swingin' the ftse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Long off the open, sat wrong a few points, Stop 50 pts under yest Low

Think the Swing Lows in and is a continuation of trades listed over the week on direction of ftse thread (most taken intra day with this in mind)

Good Morning boys and girls

Not been on this thread before, trading the ftse now, anybody any objections to me joining?

Good Morning boys and girls

Not been on this thread before, trading the ftse now, anybody any objections to me joining?

Your more than welcome Dinos

Happy X mas and a New Year to You Dinos

Since your on our team, straight down to business:cheesy:

Q: whats the settings of your intra day toys Dinos, I have spent the last week looking at the real market for the 1st time and regarding my earlier comments regarding them when I was an Sb boy

:eek::eek::eek::eek: I think they could be a little useful to me now

Andy

Stop moved in

Long off the open, sat wrong a few points, Stop 50 pts under yest Low

Think the Swing Lows in and is a continuation of trades listed over the week on direction of ftse thread (most taken intra day with this in mind)

Stop is in under the last hr low which is -5 ish will shuffle in the 3 min time frame if it tests it.

News out later and looking to be above yest High before then or

ITS CHRISTMAS

Attachments

• Santa rally.gif
    Santa rally.gif
    4.8 KB · Views: 390
Hi Andy

Very direct, I like that!

I'm only here today, then I have finished until 2/1/08, so in advance I wish you all a very Happy Christmas and a propserous new year.

Day trading toys as you asked:-

Chart 3 or 5 min (dependent on the market)

MA's 20,50,100, trend direction and short or long trades only

Stochastic set 14,3,53 (53)

MACD 12,34,9 & Histogram

RSI 14, with MA20 target line

Parabolic SAR

For the most consistent result takes trades only in the direction of the trend, ie, above the MA's 50 & 100 longs only, below shorts only, ignore contra trend trades.

Trade only trending time frames, when the MA's are horizontal, I don't trade.

If you ignore the the above, you can still make money, however, there is the possibility of whipsaw.

Using the stoch (not in its traditional format), but using the 53 as a target line, together with the RSI/MA, this is the 1st confimation to trade.

If you have the 1st SAR in the direction of the stoch c/o, a trade can be entered, for a safer bet, wait until the MACD bar turns the same colour.

If SAR not there, wait its arrival and trade then.

Whilst the stoch remains in you favour, this is also backed up be the macd bar, you can keep the trade open ignoring the price action movement.

Closing the trade is down to two factors, acheiving a specific points gain and exit or allow the trade to develop further wilst the SAR/MACD remain in your favour.

A very simple yet effective system, works on all indices, forex and commodities, not sure about individual stocks

Have a look, see what you think, works for me

Thanks Dinos

Hi Dinos

Mucho appreciated, will set Christmas toys up over the Crimbo period and have a good look in the new year and see how I get on with them, its been a while since I used them but short time frames are where my heart is so better follow it I guess.

Christmas just about to start by the looks of things = :eek:

Stops getting tested and I am not in the mood this late in the day :devilish:

excuse me = just off to shuffle :cheesy:

Andy

Its Chrissssssssssssssssstmassss mas

shuffled stop in the 3 and 15 min time frame intra day method/time frames

would have gone for Chistmas if

The index had gone inside Yest open hour range (top @ 300) and under todays pivot at 292

Stop in above is 25 max which is where I would have traded out this morning if it went bad

I am sat just in the money at the moment and probably going to call it a day for +5 to +10 ish, watching the above time frames very close. Will close at BE at worst from here in, might just nick it for the Crimbo drinks bill if it goes at the high again :cheesy:

Barjon I guess that bell was not rung to loud by our Christmas drunk, and its a low cont of trend signal for sure, hope all you genuine swing traders have been sensible and avoided the signal

What are your feelings Barjon tim on swing trend etc and Banks results after Christmas :eek: could be very interesting few months ahead:?:

Lads home from school and holidays here at 2pm :D

Everyone have a good one

Happy Christmas and a happy New Year to you

Andy

Attachments

• Santa rally.gif
    Santa rally.gif
    4.8 KB · Views: 395
News good

Ding Ding round 2 ;)

Stop secures the Crimbo drinks bill

only in paper cups Honest lads ;)

Update: very serious :| hours sat on top of open hours range(todays) assume Dows finished its little paddy and stop into 333.5 + 20 Hard

this bit I find very hard because = intra day I could have had + 53 pts in bin already and have decided that in the New year will stick to Intra day only and grab every point like the good old days.

Any thoughts appreciated on this from experienced members, does anyone else X over time frames or have you in the past :?:

Andy

Attachments

• Santa rally.gif
    Santa rally.gif
    4.8 KB · Views: 431
Last edited:
Stops just gone and so have I

Stop just gone and so have I + 21.5 pts

see above, any thoughts appreciated

wheres the mince pies :D

Andy

Attachments

• Santa rally.gif
    Santa rally.gif
    4.8 KB · Views: 429
The Christmas Chart

Even so, the bears will have to push down another 50 points to 6300 to create a double bottom (dotted red horizontal line) and another 25 points beyond that to generate a double bottom sell signal.
The bears achieved both of the above, but only just. Technically, the chart is now BEARISH, due to the new double bottom sell signal at 6275 (horizontal red line). However, it was a false signal with no follow through and anyone trading short on the strength of it will have been stopped out. In P&F land, the failed signal is regarded in itself as bullish and aggressive traders will have opened long positions as soon as the index made a three box reversal - i.e. at 6350. It very nearly achieved this on Tuesday, whose H.o.D. fell just 6 points below this mark at 6344. Wednesday was a day of consolidation and so it wasn't until Thursday that the bulls grabbed their respective horns and made a decisive break. The pale bloo horizontal line at 6600 is the immediate target to beat for the chart to officially revert to bullish mode. The big prize that was within sight a few weeks ago of breaking through major resistance at the 6750 highs, now looks like a goal to aim for in 2008. Lastly, the vertical green line to the left of the chart marks the start of 2007. I know the year isn't quite over yet but, even so, ultimately the index has little to show for 12 months of effort. Investors in tracker funds won't be overly impressed when they receive their end of year statements. By contrast, the proficient swing trader could have done very well indeed throughout the year, as Jon has demonstrated so ably. ;) Seasons greetings to you all.
Tim.

Attachments

• FTSE_P&F_21_12_07.jpg
    FTSE_P&F_21_12_07.jpg
    232.3 KB · Views: 194
Last edited:
User CP / Control box

I couldn't attach the chart as, apparently, in doing so will mean that I exceed my quota. I never knew we had quotas for attachments to posts and I don't know what to do about it! Does this mean that I'll never be permitted to attach another chart to a post again?
:(
Tim.

Hi Tim

Good post tim, I think I got the picture, just early to the shopping centre again, hate the morning rush hour, the road was clear on the way out so it was a quick drive home to, sort of smash and grab raid, proper man shopping :cool:

Attachments, down near the bottom on the list on left in your control box Tim (User CP) and remove the very old ones, a list should come up for you to choose :D

have a good Christmas and New Year Tim, and hope you have sorted out your new platform to.

Santa gif is going well, downloads is treble figs easy, which is way over my average winner :)

Andy

Attachments

• Santa rally.gif
    Santa rally.gif
    4.8 KB · Views: 581
Last edited:
Attachments, down near the bottom on the list on left in your control box Tim (User CP) and remove the very old ones, a list should come up for you to choose
Hi Andy,
It turns out that this is a technical glitch which Sharky has sorted out. He asks that members DO NOT delete old attachments!
Thanks for your input Andy and generous comments.
Cheers,
Tim.

Tutty Bye 2007 - Hello 2008 . . .

I know the year isn't quite over yet but, even so, ultimately the index has little to show for 12 months of effort.
As of the close last Friday 28th December, the index made a gain for the year of just 256.1 points. To put this in to some sort of perspective, this annual move is some 50 points less than the daily high/low range achieved on Friday 17th August. I know I'm preaching to the converted here, but the case in favour of short term (swing) trading could hardly be more graphic.
I've attached a final chart for the sake of completeness, although there's no change to the index from last week, so all the previous comments still apply. All that remains is for me to wish everyone a happy and prosperous 2008 - hopefully with the aid of their P&F charts!
;)
Tim.

Jon,
Any merit in a fresh thread 'Swingin' the FTSE in 2008' - or stick with the old one?

Attachments

• FTSE_P&F_28_12_07.jpg
    FTSE_P&F_28_12_07.jpg
    244.1 KB · Views: 201
Hi, Tim and all

Just back from a couple of weeks in the sunshine and see that we had a final long signal for the year with entry around 6322. That'll run through into next year unless there's something spectacular today unless anyone's grabbed 150 or so points for some celebratory champers tonight :cool:

I don't mind starting a new 2008 thread and keeping it going if people think it worthwhile - perhaps you can let me know on the thread - seems little point in keeping it going if there's not much interest.

Anyway, I hope everyone has a very happy New Year and that your trading accounts swell to bursting point in 2008.

Cheers and good trading

jon

Attachments

• ftseswing.JPG
    ftseswing.JPG
    54.7 KB · Views: 203
Barjon,

Hope you had a good holiday and Christmas. Not posting, not sure I have much of value to add, but I did follow this post regularly. Please continue,

Jonathan

I don't mind starting a new 2008 thread and keeping it going if people think it worthwhile - perhaps you can let me know on the thread - seems little point in keeping it going if there's not much interest.
Hi Jon,
Agreed! Anyone looking at the trend of the thread in terms of contributors to it, will conclude that you. me and Andy are likely to continue posting as before. However, as you point out Jon, there's little point in us doing that if no one else is really interested. Yamin151 is the only person (so far) to post any feedback - thank you Jonathan!
Tim.

Hi, Tim and all

Just back from a couple of weeks in the sunshine and see that we had a final long signal for the year with entry around 6322. That'll run through into next year unless there's something spectacular today unless anyone's grabbed 150 or so points for some celebratory champers tonight :cool:

Anyway, I hope everyone has a very happy New Year and that your trading accounts swell to bursting point in 2008.

Cheers and good trading

jon

never posted to the thread but view regularly, would ask you continue the good work in 2008 please(y)

I read this thread all the time but, you know me, I morning trade mainly.

I hope you keep it up and Best Wishes to All

Split

Status
Not open for further replies.