Best Thread The 3 Duck's Trading System

Hi Gang, this is just what i was looking for to combine with MACD divergences and pivot points to get a gist of the overall trend of the market - it looks to work excellently.

I just entered short on the EUR/USD with a limit sell below the low (at the pivot point) 1.5555 and am about +25 pips as I type this. Works great trading off resistence like we've just seen.

Many thanks Captain.

Watching for a short on EUR/CHR. If it break somewhere around 16090 it could be worth it. Any thoughts anyone?

Hello all you Duck Hunters,

Just to let you know, you can now download The 3 Duck's Trading System ebook by clicking on the ducks logo in the right hand column of The Captain Currency blog.

Kind Regards,

Andy.

PS: Apologies to everybody who sent me an email requesting the ebook. I could not reply to the emails because I have not had a free minute in the last month or so :(

Thank you Captain Currency

Thank you Captain Currency for sharing your system and your e-book. It has been very helpful in giving me direction and success for my forex trading. :clap::clover:

Yep, but I am struggling to make this system work for me.

Does it matter how far away from the 60SMA the price is on the 4h and 1h charts?

Although it worked the first couple of times, it hasn't worked since.

Today I took a position on USD/CAD, double checked it with the 10SMA crossing the 20SMA and saw 20 pips profit, before it fell back and stopped me out.

I'll keep tinkering with the Limit and Stop levels, maybe i'm being to greedy and should just take the 15-20 pips when I have them. What do you guys reckon?

Hi,
I know CC says on his blog that we should decide our own Stop loss Order and Limit order but those anyone here have a good way to set the stop loss- and limit order? Im usually in the market for 1-5 hours.

Hi,
I know CC says on his blog that we should decide our own Stop loss Order and Limit order but those anyone here have a good way to set the stop loss- and limit order? Im usually in the market for 1-5 hours.

Personally think it will change each time depending upon s/r on the chart.

yea, but some ppl use 2 times the volatility or other things like that...Guess s/r is the simple but often best way. :p usually use s/r too :p

Is there somewhere you can get s/r figures from easily, or are their charting programmes that can do it for you? Working out Pivot Points etc is all well and good but takes a while manually.

I dont use Pivot Points, i just look at the chart and try to locate a strong s/r :p
Works for me (y)

Yea, that would probely be smart. There got to be a easy way to program the software to calculate the pivot points for you =P

All the system would have to do would be to take the 4 data point (H,L,O,C) add them together and divide by 4 etc!

All the system would have to do would be to take the 4 data point (H,L,O,C) add them together and divide by 4 etc!

guess so, im really bad with pivot points :p

hmmm...other ppl that are using it: Does pivot points work for you?

Obvious Questions

Hello All,

Interesting system,

1) Does anybody run the 3 duck system on meta trader using an automated expert advisor for live trading so you can sit back and let this strategy make profit for you?...

2) How many pips per day does this system make on average?

3) Also if this strategy works why isnt everybody using it?

Regards,

James

Trading isnt about haveing the right system, its about Using a system in the right way =)

Hello All,

Interesting system,

1) Does anybody run the 3 duck system on meta trader using an automated expert advisor for live trading so you can sit back and let this strategy make profit for you?...

2) How many pips per day does this system make on average?

3) Also if this strategy works why isnt everybody using it?

Regards,

James

if you could answer the other 2 questions that might actually bring something to the table.