Swingin' the ftse 2010

tom

wow! has it been that long :-0

better update since early september. it's all continued messy and i reckon you'd be pretty cute to be on Rivalland's coat tails atm.

10 - the new uptrend did, indeed, confirm.

11 - the small 3 bar retracement, but with an 'orrible last bar, may have taken you into a
long trade here and you may, or may not, have been stopped.

The next feature is the white circled retracement (sorry no number) which you should not have traded under the rules because only 2 bar, but which you might have kept mind as a legitimate swing low as things developed.

12 - at last a tradeable retracement (albeit very messy) you should have traded that
but would have been cute to have escaped without a loss - a false start

13 - you'd probably have had another go here, although we've gone below that white
circled "maybe" swing low and you might be thinking downtrend. I doubt anyone
would've escaped a loss here - another false start.

14 - twice bitten, how was your courage? There'll be plenty (including me) cursing a
missed opportunity.

good trading and Happy Christmas, swingers

jon

Well, those that had the courage were very well rewarded, particularly if they had set 6000 as a target :)

For those still in, we now sit on top of a potentially strong support zone (yellow rectangle) and I guess most will throw in the towel if it goes through that.

The final candle is a potential swing low for a continuation play, but another little one and a more containable stop loss would be nice.

I'm not sure if we should continue with a 2011 thread or not? What do you think?

HAPPY NEW YEAR, swingers, and may your account overflow in 2011

jon

Attachments

• FTSE 100  .png
    FTSE 100 .png
    8.7 KB · Views: 195
Happy new year jon.

I've lost faith in the Rivalland three-bars so it sort of feels like I'm hijacking this thread. But I hope your commentaries have really helped newcomers to swing trading and that you will start a 2011 swingin' thread, keeping with the Rivalland approach.

Meantime I intend to set up a parallel swinging thread using my bundle of ill-assorted methods and patterns. Not a competition, but a range of viewpoints.

Let's hope for a good year.

tom

ok - i'll keep it going for a bit - if there continues to be little interest i'll just hijack yours occasionally :D

all the best

jon

tom

wow! has it been that long :-0

jon

Yes, it has been! :(

Seems to be the same for most of the monitors and advisors on T2W. Sharkey must be a hard man!

One can't beat a good bun fight, now and again, to keep one young!

Hello , Barjon , tomorton .........

Just want to wish you a Happy New Year and thank you for all the hard work you put in to the FTSE 100 swing trading thread !!

your hard work does not go unnoticed regardless of 3rd party interaction.

May the swings be with you in 2011 chaps !!

p.s. I would prefer it if you kept it in one thread and just keep going, that way all your pearls of wisdom and insight are easy to go back and to and find !!