Best Thread The 3 Duck's Trading System

my mom once went in to see Gypsy Rose Lee in Torquay Harbour.
Rose was sporting a cast on a broken wrist.
My mom said "if you were any good you would have seen that coming".
She promptly got turfed out by Gypsy No Sense of humour

If Mystic Meg is so good why'd she do a spot on the lottery not just buy a ticket with the winning numbers and go off into the sunset?

Hello 3 Ducks Newbies :smart:

Anybody looking for a pdf copy of The 3 Duck's Trading System ebook can drop me an e-mail at: [email protected] Subject: ebook

Hi Captain. Are you around? I have diligently read through this whole thread and copied/pasted/printed everything that struck me as relevant and interesting. I have also fired off a couple of emails to you via your website requesting the eBook, but at yet I still haven't received it.

I note that you could be busy with your child expected soon (good luck on that front...), so if and when you get time I really would appreciate getting my hands on the eBook.

Cheers:cheers:

Given that this system works best in the European Session, I was wondering if anyone ever created an EA for MT4 to automate this system?

Thanks

This is going to sound dumb but how do you guys work out the entry point... I understand the system and have set up Metatrader with my three time periods but am finding it difficult to (without sitting in front of pc all day long and cycling charts) to get the entries. I understand in Metatrader that you can set audible alerts, but not being a programmer. Does anyone think it is possible that an alert could be set when say, for example all conditions are met (ie the last 5 min chart ma) is breached?

3 ducks EA

I:clover:f you read back through the thread you will find that an EA for this already exists. However, Captain Currency does not recommend that you use it and I think that he knows what he is talking about.

Hello, could you please tell me where you calculate or how your profit targets? my skype chat is castilloitaliana or email at [email protected] thank you so much MDM

Can alerts be set for the 3 ducks systems, could each of us watch a different currency pair, and post live signal here or on a new thread ?

Hi everyone,

I am a position trader and any setup that allows me to enter the market with minimum risk and in trend direction gets my attention.

I've been testing 3D for some time, taking signals and placing initial stop loss as explained in the ebook and I added into position everytime I got a new signal. I exited all the positions (if not stopped out by initial SL) when price broke 4h MA and it seems that this setup is quite robust (have to do more testing).

Of course, there were many small losess (the win/loss ratio drops significantly), but overall profitability increased (which is for me the most important factor).

Does anybody tested 3D using other longer term exits, i.e. time based or Donchian-like ?
IMHO low risk entry in direction of trend+ability to scale in = excelent set up!

Anyway, thanks for ideas Captain!

Hi guys.

Out of interest, for you who trade full time. How many pairs do you apply this to, and how many times a day do you do it?

If the ducks don't line up in the morning is there a chance they will later on, or can you scrap that pair for the day?

EUR/CHF looks good for a 3D short no?

Think I might wait to see if it drops through the 200sma on the 5min first though