MA but the 1 hr price is below. The 4hr MA is gradually rising, the 1hr MA is descending and the 5 min MA has bottomed out and starting to rise again.

Thanks.

Duncan

In terms of trend the 4hr is the most important one,it's the only one which really defines any sort of trend. 5min is pretty meaningless in that sense

You want to wait 4-8-12-16 hours for a 4hr chart to confirm a new trend then power to you. I guess everyone else will be to busy trading in the direction you will be in around 16 hours time. :p

In terms of trend the 4hr is the most important one,it's the only one which really defines any sort of trend. 5min is pretty meaningless in that sense

Did anyone just see Cable fall 120ish pips in 2 minutes? what is all that about? coming back up now..is that some kind of market tree shake to hit stops? is a move that big that quick rare?:eek:

Did anyone just see Cable fall 120ish pips in 2 minutes? what is all that about? coming back up now..is that some kind of market tree shake to hit stops? is a move that big that quick rare?:eek:

"Spike attributed to a trading error at a Dutch bank".

Dutch bank put a big sell order through

Newcomer to 3 Duck's and I've read all posts in this thread (whew) and all info provided by the Captain. Looks good. Only one minor (and, probably stupid) question: One of the Capt's charts shows "last high" to be broken with two lower blue candles to left and two lower red candles to the right for a potential setup. Do the candles have to both be the same color or can one be blue and the other red on the same side? Thanks, Nod

Newcomer to 3 Duck's and I've read all posts in this thread (whew) and all info provided by the Captain. Looks good. Only one minor (and, probably stupid) question: One of the Capt's charts shows "last high" to be broken with two lower blue candles to left and two lower red candles to the right for a potential setup. Do the candles have to both be the same color or can one be blue and the other red on the same side? Thanks, Nod

It doesn't matter as far as I know - But, if you like 3 Ducks you may want to look at the "Advanced" course - aint done it myself but there's a review here - http://www.systemsfortraders.com/fo...892-review-3-ducks-advanced-1-1-set-time.html - If you do do it appreciate any feedback

W

I gotta bump the 3 ducks system one more time.

I have coded this system and run in on GBP/USD exclusively. It also works on EUR/USD. I will note that no other pairs compare to those two.

Anyone should be able to draw up a plan and get this one working to their advantage. Captain Currency!

I gotta bump the 3 ducks system one more time.

I have coded this system and run in on GBP/USD exclusively. It also works on EUR/USD. I will note that no other pairs compare to those two.

Anyone should be able to draw up a plan and get this one working to their advantage. Captain Currency!

Coded it as an EA or just on MT4.

Ged

a very conservative EA based on the ducks. Entry had to be picky for good mechanical results. It waits for all ducks to line up and then 15m to close over the line before entering

the fact that it can be done is a great credit to the system. I've tried to code all the most stable systems I'm aware of and I must say, only 1 out of 5 bring in stable profit. But also, EA's have no discretion, so not all will work in this manner.