T2W to 50,000 mark

hungvir

Experienced member
T2W membership is edging towards 49-50,000. What a community! I expect some profit taking at this level though :LOL:

Best,

Hung

But is big beautiful? I remember when there were a lot less members but the quality of posts was superior. Now, I look here more for entertainment than enlightenment. Perhaps picking up the odd guru on the way hasn't helped the site. I don't like seeing a new poster getting slated for asking a stupid question and I think anyone who thinks they know it all should find something better to do.

Some of the sites I look at with a lot less members are more friendly and have a higher quality of posts. New members ask stupid questions but don't get discouraged.

Now we have more than 50,000 members here. I agree quality of posts does not seem to go up with the number of members. But for me the bigger the community, the better.

It also seems like the active members who come to the site everyday and post are only a fraction of the total.

I think that people join, make a few posts, then are never seen or heard of again. I reckon that the number of "active" members remains constant at around the same level.

I imagine many novice traders join, then either lose interest in T2W, or in trading generally, or perhaps learn what they need to learn, then move on to new pastures.

It's funny how there are members that signed up at the same time as me, have been around about as active as me, but yet I have not been any kind of contact with them!

Bigbusiness said:
But is big beautiful? I remember when there were a lot less members but the quality of posts was superior. Now, I look here more for entertainment than enlightenment. Perhaps picking up the odd guru on the way hasn't helped the site. I don't like seeing a new poster getting slated for asking a stupid question and I think anyone who thinks they know it all should find something better to do.

Some of the sites I look at with a lot less members are more friendly and have a higher quality of posts. New members ask stupid questions but don't get discouraged.
Yes, that is right, just carry on....:rolleyes:

The emphasis some put on the number of T2W registrations is probably a measure of how unused they are to the Internet. People got excited about the number of subs 'free' ISPs had eight years ago until it became clear how meaningless the numbers were. Going by the "Currently Active Users Viewing this Thread" at the bottom of each thread page, and the no. of regular posters I'd guess there are about 100 regular posters, 200 occasional, and maybe 100-200 lurkers. Maybe 1% of the 50,000 are active and 99% are one-offs, or never-came-backs, or once-a-years. But it doesn't matter either way, except to sell advertising.

I was on moneytec the other day and looking through a recent poll...

over 6000 votes on the poll and only half the members of T2W! Lucky to get 30 votes on here....

That's also just guess work, blackcab. T2W just shows us the number of members and we don't know how many unique users or how many page impressions recorded each month. These two numbers are very important and we just don't know them. They may be many more than what you suggested.

hungvir said:
That's also just guess work, blackcab. T2W just shows us the number of members and we don't know how many unique users or how many page impressions recorded each month. These two numbers are very important and we just don't know them. They may be many more than what you suggested.

if you select Members List from the Community tab, there is a "Last Visit" marker.
The last time the member logged onto to view, post or whatever.

All that would be needed would be how many registered T2W members last visited within the last week, last month, last 3 months, to gauge the "active" members numbers.
The data exists to do this.
The report may prove to be interesting in itself.

Thanks, Trendie. I also noticed that guests always outnumber members. My educated guess is there're around 100,000 visitors here each month, guests and members included.

blackcab said:
The emphasis some put on the number of T2W registrations is probably a measure of how unused they are to the Internet. People got excited about the number of subs 'free' ISPs had eight years ago until it became clear how meaningless the numbers were. Going by the "Currently Active Users Viewing this Thread" at the bottom of each thread page, and the no. of regular posters I'd guess there are about 100 regular posters, 200 occasional, and maybe 100-200 lurkers. Maybe 1% of the 50,000 are active and 99% are one-offs, or never-came-backs, or once-a-years. But it doesn't matter either way, except to sell advertising.
Yes, you are right, and additionally there is an unstoppable trend spiralling downwards with regard to content quality..... More noticeable currently than ever before.

One of those little coincidences - I caught the round 60,000 when I logged in just now.

Attachments

• t2w_60k.gif
    t2w_60k.gif
    125 KB · Views: 302
It's really great to hit the 60,000 mark. There's much more work to be done on T2W, but in the meantime it's a great milestone to achieve - thanks for capturing the moment blackcab.

Its a shame, although there are 60,000 members most are washed out of the market. When 60,000 was hit, there was 91 Members and 122 Guest on line. That's just 0.4% of members

If it's true 90% lose at trading. That would leave 6,000 Members on here, I think this is more a true figure, both on trade2win and elite

laptop1 said:
That would leave 6,000 Members on here, I think this is more a true figure, both on trade2win and elite

Don't forget that ET makes little or no effort to control aliases, or "nicks". One member has more than twenty. So the number of members which ET claims is at least somewhat a fiction.

Bigbusiness said:

What are others site if you don't mind to mention them. I would like to check them out as i am always open to different and new ideas. So i will appreciate if you gonna mention some of them.

hungvir said:
T2W membership is edging towards 49-50,000. What a community! I expect some profit taking at this level though :LOL:

Best,

Hung

The membership has just gone over 60,000. More than 10,000 in the last 6-7 month. I have notice that more new member are coming from outside UK and US. More members to the community from worldwide might means more balanced view from all over the world.