T2W Forex Contest - Apr 2012 - Best Prizes Ever!

Good news. Tech team have confirmed that ForexDesk is now running smoothly again. Thanks for your patience everyone!

So the account balances stay as they are for april comp - regardless that some people are clearly having problems and possibly others are not?

Hey traders. FXCM intergration seems to cut out all the problems, as far as qoute and price action, and you get the FXCM price instantly. I do get lag once in awhile, but your trades are still going thru, even tho Forexdesk takes time to catch-up.. So, although you might not see the trade in forexdesk, its really there, just hidden till it seems to catch up..

so, dont asume your trade wasnt aken, just continue to trade, it should show up.

also, you dont have to be logged into your Forexdesk account while trading with the FXCM, it will still log your trades.

Im not saying its flawless, I have sen problems from time to time.

again, sharky, thanks for the contests. Been here since day 1, and still havnt cracked top 3, LOL..

BUT, im getting better, so watch out.. alot of time left this month..

Great profits to all..

So the account balances stay as they are for april comp - regardless that some people are clearly having problems and possibly others are not?

Yes because it's all still very much in Beta, which is why all issues need reporting, then the tec guys can fix them.

Yes because it's all still very much in Beta, which is why all issues need reporting, then the tec guys can fix them.

yes agreed mate, it clearly says its beta when you sign up. other than the odd glitch now and again, it was always fairly smooth, not that i've played for a while now. once any issues are found, reported and sorted, the comp will fly. its looking very awesome, with the forum integration looking slick, and the prizes are well good!

i think sharky and his team should be congratulated on a job well done so far (y)

Thanks guys! :)

Good tip from GlenGary about using FXCM demo account, definitely worth a try.

Hi fellas, Im posting a step by step process thru Picture for those that cant figure it out.

WalkThru1.jpg

cheers for that glen, that guide looks great. i never managed ever to get it going prev, and you may recall you spent pm time trying to convey the method of getting it all running. i shall attempt again to see if i can get it running with your guide, thanks for sharing, very well done (y)

WOW!!
I must be on a cloud somewhere.
Please excuse my Naivete
I do not understand how those instructions link to my FXCM Account?
It says something about linking to MetaTrader not FXCM?
I do not have MeaTrader for my FXCM Account.
I use Trade Station 2
Is there a way to link them?

Very Welcome Lightning, if you have any problems, hit me up,

Also, I would like to note, that when you open the demo account on FXCM, Choose the GPB as the currency, then enter what ever your balance is on Forexdesk, leveage i think is 20/1, which results in what we looking for.. Also, I find that it works best if the FXMonitor EA is on a 1H chart, and I work off a differant chart. Just be sure the smily face is there, and your green on the Expert tab..

Great Profits to Ya

thanks to glens guide mt4 now running with forexdesk ok it seems, although i only managed to open the trade, on closing the trade i received an error from forexdesk. nevertheless, it's progress :)

9138-lightning-mcqueen-albums-charts-picture2644-mt4-trade.jpg

Just wanted to remind everyone that the MT4 integration is still very much in beta, so proceed with caution. On the other hand the FXCM trading station integration is pretty solid and definitely worth a try.

i thought i'd try that but my pc wont download the fxcm trading station.

the download flags up as "unsigned" and the publisher "unknown"

9138-lightning-mcqueen-albums-charts-picture2646-fxcm-crap-download-their-trading-station.jpg

Last edited:
I have noticed, if you get the error, ignore it.. I have lost sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much thinking things werent going correct, but the system catches up, and everything is fine. I dont even watch the Forexdesk now, just because of that reason. It mentally messes you up..

There have been times, I had to wait 5 minutes to see my results in Forexdesk, but sooner or later, it registers.. At least on my end, as with Forex itsself, my results wont equal yours