T2W Members' Choice Awards 2008

Sharky

Staff
It's that time of the year again when we ask you the members of Trade2Win to choose your favourite trading companies, and your favourite things on T2W .

This is the sixth year of the T2W Members' Choice Awards (MCAs) and we're delighted this year to offer a brand new iPod Touch to one lucky voter.

The MCAs are hosted at 2008 Members' Choice Awards - the permanent home for the T2W MCA.

Similar to last year we've pre-populated most of the categories using the nominations from the previous year - but please do nominate new entries if your preferred candidate isn't already listed. Remember, you can vote in as many categories as you want. If you do leave some out, you can still return and vote on the remaining categories later on.

Everyone who casts their vote will go into the prize draw - whether you vote for one or all the categories.

Voting is now open and will remain so for the remainder of this month until December 31th 2007. Winners will be announced in January 2009, along with the the prize draw winner.

Vote now in the T2W 2008 Members' Choice Awards.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sharky, not sure if that page is working alright - went and placed some votes, and nominated some alternative suggestions. I submitted, and then when I went back, I could vote again in all categories - but, the names I'd nominated did not show up in the lists.

It works like this... names you nominate are moderated by us, every day we check the nominations and if they are valid we put them live. So they will be live some time today. Any categories you don't vote in still show up when you return to the vote page, only the ones you've voted in disappear. Perhaps I need to make this more clear?!

thats what I mean, I nominated new candidates in each of the software categories, but when I revisit the page, those options are still available to vote in, so its either letting me re-vote, or else its not registering the submission for a suggested candidate?

i assumed you couldnt vote for yourself, and so voted ffor other people.

Noticed alpari and ODL Securities were missing from a few categories such as forex brokers. ODL Spreadbet, CFD's etc.

Well, I've just voted and I have to say how shocked I am to see a banned member appear as a nominee in at least three different T2W categories. He's either what the site needs and wants - hence the nominations - or he's the last thing on earth that the site needs and wants - hence the ban. He can't be both. This is far worse than a minor lapse in joined up thinking - it makes a laughing stock of the whole site, IMO. As for the ex-member concerned - he must be absolutely pissssing himself with laughter . . .
:devilish:
Tim.

I voted for spanish89 in every category!

BTW would be nice if we could see who's winning in running...

Well, I've just voted and I have to say how shocked I am to see a banned member appear as a nominee in at least three different T2W categories. He's either what the site needs and wants - hence the nominations - or he's the last thing on earth that the site needs and wants - hence the ban. He can't be both. This is far worse than a minor lapse in joined up thinking - it makes a laughing stock of the whole site, IMO. As for the ex-member concerned - he must be absolutely pissssing himself with laughter . . .
:devilish:
Tim.

it does really, but i guess its just cos dudes nominated him.

why was he banned anyway?

Yes well noticed Arb. We've extended the closing date for entries until this Sunday (18/1) so results should be out not long after that date.

Cheers,

EK1

Hi GJ,

Good question, a few things really.
Giving members a bit extra time to vote, and to get a higher, more representative vote count, amongst some technical issues too.
Hoping to get it all done this week :cool:

hth,

EK1

Well, I've just voted and I have to say how shocked I am to see a banned member appear as a nominee in at least three different T2W categories. He's either what the site needs and wants - hence the nominations - or he's the last thing on earth that the site needs and wants - hence the ban. He can't be both.
Tim.

Why cant someone be both ?, some of the very best posts on this site are from banned members, surely just because someone breaks a few arbitarily enforced rules does not diminish the quality of their contributions

Some members are more equal than others, and they get to abuse the priveledge and get away with murder, some members prove insightful high quality posts and are banned, thats just the way it works. Surerly as an ex advisor this cannot come as a shock, its common knowledge.

Why cant someone be both ?, some of the very best posts on this site are from banned members, surely just because someone breaks a few arbitarily enforced rules does not diminish the quality of their contributions

Some members are more equal than others, and they get to abuse the priveledge and get away with murder, some members prove insightful high quality posts and are banned, thats just the way it works. Surerly as an ex advisor this cannot come as a shock, its common knowledge.
Hi zupcon,
I concede defeat on this issue, given that I posted this a while ago and I expected a lot of people to support my position. They didn't and, like you, some even challenged it! I agree with you that there are banned members have made valuable contributions to the site and, while they're still members, obviously it's fine for them to be nominated. However, once they're banned, I think it's inappropriate and the fact that they've been banned should automatically exclude them from being eligible for nomination. SOCRATES is a good example of this. As to the rights and wrongs leading to their ban, that's another issue entirely.

It's a bit like the BMA nominating Harold Shipman for an award for services to medicine because, doubtless, in all the years he was a GP, there will have been patients who he helped and who really liked him. By the same token, the tabloid press should nominate Karen Matthews for an award for helping to boost newspaper sales. It's a simple case of double standards and, in the case of the ex-T2W member in question, there are many others here who are more deserving of a nomination, including you.
;)
Tim.

So I'm guessing you're firmly in the 'rescind Fred Goodwin's knighthood' camp then Tim?
Absolutely GJ - yes I am. And thank you, Fred Goodwin is a much better example to illustrate my point than Shipman or Matthews. I've no reason to think that Goodwin is anything other than a very amiable man and, clearly, to rise to the dizzy heights of CEO, he must have something going on between the ears. However, the fact remains that he's presided over - and has to take responsibility for - the mother of all f**k ups at RBS. The idea that he's rewarded for spectacular failure is, IMO, preposterous. Then again, he's a mate of Gordo, which explains everything!
Tim.