Best Thread The 3 Duck's Trading System

Attachments

• 2013-04-18_1634.png
    2013-04-18_1634.png
    31.2 KB · Views: 188
Risk Management,

:D any thoughts on my revised risk management for interday.. the parameters are:
7:3 win lose ratio,
Risk reward is 75% reward of risk
Setting stops 10pips above the 1hr high,
Entry on 5mins
Looking to target 75% of the total risk in pips, so if my stop was 10 pips above the last 1hr high and my total pips at risk equated to 120 I'd be looking a a target of 90 pips from entry.
Once I have found my pips at risk I find the amount of cash to by tjoise pips at my capital cash risk.
So is say my risk for the next 10 trades is £100 each trade would risk ten quid. Now if I hit my stop ill lose a tenner if I hit my tp ill gain £7.50 over the ten trades losing 3 and winning seven i'll profit 22.5% (30 quid lost 52.50 quid made at 7x7.5 take away the 30 from 52.50 equals 22.50.

The reason I'm trying this is because I'm being stopped out less using higher tf stops but when I am stopped out I'm losing a greater percentage of my capital then I'm winning in the longer ratio.

Also I wondered if just using the 5min sma break as a stop is much different..

All advice is gooooood

Peace and pips all!

It is my understanding that this system does not work. I have never tried it myself, but from what I have read it is useless.

it's not a system, it's more a means of forming a bias; the nuts and bolts need to be worked out by each individual

........at least that's how i approach 3D

It is my understanding that this system does not work. I have never tried it myself, but from what I have read it is useless.

it's not a system, it's more a means of forming a bias; the nuts and bolts need to be worked out by each individual

........at least that's how i approach 3D

exactly 100% The same for any system ....make it your own......its about customisation as I say all the time on my thread as well

Thanks Jungles (y)
N

dont believe everything you read ......:cool:

I don't, all I wanted is to contribute here. I guess I was wrong in doing so and should stop unless I become a veteran poster. It is my understanding you do so by posting so I am stuck in a dilemma here.

I don't, all I wanted is to contribute here. I guess I was wrong in doing so and should stop unless I become a veteran poster. It is my understanding you do so by posting so I am stuck in a dilemma here.

No really, its just that you make a sweeping statement with no real justification.

I'm asking about a a risk and reward strategy that in fairness could be applied to many systems. Saying that the 3D system doesn't work is not a real answer, you are voicing a opinion which is fine, but it's not information that can be turned to knowledge without evidence, so hardly a contribution. It would be much better if you stated your sources.

Does the 3 ducks work? - i don't know yet, but logic says that trading with in market direction will be profitable so long as the entry and exit points are correct...

On a point, if the 3D indicators didn't work why is the thread still going after 5 years?

Peace and Pips 

No dilemma -just get off your butt and try the approach rather than make unsubstantiated allegations ( and it's noted you didn't put up any references to give credence to your outburst) that Ducks dont work.

It is no "trade by numbers" system. As pointed out, by the more patient and experienced people here,you have to add your own decision making to the approach. And if you bothered to read the thread from the beginning many people have and still profit from the approach.

No need to be a veteran poster here. All you need is the maturity and intelligence to realise that name calling ("it don,t work") on a thread will immediately attract a request for proof to back up your assertions - thats what grown up debating is all about. If you were writing an essay and didn't provide references for any conclusions you assert then you would expect to fail the exam. You failed here !

I was just stating what I read, I know you think you are the holy grail among posters in this forum.

so not only do you know that the 3 ducks doesn't work without trying it, you also claim to know what I think..

I did that based on all your responses.

How you formed an opinion contrary to that indicated by all responses on this thread beggars belief(n)

Hopefully you are better at assessing evidence ,and forming an opinion therefrom, in your forthcoming school exams.:rolleyes: