Best Thread The 3 Duck's Trading System

3 Ducks Quacked on EUR/USD. My stop losses were triggered :(

-58 pips EUR/USD
-28 pips EUR/USD

EUR/USD 5Min - The reason the trade ran all the way to my stops is that i went to bed. Had this not been a paper trade i would have stayed awake and closed trade after breaking SMA line probably
EURUSD.jpg

my live journal
http://www.trade2win.com/boards/trading-journals/32079-lbranjord-journal.html

I am curious as to when everyone is trading this system. I am finding that european/ ny session is probably yielding the best trades for the 3 ducks...... Is anyone doing any better in the Asian session?

Gary

Cable is above the moving average on the 1 hour....

yes, you're right, sorry i got my scribbled notes messed up, i'm short gbp:swissie

I am short Cable, but it's from a R3 retracement set-up, not a 3 ducks. getting confusing trying to run 2 systems in parallel and where possible in tandem
i just so happens that the 60 sma is right bang on the R3, almost to the penny

sorry bout that :innocent:

EUR USD Quackin!

Entered long at 10am EUR USD. Currently 22 pips
Entered long again at 11am EUR USD. Currently 8 pips

EUR/USD still long and strong

i've got YM firing off, I've got an eye on Corn, gold & Oil, not to mention the major currencies.
and I'm experimenting with a new system (3 ducks) in addition to my own trading (pivot point breakouts/retracements). i either need more screens, less instruments or more sexy female assistants to help me out here :)

HAHA, No problem. The GBPCHF looks good, bounce off the 50% fib. as well as your moving average on the 4 hr

rathcoole, I really like your thinking. Trading is always more interesting with the sexy assistants....

EUR USD Broke sma

Not sure if i'm going to pull out yet. But my investment is threatening to go south on the 5 minute chart. It broke my sma 60 but i'm holding out for few more bars

I am curious as to when everyone is trading this system. I am finding that european/ ny session is probably yielding the best trades for the 3 ducks...... Is anyone doing any better in the Asian session?

Gary

Your post made me rethink when I am entering. It seems I have been trading trends that are losing steam. Though the 3 ducks line up, I am not getting them the second they break sma and support/resistance. All my backtesting shows that I would be making a killing if I did that. Im aiming for 7:30AM-930AM Central time for my entries in the future, and a second session at 1:00-3:00 AM for more entries. I am not sure what session these are.

Thanks for your post, it helped me.

lbranjord,
I was just thinking the european session along with the NY session would be the most robust for trading the 3 ducks. I am eastern time so it is very hard to work the euro session for any length of time. I'm thinking of looking for setups at 2 am for the start of euro and putting in my entry orders for the day. I have been working the ny session as well, which is a whole lot easier. I work full time during the day so I have a limited amount of time to manage any trade.

60sma means a simple moving average of the prior 60 periods..for this system that those periods are 4 hr,1 hr and 5 mins.

thers been a lot of praise from people of this system over past few weeks, so jus thought id throw my thoughts in. i used three ducks a while ago with little success. in fairness, it was in a period of all time dollar highs and colsolidation around those highs so maybe it was a bad time to test it. how has anyone been doing on the major currency pairs lately? if captain currency is on, maybe he can answer this one:

did the three ducks system get arrived at with a theory first if you know what i mean? what im getting at is that my newbie thinking on it would be that if price breaks through the two ducks and is about to break through a third duck, does that not represent a point at which the price has gone a long way in a short period, and therfore is increasingly likey to reverse? I was reluctant to ask this question as obviously its not neccessary for ANY theory to be present for a system to work, as i have no doubt the captain makes this one work for him! i hopefully will be able to test drive three ducks again soon and see how it goes

thnks again for sharing captain.

p.s. my above question was motivated by my studying of trader_dante's forum "making money trading" which seems another good system, albeit over a longer frame, which seems to rely on a theory the antithesis of three ducks, by my reckoning.

Hello Portomar,

Does your nickname come from Portmarnock? A nice little area in Dublin beside the sea side. I nearly bought a house there once :)

Ok, I'le try and answer your Q's:
"A period of all time dollar highs and colsolidation" are you talking about the period of Eur highs a few weeks ago?
I think the market is always making new oppertunities across different currency pairs. As I said a few times before, use the 3 ducks as a guide in addition to your own market knowledge ie sideways market, trendie market or volatile market conditions.

No sure if I completly understand the second part of your question :sneaky:
Are you saying that if the price has moved a lot ie 50-100 points before it crosses the 5min sma, then the goodness might be gone out of the move? Yes, that can happen but most oppertunities will look different.

Dont know if I would use your words to describe the above situation "increasingly likey to reverse". It maybe a trade oppertunity I would pass on. :whistling

Hope that helps a bit.