leader of the pack ?

NDX swing trend down

good trading

Andy

Attachments

• LeaderOfThePack.gif
    LeaderOfThePack.gif
    98.2 KB · Views: 809
Back at desk now. The 18-19/08 candles printed 7pts out of 8 in favour of long against 14EMA so I am long from 4690 Close last night, Stop at 4648 (Low of 18/08). May take some profits early but certainly by time we next close below 14EMA if positive.

it's a bit messy, andy, - shrink it to 2 day bars and see what it looks like.

good trading

jon

it's a bit messy, andy, - shrink it to 2 day bars and see what it looks like.

good trading

jon

Hi Jon

post for interest only Jon, how I see it

are you rule changing again ?
its not christmas and cannot see how Aug bank holiday lets you off hook this time :)

"it's a bit messy, andy"

errrrr whats a bit messy ? looks like a chart with usual price action to me Jon

NO - do not do 2 day charts Jon, you can if you want :)

I do 1/4, month, week & day

3 clear up days in short term timeframe (swing trend down as per rivailand method/ no grey areas) on the potential leader of the pack

all best with your long and hope your 2 day ftse chart shows that upthrust up a whole lot better or pinbar is it ?

time will tell, trade well

latter

Andy

Looking back at 14EMA crossover trades from Oct 03 - 93 trades, only 50 profitable, and draw-downs are painful, as entry is at Close of Day 2, stop is far away at opposite extreme of Day 1's range. Net result using this stop setting and failsafe exit with profits = +1,600pts.
But poor net result of core method hides true potential - possible 9,800pts on table if same stop applied but taking best possible exit. If only a fraction of this excess is actually banked, method becomes much better performing.
Next objective cut losses.

Hi Jon

post for interest only Jon, how I see it

are you rule changing again ?
its not christmas and cannot see how Aug bank holiday lets you off hook this time :)

"it's a bit messy, andy"

errrrr whats a bit messy ? looks like a chart with usual price action to me Jon

NO - do not do 2 day charts Jon, you can if you want :)

I do 1/4, month, week & day

3 clear up days in short term timeframe (swing trend down as per rivailand method/ no grey areas) on the potential leader of the pack

all best with your long and hope your 2 day ftse chart shows that upthrust up a whole lot better or pinbar is it ?

time will tell, trade well

latter

Andy

rules is rules, andy :D

good job i'm not trading ndx

jon

rules is rules, andy :D

good job i'm not trading ndx

jon

Hi Jon

very gracious of you to allow me to post 1st :)

NDX must have fixed the flat tyre

short term trend back to up

NDX not leader of the pack

bringing up the rear

good call Jon

later

Andy

Attachments

• bringinguptherear.jpg
    bringinguptherear.jpg
    449.1 KB · Views: 139
mmm, I've got my position stops clustered around 4800, but I think I'll start lightening up if we re-visit 4850 unless we go on to new highs for the move from here.

good trading

jon

Not a bad place jon - getting out at the optimum level is always the hard part. My current No.2 strategy will get me 6%pa if I don't try to optimise exits, but potentially a much more impressive 25%pa if I get the best exit on every position.

mmm, I've got my position stops clustered around 4800, but I think I'll start lightening up if we re-visit 4850 unless we go on to new highs for the move from here.

good trading

jon

right or wrong i'm all gone 'twixt 4850 and 4830 - will look for re-entry via hourly if 4800 holds, otherwise it's wait for a 3 bar pullback.

good trading

jon

on nothing other than just looking at the FTSE daily, could anyone else simply picture a retracement to 4500 (pausing @ 4625 first)?

look at the action from the march rally.

the major support was the high before the drop.

the last major support before the july drop was 4500, just looks too good a support level NOT to visit again!

double bottom with bullish osc div on the FTSE H1 today by the looks of it.

Hey guys / blix. Any suggestions for FTSE's EOD/Swing trading setups? I noticed a few of you mentioned your strategies, etc. But no details on the setups/strategies. Will appreciate any help from you.

London_Lad: Newbie to trading :)

hi london

:) the whole thread relates to a swing strategy - 3 bar retracement. The basics are here - T2W Day Trading & Forex Community

In addition you'll find a few other nuggets from tomorton and others but you'll have to trawl through the posts to find them I'm afraid.

good trading

jon

Cheers Jon.

Still waiting to pull the trigger on the FTSE but short on S&P from last night's close on basis of two closes below 14EMA. Tentative maybe, I appeciate where I went short is also a putative swing low in an uptrend, but when price is dropping I feel better being short.

US holiday weekend coming up of course. will that have any effect?

Cheers Jon.

Still waiting to pull the trigger on the FTSE but short on S&P from last night's close on basis of two closes below 14EMA. Tentative maybe, I appeciate where I went short is also a putative swing low in an uptrend, but when price is dropping I feel better being short.

US holiday weekend coming up of course. will that have any effect?[/QUOTE]

NFP out tomorrow...:!:

right or wrong i'm all gone 'twixt 4850 and 4830 - will look for re-entry via hourly if 4800 holds, otherwise it's wait for a 3 bar pullback.

good trading

jon

:whistling Looks as if I made a right pig's ear of that. At least I got a third of it back on at 4845 on Friday, but should've stuck to my exit rules.

good trading

jon